2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is hard not root for a guy like Fearnley - this is likely the match of his life, definitely thus far. It is probably the only time he'll ever get to play Novak.
I just got a reminder from one of my British friends that Fearnley is a Scot .....lol! ouch

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think slicing into windy conditions is good.. hitting a heavy ball gives a player more control.
It depends what end you are at and if the wind is really swirling, I use it in serving works okay for me, taking the pace off my serve
Trying to hit a heavy ball in windy conditions? I dont think so
The worst court for windy conditions is Roland Garros, Phillip Chatrier, disgusting with the clay, sometimes the players cant see at all with the wind gusts

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Fearnley took the 3rd set, and Novak is grumpy about it. Windy on Centre Court, so that's probably not helping his mood.

Lendl was pretty much the same way which is why he excelled indoors owning the YEC during his day! Like I said, Djokovic can be in total control, was a point away from a break to close out the 3rd! Sure enough I nodded off, but woke to find he blew the set & had to win it in 4! Happens all too often; mainly due to his MOODS! He's not been in the best frame of mind for 2 yrs. now as he ranted at Ivanisovic B4 leaving last yr.! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face:

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Ask Keli about playing tennis in Chicago near lake Michigan with those wind gust over 35 mph.
Tell me about it! I had to deal w/ that wind "right" off Lake Michigan for quite a few years! I lived in HYDE Park in the 70's so I endure blustering winds on the courts at the Museum Of Science & Industry! When we moved North later, Waveland had even worse winds gusts at times! Moving to California was an experience w/ little to no wind, but there were a few days storms raged in the 90's & people had serious trouble w/ the wind; everyone but me! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :yawningface:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tell me about it! I had to deal w/ that wind "right" off Lake Michigan for quite a few years! I lived in HYDE Park in the 70's so I endure blustering winds on the courts at the Museum Of Science & Industry! When we moved North later, Waveland had even worse winds gusts at times! Moving to California was an experience w/ little to no wind, but there were a few days storms raged in the 90's & people had serious trouble w/ the wind; everyone but me! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :yawningface:
Very true.. I remember playing a tennis tournament at Lake Meadows during high wind before a storm. Never seen wind gust like that.. Playing in Hyde Park was a real challenge.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dumb Quote Of The Tournament so far ( no it isnt Mats Medicated Wilander)

Andrew Castle on commentary just now,
" Where have all these Italians come from?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Italy ? idiot!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger Federer in the royal box to watch Andy amd Jamie doubles match on CC

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
“idoit”?? Is that the Nike version of Idiot??
LOL! look it is 4.00am here my time okay I am a walking Zombie this time of year, I have to get up at 10pm the night before its a wonder I can type at all lol!
I just went back and corrected it :) I do have Nana Naps along the way.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the battle of the 2 British lefties Cam Norrie defeats Jack Draper in 3 sets 76(3) 64 76(5)
Strange result in ways seeing what form Norrie has been of late?

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
LOL! look it is 4.00am here my time okay I am a walking Zombie this time of year, I have to get up at 10pm the night before its a wonder I can type at all lol!
I just went back and corrected it :) I do have Nana Naps along the way.
Please do not feel harassed. I just saw “idoit”, and the Nike thing flashed in my head and made me laugh. :lol6: Rest up!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Please do not feel harassed. I just saw “idoit”, and the Nike thing flashed in my head and made me laugh. :lol6: Rest up!!
I wasnt harassed at all, no worries thanks for picking up my spelling mistake, just ask Andrew Castle Italians he knows we arent good spellers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.