2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Too bad for Huby, I think everyone likes his game . Maybe Fils is "the Prince that was promised"for the French

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad for Hubi to have to retire in the match, though diving for a shot on the slippery grass wasnt a good idea and injured his knee badly
Fils actually overall was the better player in this match, best I have seen him play in a long time
Fils wins via retirement and is into the 3rd round.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad for Hubi to have to retire in the match, though diving for a shot on the slippery grass wasnt a good idea and injured his knee badly
Fils actually overall was the better player in this match, best I have seen him play in a long time
Fils wins via retirement and is into the 3rd round.
I think he may have tweaked the knee area earlier in the match and twisted it again when he pivoted to turn to cover the net

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he may have tweaked the knee area earlier in the match and twisted it again when he pivoted to turn to cover the net
He went for a dive to get a ball? I mean it was insane to begin with , then did it again in the TB ?anyway it dosent matter he was getting out played by Fils who was the better player overall.
Also if his knee is badly injured that could put him in trouble for the Olympics for Poland?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did not call for an upset, I asked if there was a potential for it. I have always felt Berrettini was overrated. He had one good run and none since.
No, you just asked if it would be, given Matteo's game for grass, which is why I put it in quotes. I know you picked Jannik in 4, but you didn't seem to be thinking that Berrettini was overrated. Didn't mean to misrepresent you as a guy who liked Matteo. It's incorrect that he only had "one good run," though. You're talking about Wimbledon final in '21? Because he made the USO SF in '19 and AO SF in '22, and got up to #6 And then he's had a lot of sickness/injury pretty much since. As I said to El Dude, I don't think he's overrated. I think he's had a lot of bad luck.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2 sets all match between Shapo v Altmaier going 5 now

Must be the order of the day so far for the men
2 sets all between Dimitorv (10) v J, Shang, going 5 now

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WC Fearnley ranked 277 in the world takes a set off Novak in the 3rd set 7-5? didnt see that coming

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fearnley took the 3rd set, and Novak is grumpy about it. Windy on Centre Court, so that's probably not helping his mood.
I guess the 277 ranked player Fearnley deserved his WC after all , taking a set off Novak :)

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shelton wins the 5th set against Harris 76(7) and moves into the next round
Dimitorv (10) wins the 5th set 64 over Shang
Shapo wins the 5th set 64 over Altmaier

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fearnley took the 3rd set, and Novak is grumpy about it. Windy on Centre Court, so that's probably not helping his mood.
For tennis being an ’outdoor’ sport, he loses his crap if the wind is swirling. I wonder how much his slam count would fluctuate between if they never built covered stadiums and if they had started building them earlier. If they’d never built them, he’d be less than 18… in my opinion.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The wind is such a great leveller in tennis isnt it? players really have to adjust their serves, also using the slice works wonders in windy conditions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
For tennis being an ’outdoor’ sport, he loses his crap if the wind is swirling. I wonder how much his slam count would fluctuate between if they never built covered stadiums and if they had started building them earlier. If they’d never built them, he’d be less than 18… in my opinion.
Ask Keli about playing tennis in Chicago near lake Michigan with those wind gust over 35 mph.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
It is hard not root for a guy like Fearnley - this is likely the match of his life, definitely thus far. It is probably the only time he'll ever get to play Novak.

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.