2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@the AntiPusher Wasn't that you having no faith in Frances Tiafoe a few pages back? Well, he's into the 3rd round, after beating Coric in straights. Poor Coric...he used to get touted a lot, but also had bad luck with injuries.

EDIT: We posted at the same time! LOL.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fognini, the Atomic Blonde, is serving to beat Ruud in straights.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey...I just heard James Blake tell us that a roof was closing somewhere, and reminding us that, once it's closed, it must remain closed for the remainder of the match. I thought they changed that rule. Anyway, what's the thinking? There is no such rule that, if the roof is open, it must remain open for the rest of match. Takes too much time? What if they go into tomorrow? (Sorry to remind you of that match you asked us not to remind you of, @MargaretMcAleer.)

Aung Aung

Reactions
Fognini, the Atomic Blonde, is serving to beat Ruud in straights.
Ruud wins 3rd set in tiebreak. When Foginni was up 2 breaks and had match point on his serve at 5-2, i thought the match was over.

Reactions: Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One of my biggest pet peeve in tennis: Wimbledon starting Center Court matches at 1:30 pm local time knowing that there is a curfew effect!

If the 1st match goes 4+ hrs long, there’s a legitimate chance the 3rd match doesn’t finish on the same day. The organizers should at least start center court matches at 12 pm local time! That 1 hour and 30 mins difference is a set and a half at least!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is that Pova at Alcaraz match.. Man..She looks good. That's is one FINE woman. I hope that she gets into acting.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mannarino/Perricard have withdrawn from doubles, due to Perricards illness

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I thought,

Andy and Jamie Murray get CC for their doubles match tomorrow
It would be too much if Andy and Emma get CC for their mixed doubles match no?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a thought,

Maybe if Casper Ruud was prepared to play grass tournaments, before Wimbledon he might just get better on the surface, this Wimbledon he made it to R2
Seeing he loves gold he can now find a golf court on grass to play before going back to his fav surface clay at the Olympics

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Heck no! I am saying the pure opposite. I'm saying that Matteo SHOULD have NEVER been consider to be a serious contender. His game is too predictable and he is extremely overrated. All you have to do is break his serve and stay on his bh which will break down due to his lack of footwork. I think he is a good tennis player but not a great one.

How overrated could Matteo be making a Wimbledon final? That was no accident & he stole the 1st set off Novak coming back to take the TB! His game is as good or better than others we try and elevate like FAA, Tiafoe, & Taylor! He has a bangin' serve, a wicked FH, & can hit his BH w/ 1 or 2 hands! His "Tyrone Powers" good looks are just a bonus! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
How overrated could Matteo be making a Wimbledon final? That was no accident & he stole the 1st set off Novak coming back to take the TB! His game is as good or better than others we try and elevate like FAA, Tiafoe, & Taylor! He has a bangin' serve, a wicked FH, & can hit his BH w/ 1 or 2 hands! His "Tyrone Powers" good looks are just a bonus! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Old news we talked about that 2 hours ago lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fabio needs to find some toner to put in his bleached blonde hair, going through a mid life crisis, I feel for Flavia though she has 3 kiddies to look after, plus him :)

• Haha
Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess the "force" wasnt available to save Obi Wan Kenobi from imploding in the 5th set. That's a tough loss.
This match was suspended from yesterday, I thought Goffin LL, would win quite frankly, he replaced Murray who withdrew

The weather so far in Europe has been dismal so much for their Summer, drizzle, rain, I dont know how my daughter likes living London, she loves it lol!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just heard Nick Kyrgios refer to Medvedev as "The Slim Reaper." :face-with-tears-of-joy: That's a good one. Yeah, and he's down a break in the 2nd, or was. I'm watching Alcaraz.
that's old. I think either Courier or BG started calling him that 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.