2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
One of my biggest pet peeve in tennis: Wimbledon starting Center Court matches at 1:30 pm local time knowing that there is a curfew effect!

If the 1st match goes 4+ hrs long, there’s a legitimate chance the 3rd match doesn’t finish on the same day. The organizers should at least start center court matches at 12 pm local time! That 1 hour and 30 mins difference is a set and a half at least!
This is an old argument I've made every year. Wimby has their traditions and while they have made some changes over the years, some of the stuff that really matters is still foreign to them. :slap:

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP
Your Boy FAA is now going to win his match in 5 sets, as Kok just won the 4th set
I was concerned that Felix would take the long way home. Felix should have won it yesterday. He had some makeable mps.. Hopefully he will try to impose his will in the 5th set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was concerned that Felix would take the long way home. Felix should have won it yesterday. He had some makeable mps.. Hopefully he will try to impose his will in the 5th set
Well maybe the overnight break has given him a chance to review his match, anyway lets see, btw I have had a soft spot for Kok, he has gone from hell and back since he turned Pro, injuries and illness has kept him off the tour for long periods, he is talented , he and Nick played off at the Junior AO boys singles, Nick won that match, also the pair teamed up to win the AO doubles title.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh No.. I'm at my brother's house without ESPN plus .. They're gonna switch to Senore' Matteo and Sinnerman..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh No.. I'm at my brother's house without ESPN plus .. They're gonna switch to Senore' Matteo and Sinnerman..
Get on the official wimbledon website and SB the match, not as good though at least you will be kept up with the score, can do that on your mobile phone

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a stat for Sinner v Berrettini match which has just started,

Sinner has never lost to a fellow Italian at tour - level, holding a perfect 13-0 win - less record against his compatriots

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Get on the official wimbledon website and SB the match, not as good though at least you will be kept up with the score, can do that on your mobile phone
FAA looses again to a glorified doubles player.. Felix had 4 mps yesterday that he dumped into the net.. Now that's coaching and a lack of fire. Who is Felix's sports psychologist Sloane Stephens?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA looses again to a glorified doubles player.. Felix had 4 mps yesterday that he dumped into the net.. Now that's coaching and a lack of fire. Who is Felix's sports psychologist Sloane Stephens?
Kokk has won singles title at tour level btw?
Please Scone was Scone in a earlier match today losing 61 61 dont mention her name to me lol!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kokk has won singles title at tour level btw?
Please Scone was Scone in a earlier match today losing 61 61

Felix blew 4 mps yesterday because he was not committed to winning . One or two mps , I get it but 4 mps and to comeback today without winning a set to #93 ranked player while you are #17.. That's a piss poor effort. The next day for practice, his coach should ask Felix,
'What are we doing here because you definitely arent trying to win."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Felix blew 4 mps yesterday because he was not committed to winning . One or two mps , I get it but 4 mps and to comeback today without winning a set to #93 ranked player while you are #17.. That's a piss poor effort. The next day for practice, his coach should ask Felix, What are we doing here because he definitely isnt trying to win.
I agree, his effort today was surprising, I really thought he would go on and win the match, sometimes a suspended match or even a match is delayed for awhile either be a plus or a minus for some players, in FAA's case it was a minus.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is an old argument I've made every year. Wimby has their traditions and while they have made some changes over the years, some of the stuff that really matters is still foreign to them. :slap:
You a little grumpy today, with people repeating old news? :lulz1: It's an argument worth making again. It's really unfair to risk causing players to have to come back and play 2 days in a row.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The biggest key now for Sinner is to try finish this match in three sets before the curfew.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You a little grumpy today, with people repeating old news? :lulz1: It's an argument worth making again. It's really unfair to risk causing players to have to come back and play 2 days in a row.
I think I'm grumpy too.. Something about this tournament that I never liked. I always feel its more about the club Wimby instead of the tennis.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think I'm grumpy too.. Something about this tournament that I never liked. I always feel its more about the club Wimby instead of the tennis.
LOL. You guys are just tetchy because you were wrong about Frances.

• Haha

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Shelton is annoying.. Did you see Renee Stubbs face when he was jumping around afterwards his 5 set victory .. She was like dude.. you won a match that you were suppose to win. Did you see big Frenchie, he was like ok, work completed for the day and on to the next one.
He is beyond annoying,and dont understand how he is friends with Chris Eubanks.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The Frenchman Perricard is touted as a Top Ten talent, 51 Aces in a five set win over Seb Korda
Personally speaking I feel that predication at present is a tad premature
He came into the main draw as a LL, he didnt make it through qualies at Wimbledon this year
He won a title just before RG.I think as he matures he would can cause some noise.He doesn't have the touch of a Tsonga or speed of Monfils.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL. You guys are just tetchy because you were wrong about Frances.
I wasnt too happy with the way Frances said after he won, no were most of the media, when he said he was playing against 'clowns'? and should have won against them? after having a dismal losing record of late
I wonder if he thinks the defending champion Alcaraz is a clown, I dont think so , though he did say Bring It On, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.