2024 ATP General News

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Jannik I am warning you I will take your Italian passport off you if you lose to Zverev? Capice

I see the Pole retired the knee was playing up, seeing his doctors advised him he should not play till 2025? I am surprised he played Montreal or Cinncy
Some people are just hard headed. Look at Djoke. He practically killed himself to play in Wimby and OG and now he's got to take time off.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some people are just hard headed. Look at Djoke. He practically killed himself to play in Wimby and OG and now he's got to take time off.
Yeah, still just because Hubi came out of rebab, playing back to back tournaments is just Insane, it could end his tournament play for the rest of the year

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

WTF are you talking about? It's been no secret that Djokovic has drastically scaled back his schedule! He's pulling "a Nadal" & is just taking time off from the tour as he's almost 40! He has all the records so why waste his time in smaller events like Federer picking up somewhat meaningless titles just to overtake Connors' 109! He's proved he doesn't need the extra work as he made a Wimbledon final then won OG! :yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::anxious-face-with-sweat:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTF are you talking about? It's been no secret that Djokovic has drastically scaled back his schedule! He's pulling "a Nadal" & is just taking time off from the tour as he's almost 40! He has all the records so why waste his time in smaller events like Federer picking up somewhat meaningless titles just to overtake Connors' 109! He's proved he doesn't need the extra work as he made a Wimbledon final then won OG! :yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::anxious-face-with-sweat:
LOL! when did 37 become 40, Novak turned 37 in May this year BTW, cant help yourself mentioning Nadal can you lol! I
BTW Novak hasnt won a title this year, when did winning a gold medal count as a title on the APT tour :)

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's okay, just pacing himself. He was spotted in Dubrovnik, Croatia, a week ago, running shirtless in the streets on +35 degC in the middle of the summer. People were like who is this maniac running around...oh wait, it's Novak Djokovic.

He paid the price before when he overplayed in OG years during the summer, maybe he wants to do "less is more" this year. He might come rusty though, who knows.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He's okay, just pacing himself. He was spotted in Dubrovnik, Croatia, a week ago, running shirtless in the streets on +35 degC in the middle of the summer. People were like who is this maniac running around...oh wait, it's Novak Djokovic.

He paid the price before when he overplayed in OG years during the summer, maybe he wants to do "less is more" this year. He might come rusty though, who knows.
Don,

I saw that photo of Novak running shirtless through Dubronvik in such heat? honestly he is Insane,
In our Summer I always run early in the morning or later when it cools down
In regards to Hubi who had similar surgery to Novak, playing back to back tournaments to me is just Insane

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

I get that, but he did kill himself in recovery and rehab trying to get ready. A bit out of the ordinary for an ole man. No doubt he'll be rusty, but we've seen him shake it off before. I suspect he'll be fine unless he gets a draw from Lucifer.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I get that, but he did kill himself in recovery and rehab trying to get ready. A bit out of the ordinary for an ole man. No doubt he'll be rusty, but we've seen him shake it off before. I suspect he'll be fine unless he gets a draw from Lucifer.
Jannik usually gets the draw from Lucifer Pfft

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, it was a tiring period for him between RG and OG. We'll see soon enough if there is still fuel in him. He is usually lucky with the draws.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm happy for Big Foe, found his form before the USO. Plays a bit hot and cold, but he is trying. One of the guys you don't want to see early in the draw in USO.
I would like him to be more consistent Don, lets see how he goes here at Cinncy and the USO

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
As to Charlie and his early exit. This goes back to something that JCF hasn't yet addressed in his game. I hate sounding like a broken record, but this has been going on for 2 years. He has to return better, especially on the BP's. His BP conversion % is horrific even when he wins the match. When he doesn't break, it puts all kind of pressure on his already vulnerable service games.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm happy for Big Foe, found his form before the USO. Plays a bit hot and cold, but he is trying. One of the guys you don't want to see early in the draw in USO.
I like where Tiafoe is right now. He is playing well and has a stable team around him. The thing that worries me is that he could easily lose to a guy like Arnaldi in the first round. On the other side of the token, I can just as easily see Tiafoe beating Alcaraz, en route to winning the US Open.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like where Tiafoe is right now. He is playing well and has a stable team around him. The thing that worries me is that he could easily lose to a guy like Arnaldi in the first round. On the other side of the token, I can just as easily see Tiafoe beating Alcaraz, en route to winning the US Open.
Oh Please Frances is not going to win the USO and beating Alcaraz , LOL! where has Frances been all year, just having a few wins at Cinncy dosent mean he will win the USO or beat Alcaraz plus there are other players in contention for the title that are more "Consistent"

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually Rune really needs to win this match, I dont like that fact he has had another coaching change, he and Patrick M parted again, Rune is just too talented not to be able to reach his full potential

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Actually Rune really needs to win this match, I dont like that fact he has had another coaching change, he and Patrick M parted again, Rune is just too talented not to be able to reach his full potential
If he stays focused, he has a really good chance to make the final and who knows what will happen there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Charly came out on his twitter page and gave an apology for smashing his racquet in his match against Monfils the other day, he said emotions got the better of him and should never have happened

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
BTW Charly came out on his twitter page and gave an apology for smashing his racquet in his match against Monfils the other day, he said emotions got the better of him and should never have happened
Well that's just lovely. Now fix it so it doesn't happen again.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If he stays focused, he has a really good chance to make the final and who knows what will happen there.
His game translates to all surfaces that is apparent and he needs to stay focused, at times his focus and concentration lets him down

Reactions: kskate2