2024 ATP General News

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Dane takes the opener 6-4. This is by far a much greater effort than what he produced at Wimby.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I nearly fell off my chair, my Aussie tennis journalist buddy just texted me and said that Nick K will be at the USO playing with Osaka in the mixed doubles?
I know it is not April Fools Day, maybe there is a charity match going on at the USO before it starts I need to find out further information LOL!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune has more weapons than Draper he should be able to win this match in straight sets, as long as he remains focused

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Okay I nearly fell off my chair, my Aussie tennis journalist buddy just texted me and said that Nick K will be at the USO playing with Osaka in the mixed doubles?
I know it is not April Fools Day, maybe there is a charity match going on at the USO before it starts I need to find out further information LOL!
That means they both plan on going out early so they'll have the energy to play mxd. Naomi can barely string 3 matches together and Nicky hasn't played all year.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune needed that win 64 62 and he has made the SFs where he will play Frances, I dont think they have played before, it will probably be a night match, I will check the schedule later and will post the 4 SFs at Cincinnati

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
BTW Charly came out on his twitter page and gave an apology for smashing his racquet in his match against Monfils the other day, he said emotions got the better of him and should never have happened
That’s the way it is with most everyone when they smash a racquet. :lol6:

Today I think Rublev was 13/47 winners to ufe’s. I think Sinner was 31/44. I don’t know, but I think the conditions were worse than when Carlos was playing. Did Rublev smash racquets during the match?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s the way it is with most everyone when they smash a racquet. :lol6:

Today I think Rublev was 13/47 winners to ufe’s. I think Sinner was 31/44. I don’t know, but I think the conditions were worse than when Carlos was playing. Did Rublev smash racquets during the match?
Rob,

I would have smashed my racquet with the Blusterer Windy conditions that Rublev and Sinner had to play in today in their match, it was awful, no I didnt see Rublev smash a racquet, though I had to take a call from work and go to my study.
Charly did say it was the worst game of his career when he played against Monfils still that wasnt a good excuse, all players have had 'bad days at the office' it is just a fact, anyway he came and said he was sorry on his Twitter page.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP Masters 1000 Cincinnati,
Mens Singles SFs,
Sunday 18th August,
Center Court,
Not before 3pm,
J.Sinner (1) vs A.Zverev (3) H2H Zverev 4-1

Not before 6.00pm
H.Rune (15) vs F.Tiafoe First Meeting.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I trust Tiafoe more than Rune at this point. Whereas Tiafoe now has the stability with his team, Rune's team is chaotic with all the coaching changes.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
He DID ask for a replay, and offer to replay the point
Well, he said he would replay the point IF he could see it on video. If he would offer to simply replay the point, they would have done it.

On the other side, just became a full time fan of FAA. Absolute class act, he did everything right, explained his position clearly and politely. Head and shoulders above the rest of the tour in that regard.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Or to put it another way, Rune is a better player with more upside, but...also more of a head-case. It really could go either way.
Everyone keeps talking about this high upside Rune has, but I've never actually seen him contend for a slam. Tiafoe has (at the 2022 US Open), and we even saw a glimpse of it at Wimbledon (in his match against Alcaraz, which was Tiafoe's best performance).

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rain has suspended the womens 2nd SF in Cincinnati about 50 mins and I noticed that the mens doubles match has also been suspended
At this point in time havent heard when play will restart.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Concerns about Sinner's hip. He seems to be having pain in it. It may not be worth finishing the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Concerns about Sinner's hip. He seems to be having pain in it. It may not be worth finishing the match.
Just when I thought he was okay after yesterday,s match,this bloody happens, also he has enough BPs to get back in the 1st set, if the hip is a concern he should retire, USO is just around the corner