2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik finally 'Wakes Up" and found his return game when Rublev was serving for the 1st set 5-3
Jannik needs match play, I was disappointed that Thompson withdrew in their match,Jannik to me is a player that needs the rhythm of tournament play, his recent sickness has put his level backwards.
True to form Janniks serve goes missing when he needs it, Rublev broke and won the 1st set 64
Jannik will have to go the 'scenic route' if he wants to win this match
It is very windy the player who adjusts better in these conditions will win this match

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
We are going 3 sets, as Jannik won the 2nd set 75 against Rublev, , Jannik not playing his best tennis but he is fighting,, not a great match in these playing conditions, still the players are having to adjust to the windy conditions as best as they can.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In Blustering Windy conditions Sinner d Rublev 36 75 64 not playing his best tennis still he found a way to win, he needed this win ( also a bit of a revenge since he lost to Rublev in Montreal :)
Jannik will play the winner of the Zverev - Shelton in the SFs
Jannik is also the first Italian man to reach the SFs at Cinncy in the Open Era
Ben Fatto Jannik!

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I found this a bit strange Zverev won the toss and elected to receive? still in these windy conditions maybe a wise idea
I usually dont watch his matches, cause they bore me to tears, I want to see both players form seeing they are playing Jannik :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Two bratty servebots playing each other. What's entertaining about that? Red will take either one to the cleaners, especially the younger brat. His consistency will draw a truckload of errors from Ben
Your on Song t Keli lol!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
May I have a final say on the Draper v FAA match as I watched it live
FAA in my opinion should have called for the tournament umpire? after what happened he did not
FAA also has the right to lodge an appeal to the Review Committe
Knowing FAA he will just accept the decision of the Umpire., a sad way to end the match

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
FAA in my opinion should have called for the tournament umpire? after what happened he did not
Knowing FAA he will just accept the decision of the Umpire., a sad way to end the match
Felix is a class act and you're right he probably won't say anything else. I was just getting used to liking Jack even though he beat Babycakes at Stuttgart. But after this, I have zero respect now. The sad thing is, these guys will see each other all the time. Jack should have just manned up and said Felix's point. It would have been deuce and he could step back to the line hit 2 bombs and call GSM. Now, the entire tour knows him as what he showed last night.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Felix is a class act and you're right he probably won't say anything else. I was just getting used to liking Jack even though he beat Babycakes at Stuttgart. But after this, I have zero respect now. The sad thing is, these guys will see each other all the time. Jack should have just manned up and said Felix's point. It would have been deuce and he could step back to the line hit 2 bombs and call GSM. Now, the entire tour knows him as what he showed last night.
I take your point regarding Jack he show no sportsman like conduct at all, most players would turn to the Umpire and say I didnt make it? it should be FAA point ,this will be the talk of the mens locker room it will be interesting to see how Jack goes in his match against Rune, maybe Karma will have a say

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am going for a run watching the 2 serve bots is enough for me at present Boring!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched the video that Don Fabio put up. FAA did call the tournament director, but he was useless, too. Why could they not show a replay, or replay the point?
I don't know if Draper was lying about what he knew, though he swears he was looking at Felix. Still, though, he asked the chair immediately about a replay. He also offered to replay the point. He was saying live that he knew he was going to come off as a bad guy. It seems to me that he offered to review the point or replay it. The morons in this scenario, it seems to me, were the chair and the tournament director. The chair umpire even had the nerve to say to Felix, "We can review it together later, and if I'm wrong, I'll apologize." What good does that do? Instead of giving him the chance to actually win the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie
I went to get some coffed and didnt see that FAA called the Tournament Director, I will watch the replay of the video, as I just got home soaked need a shower lol!
Agree if they have a Review System Use It

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Didn't Ben's shirt have sleeves on it yesterday? Did he cut the sleeves off to bring out the guns to intimidate Zed?:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie
I went to get some coffed and didnt see that FAA called the Tournament Director, I will watch the replay of the video, as I just got home soaked need a shower lol!
Agree if they have a Review System Use It
Yeah, I figured you must have moved on to another match, or something. I couldn't really tell from the angle they showed of Draper's pick up and shot what exactly happened, but the video is worthwhile as a review of the ineptitude of the umpire and director. The stadium was chanting for a replay! Why so intractable about reviewing or simply replaying the point, if Draper was willing? Would have restored his honor.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, I figured you must have moved on to another match, or something. I couldn't really tell from the angle they showed of Draper's pick up and shot what exactly happened, but the video is worthwhile as a review of the ineptitude of the umpire and director. The stadium was chanting for a replay! Why so intractable about reviewing or simply replaying the point, if Draper was willing? Would have restored his honor.
One video i saw on Twiitter it was on an angle and even Gil Gross who I respect. said it was hard for the umpire to call, seeing he was up high? still when in doubt the umpire should have said Replay The Point?
As I said to Keli this will be the talk of the mens locker room? and not in a good way for Draper, still Draper should have said it was FAA point? and he didnt

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie