2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What an entertaining match it has been
Frances keeping his emotions in check is serving for a place in the QFs 5-3 over Jiri

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Jiri had other ideas and has just broken the serve of Frances, who was serving for the match, with good returning
Another twist to this 3 set match!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yikes! Lehecka breaks for the first time, and we're back on serve. Heck of a drop shot with English a couple of points before to get to 15-40.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yikes! Lehecka breaks for the first time, and we're back on serve. Heck of a drop shot with English a couple of points before to get to 15-40.
Just another twist to this 3 set match :) and we are back on serve!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Back on serve in the 3rd set 5 all
If there is another TB like the 2nd set I will take that Gin and Tonic ASAP!
I have been up since 3am my time and it is now 3.00pm in the afternoon I feel fresh as a Daisy and no Fronty I am not taking anything illicit :)

• Haha
Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It will be a TB for the 3rd set and for the match 6 games all
Stuff it I am having a Gin and Tonic now!
Frances was in control of the 3rd set at 5-2 and let it slip away? this could come back to haunt him

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Frances gets there in the end what a match from these 2 players twists along the way in this 3 set match
Taifoe d Lehecka 64 67(10) 76(5) and makes the QFs of Cinncy
Well done to Jiri good to see him back and playing at this level!

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP 1000 Cincinnati,
Mens QFs,
Saturday 17th August,

Center Court
Not before 1pm,
Sinner (1) vs Rublev (6) H2H Sinner 5-3, Sinner has a 90% win rate going into the Cincinnati QFs he is 45-5
Followed by,
Zverev (3) vs Shelton (12) First meeting
Rune (15) vs Draper First meeting

P&G Grandstand, not before 7pm,
Hurkacz (5) vs Tiafoe H2H 3 all

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It looks like we do need a VAR in tennis due to some umpires who can't see sh*t. Another incident yesterday with Greg Allensworth.

On Draper's MP against FAA, Draper made a hard volley, but ball hit the ground first before it went over the net. FAA saw it and went to deuce, but umpire calls game, set and match. Draper says he didn't really see what happened, but would like to see a replay. Supervisor comes in (and clueless as in most cases), Draper says again he would like to see a replay, crowd starts shouting "replay, replay", but umpire says that players can see a replay AFTER the match, the call stands and match is finished. What a joke!

• Wow
Reactions: Moxie and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It looks like we do need a VAR in tennis due to some umpires who can't see sh*t. Another incident yesterday with Greg Allensworth.

On Draper's MP against FAA, Draper made a hard volley, but ball hit the ground first before it went over the net. FAA saw it and went to deuce, but umpire calls game, set and match. Draper says he didn't really see what happened, but would like to see a replay. Supervisor comes in (and clueless as in most cases), Draper says again he would like to see a replay, crowd starts shouting "replay, replay", but umpire says that players can see a replay AFTER the match, the call stands and match is finished. What a joke!
Yes I saw that too just shoddy officiating.Felix is usually composed but he had to speak up against the umpire who looked like he was high on something. These umpires deserve a player like Kygrios who can check them.

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

If the players get UE's called on them how about we start calling UE's on the umpires? And I'd like to see some kind of fine or reprimand if they have too many UE's. That one last night takes the cake. Felix was the furthest away and he saw it. Why couldn't the blind umpire and Draper? The ball was right in front of the ump's face and he still he didn't see it? And Draper is staying on the fence on purpose. "Well I didn't see it I was busy looking at my opponent". Felix asked the guy, unless you are 100% sure w/o any doubt whatsoever, we should replay the point. Felix says what will you do when you watch the replay and know you were wrong? I'll apologize to you later. What kind of Tom Foolery is that? Jack can sit on the fence all he wants, he knew that was a double bounce and didn't call it on himself. Instead of asking for a replay that he knows doesn't exist yet, he should have just called it on himself. Don't like cheaters. Hopefully the Danish Angel will send him packing later.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

The umpire should have least said a replay
Though when I looked at it, from the video it was on an angle and seeing the umpire sits in a chair about 10ft high he didnt have a clear picture of the double bounce still it was unfair and if he wasnt 100% clear he should not have said it was okay, when in doubt?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If the players get UE's called on them how about we start calling UE's on the umpires? And I'd like to see some kind of fine or reprimand if they have too many UE's. That one last night takes the cake. Felix was the furthest away and he saw it. Why couldn't the blind umpire and Draper? The ball was right in front of the ump's face and he still he didn't see it? And Draper is staying on the fence on purpose. "Well I didn't see it I was busy looking at my opponent". Felix asked the guy, unless you are 100% sure w/o any doubt whatsoever, we should replay the point. Felix says what will you do when you watch the replay and know you were wrong? I'll apologize to you later. What kind of Tom Foolery is that? Jack can sit on the fence all he wants, he knew that was a double bounce and didn't call it on himself. Instead of asking for a replay that he knows doesn't exist yet, he should have just called it on himself. Don't like cheaters. Hopefully the Danish Angel will send him packing later.
Felix seems to an honest guy,and Draper probably just wanted to go off the court quickly.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's exactly what I think about the Draper. Player always knows if his shot was legit or not, but decided to act a fool and called for non-existing video replay rule. There is something to be said about the fair play and now we know where Draper stands. Too bad it happened to FAA, he is too nice for these low punches.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If umpire can't see that, then I don't know what's he doing up there and what to say about the Draper?

Well its too late now, I think the committee should review what happened ASAP, they cant now take the match away from Draper can they
Also if the umpire did do the correct thing and say a replay on the point who is to say Draper would not have won the match fair and square
It is a sad way to end a match btw