Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tomorrow Djokovic is scheduled to play Medvedev during the Giorgio Armani Tennis Classic at the Hurlingham Club

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

Looks like I will collect my winnings on the Djokovic v Meddy match, at the Hurlingham Club he won 63 64 over Meddy :)
Is he moving ok and were they playing full on or like an exhibition? I guess I should check highlights. Still find it insane both Djokovic and Murray are playing so soon after surgery.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Is he moving ok and were they playing full on or like an exhibition? I guess I should check highlights. Still find it insane both Djokovic and Murray are playing so soon after surgery.
Novak was moving okay I mean both players werent going full steam ahead, it was an exhibition to start with, Novak appears to be wanting as much practice as he can before Wimbledon starts.In regards to Murray he still might not play singles as he wants to wait as long as possible, he and his brother Jamie have received a wild card to doubles draw.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak was moving okay I mean both players werent going full steam ahead, it was an exhibition to start with, Novak appears to be wanting as much practice as he can before Wimbledon starts.In regards to Murray he still might not play singles as he wants to wait as long as possible, he and his brother Jamie have received a wild card to doubles draw.
Watched the highlights and hard to gauge anything from them really. Lots of aces and not enough rallying to see much movement. The court looked quite fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watched the highlights and hard to gauge anything from them really. Lots of aces and not enough rallying to see much movement. The court looked quite fast.
Well from what I saw , probably the main thing I guess, Novak didnt look too hampered in his movement, of course;, cant really tell because being a exhibition match, real test will be playing a match at Wimbledon.
BTW Novak and Holger Rune having a practice session at Wimbledon today ( Saturday)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Taylor Fritz captures his 3rd Eastbourne title,en route to the final he didnt drop a set, he defeated Aussie Max Purcell 64 63.Fritz dropped 4 points behind his 1st serve in the title match!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Taylor Fritz captures his 3rd Eastbourne title,en route to the final he didnt drop a set, he defeated Aussie Max Purcell 64 63.Fritz dropped 4 points behind his 1st serve in the title match!
Unless he intends to become Martina who would win 11 titles at Eastbourne on her way to a plethora of Wimby titles she won, he should think about playing a diff week. When is the last time a man won Eastbourne and then won Wimbo? I know the answer on the women's side, it was Pova 20 years ago.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Unless he intends to become Martina who would win 11 titles at Eastbourne on her way to a plethora of Wimby titles she won, he should think about playing a diff week. When is the last time a man won Eastbourne and then won Wimbo? I know the answer on the women's side, it was Pova 20 years ago.
I dont think there is a man that won Eastbourne and then won Wimbo, I am going for a run I will check after I come back

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think there is a man that won Eastbourne and then won Wimbo, I am going for a run I will check after I come back
Ksakte.

In 2009 Eastbourne tournament has been a combined womens and mens event until 2014.In 2015 and 2016 it was a ladies event only.
In 2017 the Eastbourne tournament returned to being a combined event
Fritz is the only player to win 3 times at this event, 2019, 2021 and 2024.
To date no male player has won Eastbourne and gone on to win Wimbledon in the same year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One positive change with the arrival of all the COVID - era protocols, it was that the ball kids would no longer have to handle the gross, sweaty, snot filled, unhygenic towels used by the players.
The ATP board decided during the meeting in London that the ball kids would be handling the towels again, at their events following the end of Wimbledon.
With a number of joint ATP and WTA events coming up , DC, Canada and Cinccinati to name 3, the WTA tour will basically have to go along with this whether they like it or not!

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
One positive change with the arrival of all the COVID - era protocols, it was that the ball kids would no longer have to handle the gross, sweaty, snot filled, unhygenic towels used by the players.
The ATP board decided during the meeting in London that the ball kids would be handling the towels again, at their events following the end of Wimbledon.
With a number of joint ATP and WTA events coming up , DC, Canada and Cinccinati to name 3, the WTA tour will basically have to go along with this whether they like it or not!
I agree - it's an awfull decision. And I honestly don't think it will save time for the players. And it's gross!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree - it's an awfull decision. And I honestly don't think it will save time for the players. And it's gross!
One of the reasons is the players want to have extra time with their serves and the ball kids handing them towels will allow this? agree I think it is a terrible decison

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from Bastad due to fatique, following the advice of his doctors and team who had advised him best to take some time to rest and recover