2024 ATP General News

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please stop with the lecture okay I also have a right an opinion on the Olympics like other posters have ,you just made one? I suppose that is okay? again posters at TF have a right to voice their opinion what they think about the Olympics? that is not you call by the way? I dont care how many pages it has been discussed before? at present it is relative to talk about the Olympics seeing they are in Paris this year?
Quite frankly I am over talking about if Novak plays Wimbledon or the Olympics
Try not to be so thin-skinned. It wasn't a lecture. It simply has nothing to do with your opinion, or AP's or anyone else's of the Olympics. It was about what Novak is likely to do, which is about what HIS opinion of the Olympics is, and how much he wants that gold medal.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Try not to be so thin-skinned. It wasn't a lecture. It simply has nothing to do with your opinion, or AP's or anyone else's of the Olympics. It was about what Novak is likely to do, which is about what HIS opinion of the Olympics is, and how much he wants that gold medal.
Please I am not thin skinned and I am not going to be censored by you okay. I also gave my opinion of what I think Novak will do I suggest you read it before giving me a lecture thanks! It is not always your opinion that counts this is a forum last time I checked and posters can give their opinions freely on any subject please bear that in mind,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
4MPs for Jannik and he defeats Hurckaz at the final in Halle 76(8) 76(2)
Sono Cosi Orgoglioso Di Te Jannik!
First title on grass
20th consecutive win in a ATP500
4th title in 2024
14th career title
Jannik Forza!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TB for the 2nd set in the match between Paul and Musetti in Queens
Tommy was serving for the match 5-4, broken, Tommy totally outplayed Musetti in the 1st set winning 61
MP No 3 for Paul and he wins and takes the title in Queens 61 76(8)
Tommy Paul is now the highest ranked American player with this win and title in Queens
3rd career title for Tommy
First title on grass, first ATP 500 win
Tommy will be world No 12 tomorrow when the new rankings come out

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP deletes tweet.
Murray's team say no decision has been made
37 yo Murray underwent back surgery on Saturday
The Guardian understands no decision has yet to be made on whether Murray will take part at Wimbledon and a final call on his participation will not be made until later this week
BTW The All England Club has left open a doubles wild card for Andy and his brother Jamie in the meantime.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Jannik Sinner is the 5th man in tennis history to win the title (Halle) in his first tournament as world no 1.

Novak Djokovic has arrived at Wimbledon ( with a beard, apparently beard's are the 'in thing' presently)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please I am not thin skinned and I am not going to be censored by you okay. I also gave my opinion of what I think Novak will do I suggest you read it before giving me a lecture thanks! It is not always your opinion that counts this is a forum last time I checked and posters can give their opinions freely on any subject please bear that in mind,
I didn't think my point was that obtuse. I'm sorry you missed it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great! I, however, am still interested in the topic, so feel free to ignore an further comments I make.
Good for you, I will also make comments in topics I am interested in at TF and if that happens to be if Novak is playing/ or not playing at Wimbledon I will do so

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good for you, I will also make comments in topics I am interested in at TF and if that happens to be if Novak is playing/ or not playing at Wimbledon I will do so.,
I think that's the way it works.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think that's the way it works.
Stop this is childish okay? I am not interested in this type of crap period, people might not not agree with one another, try to civil thanks and see another persons point of view at times

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Stop this is childish okay? I am not interested in this type of crap period, people might not not agree with one another, try to civil thanks and see another persons point of view at times
Well you just proved my point laughing at my post, childish,
Go and find another poster to talk or laugh at? thanks I have to take a phone call from work

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Djoke wouldn't post at Wimbo unless he was serious about playing. He will likely test his movement on the grass and see how the knee feels. If it's at a certain %, I can see him playing, which to me would be a mistake. He already continue to play after injuring his knee at RG. Again, he's cried wolf so much that when he's actually injured he doesn't know how to say no.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Alcaraz said you cannot always win. He did not seem too upset. He will stay in London and Ferrero arriving on Sunday. Carlos hopes to practice at Wimbledon most of next week.
May I suggest Carlos needed to play doubles at Queens like other players did, to get more practice on grass coming from the clay., some players adjust quicker than others when changing surfaces
Not really surprised Charlie lost to the New Brit on the Block. He historically struggles against big hitters anyway. Look at this way, he went out a round early so he wouldn't have to play his personal kryptonite who actually went on to win the title.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke wouldn't post at Wimbo unless he was serious about playing. He will likely test his movement on the grass and see how the knee feels. If it's at a certain %, I can see him playing, which to me would be a mistake. He already continue to play after injuring his knee at RG. Again, he's cried wolf so much that when he's actually injured he doesn't know how to say no.
If he feels he can play Wimbledon he may be constitutionally incapable of skipping a Major, though I agree with you that it would likely be a mistake. At his level, and age, you should only play if you think you can win it, right? IMO, he does care about winning a gold medal. He can focus on that. Then see how the knee hold up, and the rest of the year goes. He definitely has a year to salvage. It's hard to think he's going to do that at Wimbledon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not really surprised Charlie lost to the New Brit on the Block. He historically struggles against big hitters anyway. Look at this way, he went out a round early so he wouldn't have to play his personal kryptonite who actually went on to win the title.
I just arrived home after having to get to work ASAP as we have had a bad Covid out break here in Sydney,

I still think playing doubles is a good idea, also Carlos looked out of sorts, to me this happens when JCF isnt there at times, he seemed lost, this also happened at the AO, when JCF had his knee surgery
Though I have seen video's of his practice sessions at Wimbledon, he seems focused and I am certain as the defending Wimbledon champion he will find his level

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie