2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think El Dude thinks much of the Olympic gold medals. He doesn't grade them that high, and I'm not sure doubles features, at all.
El Dude and I am on the same page regarding Olympics, gold medals etc, they are a nice bonus on a players resume, that is all.
I dont get the 'hype' of tennis players playing at the Olympics full stop

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting fact:,
Of the 8 men still in contention for the most prestigious grass court titles before Wimbledon, none have been past the semis at Wimbledon itself,
Halle,
Hurkacz v Zverev
Sinner v Zheng
Queen's
Thompson v Musetti
Paul v Korder

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominic Thiem, Fabio Fognini and Pablo Carreno Busta with main draw wild cards into Mallorca grass tournament

Holger Rune will play in the Hurlingham Tennis Classic Wednesday and Thursday next week.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hurkacz (5) d Zverev (2) 76(2) 64 first player through to the final in Halle he awaits the winner of Sinner v Zhang, I was only SB as I am watching my other Italian Musetti in London in his SF match

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watching the Jekyll and Hyde semis at Queens Club. Musetti came out playing beautiful tennis in the first set. Best I’ve seen from him in some time. Jordan couldn’t find his game to save his life. Second set, Musetti of late returns and Jordan Thompson resumes playing as he has against Rune and Fritz. No idea what will happen in the third set. Hopefully both will bring their best.

edit: Let’s see if Jordan can finish off set two. Was working on a bagel, then a baguette, then he stopped play to contest a ball. :facepalm: 5-2.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching the Jekyll and Hyde semis at Queens Club. Musetti came out playing beautiful tennis in the first set. Best I’ve seen from him in some time. Jordan couldn’t find his game to save his life. Second set, Musetti of late returns and Jordan Thompson resumes playing as he has against Rune and Fritz. No idea what will happen in the third set. Hopefully both will bring their best.
I am going to watch my other Italian who is not a Head Case, Musetti was playing great tennis and then? typical I was getting my hopes up for nothing, he seems to be allergic to grass, the more the match goes on

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am going to watch my other Italian who is not a Head Case, Musetti was playing great tennis and then? typical I was getting my hopes up for nothing, he seems to be allergic to grass, the more the match goes on
Don’t give up on him. He was down 0-5 in the 2nd set and is back to 3-5

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don’t give up on him. He was down 0-5 in the 2nd set and is back to 3-5
Its hard not to, I have seen this script with Musetti soo many times, he has the weapons to beat Thompson, he needs to go back to what he was doing in the 1 st set.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner has one foot in the Halle Final as he takes the 1st set 64 over Zhang ( please Jannik lets not do the scenic route again Grazie)
Earlier Hurkacz defeated Zverev 76(2) 64 to reach the final he has not lost a set enroute to the final

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude and I am on the same page regarding Olympics, gold medals etc, they are a nice bonus on a players resume, that is all.
I dont get the 'hype' of tennis players playing at the Olympics full stop
We've done many pages on the relative importance of Olympic medals and people's opinions on that. But, for the context of this conversation, i.e., Novak's potential participation in Paris this summer, i don't see that it matters what any of us thinks about the Olympics. The point is that it clearly matters to him. I'm not saying that he should prioritize Paris over Wimbledon, I'm saying that I think he will.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Come on Lorenzo serve this match out 5-3 Grazie!
Sono Cosi Orgoglioso Musetti! into the final at Queens 63 36 63 over Thompson
See your not allergic to grass after all lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner and Zhang 6 all 2nd set into a TB for the 2nd set, Jannik won the 1st set 64
Impressed with Zhang, with all the weapons he has, his results ( ranking) should be better
Really good ball striking between these 2 players

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner reaches his first grass court final defeating Zhang 64 76(3) he will play his doubles partner Hurkacz , in Halle in the final
Well done Jannik Forza!
I am soo happy I have 2 Italians in finals this week!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
We've done many pages on the relative importance of Olympic medals and people's opinions on that. But, for the context of this conversation, i.e., Novak's potential participation in Paris this summer, i don't see that it matters what any of us thinks about the Olympics. The point is that it clearly matters to him. I'm not saying that he should prioritize Paris over Wimbledon, I'm saying that I think he will.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Please stop with the lecture okay I also have a right an opinion on the Olympics like other posters have ,you just made one? I suppose that is okay? again posters at TF have a right to voice their opinion what they think about the Olympics? that is not you call by the way? I dont care how many pages it has been discussed before? at present it is relative to talk about the Olympics seeing they are in Paris this year?
Quite frankly I am over talking about if Novak plays Wimbledon or the Olympics

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the 2nd SF at Queens
T.Paul (5) d S.Korda 64 76(2) he will play Musetti in the final ( I did not watch the match because I had to have a Nanna Nap)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Low Profile since his ( probable but not official retirement) Juan Martin Del Potro maybe spending more time in south Florida going forward.
According to the Palm Beach Post, the former GS champion, still only 35, is opening an eponymous tennis academy in Boynton Beach, Fla in September

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in from the BBC (,source BBC.co.uk/sport/tennis.)

Novak Djokovic has decided to travel to Wimbledon and is due to arrive on Monday but the 7 time champion does not no yet if he will able to compete after undergoing knee surgery.
Djokovic has posted 2 upbeat videos on Instagram
First one showed him using an exercise bike and leg weights
2nd one showed him,posted on Thursday, running, doing lunges and hitting a tentative serve
BTW Novak has confirmed he will only play singles at the Olympics, wont be playing doubles for Serbia

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Queens Final,
Sunday 23rd June,

T.Paul (5) vs L. Musetti H2H first meeting

Halle Final,
Sunday 23rd June,

J.Sinner (1) vs H.Hurkacz (5) H2H 2 all first meeting on grass