2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was the 'Worst TB' I have seen Jannik play? WTH
Struff wins the 2nd set 76(1)
Again Jannik will have to take the 'scenic route', his level dropped considerably! good stuff from Struff in the TB

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Jannik I am warning you dont you dare play this 3rd set TB like the one in the 2nd set
Jannik Forza!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Good win for Tommy Paul into the SFs at Queens 63 57 64 over Jack Draper
Winning the title would make him avoid the Top 4 seeds at Wimbledon before the QFs
What's the latest on Novak's recovery? I saw his IG post where he was moving fantastically .. I never thought his knee injury was season ending and he could come back in a few weeks. Those cooler British temps is gonna slow him down a step or two. IMO

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What's the latest on Novak's recovery? I saw his IG post where he was moving fantastically .. I never thought his knee injury was season ending and he could come back in a few weeks. Those cooler British temps is gonna slow him down a step or two. IMO
I have seen him doing some running drills on grass? though there still is no word if he will play Wimbledon
Though he will play for the Olympics which has been confirmed

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner d Struff 62 67(1) 76(3)
Struff made Sinner earn his win, played a great 2nd set TB and pushed him all the way in this match from the 2nd set

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP Wimbledon Top 8 seeds confirmed,

1. Sinner'
2. Djokovic
3. Alcaraz
4. Zverev
5. Medvedev
6. Rublev
8. Ruud
NOTE: If Djokovic dosent play, all move up one and de Minaur will be 8th

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray will have a 'procedure' on his injured back on Saturday - trying everything to be ready for Wimbledon

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

The last thing I heard, Novak made the Olympic Team! That doesn't mean much, but I'm sure it's his goal & last chance to match Nadal's OGM! :face-with-head-bandage:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Going 3 sets in the match between Korda v Hijikata, Rinky hails from Sydney where I live and practices when home at the same tennis club I play at, he really has had some good results in the tournament making the QFs
Korda d Hijikata 67 (4) 63 64

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,

I just read this update regarding Novak and his knee,
Reportedly. Novak will decide by Monday whether he will play or wont' play Wimbledon.He's currently in Montenegro where he's testing his current form and state of his knee.If all goes well he'll go to London, if not - he wont risk it.
It already has been confirmed that Novak will play at the Olympic game in Paris

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,

I just read this update regarding Novak and his knee,
Reportedly. Novak will decide by Monday whether he will play or wont' play Wimbledon.He's currently in Montenegro where he's testing his current form and state of his knee.If all goes well he'll go to London, if not - he wont risk it.
It already has been confirmed that Novak will play at the Olympic game in Paris
thanks as I saw in the video with his strength and conditioning coach, he appears to be able to complete the exercising drills with ease. All of Us including non athletes know very well, the weeks after surgery, the knee gets stiffer as inflammation and arthritis like symptoms usually prevail. I seriously doubt if he plays Wimbledon or the Paris Games

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
thanks as I saw in the video with his strength and conditioning coach, he appears to be able to complete the exercising drills with ease. All of Us including non athletes know very well, the weeks after surgery, the knee gets stiffer as inflammation and arthritis like symptoms usually prevail. I seriously doubt if he plays Wimbledon or the Paris Games
These days with a complete knee surgery eg knee replacement surgery, we get the patient up the day after the surgery is performed, before we waited for a few days before getting a patient out of bed, reason being it is better for overall circulation and also the patient responds better than waiting for a few days, then most patients go to a rehab facility for their new knee
Novak's surgery for a small meniscus tear in his knee, only needed key hole surgery , arthroscopic surgery, which only requires day surgery, patients go home on crutches.
We will have to wait to see further news from Novak, his main priority was to play at the Olympic games

Last edited: