2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner had to go to the 'scenic route' against Greikspoor and won 67(8) 63 62 Jannik had a H2H 4-0 going into this match against Tallon

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh no Carlos Alcaraz has that 'unfortunate hair cut again" I wish he would find another barber/hairdresser
Regardless of his hair cut, the defending champion, won in straight sets 61 75 though did have a dip in the 2nd set against Cerundolo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Front242

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rob,

I watched Ben the other day on grass, you would think his game suits grass to a 'tee' he was terrible,his shot selection was just poor
How many times have we both said he needs a proper coach? his father is not up to the task
BTW Perricord defeated Ben, I am not surprised in the least, 63 76(3) he was a qualifier by the way
Ben just mentally checks out when he is behind in a match.
Was running errands with the dogs. Poor Ben is clueless on turf. I liked what I saw of Perricord.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Draper playing an Argentine named Navonne. Seems to have made his climb through the ranks with good showing during the South American clay court swing. We will see if Jack can keep his focus here. Humbert, Arnaldi, Draper are my outside-the-top-twenty guys I like a lot. Arnaldi sent Humbert home and Draper plays Carlos next if he wins here.. :facepalm:

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Draper playing an Argentine named Navonne. Seems to have made his climb through the ranks with good showing during the South American clay court swing. We will see if Jack can keep his focus here. Humbert, Arnaldi, Draper are my outside-the-top-twenty guys I like a lot. Arnaldi sent Humbert home and Draper plays Carlos next if he wins here.. :facepalm:
Jack won his first ATP title defeating Berrettini, in Stuttgart,Jack's game suits the grass, he has a big lefty serve, the only thing that worries me with Jack, for someone young, he gets injured a lot.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jack won his first ATP title defeating Berrettini, in Stuttgart,Jack's game suits the grass, he has a big lefty serve, the only thing that worries me with Jack, for someone young, he gets injured a lot.
Enjoyed every minute of that win. One Matteo I really like, but the one Draper beat is not him. I think the addition of Wayne F will have good benefits for team Draper.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Enjoyed every minute of that win. One Matteo I really like, but the one Draper beat is not him. I think the addition of Wayne F will have good benefits for team Draper.
How can you not like Berrettini?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Musetti continues to under impress (disappoint). Alex de Minaur is a work horse, tirelessly improving on his craft. Have not been a fan of the young man, but he’s a fighter and doesn’t back down to anyone. He’s growing on me.
I'm glad to see you're gaining a new appreciation for de Minaur. I know you don't care for his style of play, but he has a great work ethic, and, as you say, he's a fighter and doesn't back down. I can much more get behind this attitude than some of the lack of spirit I see from some others. Anyway, thanks for appreciating that.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ben Shelton down a set against a young man I’ve only seen once before… Mpetshi Perricard?
I've been following Giovanni Mpetshi Perricard for a funny reason: before RG, there was talk of folks like Thiem not getting a WC into the French, and Margaret posted the WC's. One was Mpetshi Perricard, and I picked his name out for being unusual to say, "I've never even heard of this guy!" He lost to Goffin in 5, but he played well, and seems to want to spite me, ever since. LOL! I like the guy. He's 20, he's very tall, and has game. The French keep bringing up potentials. Let's see how he does. I laugh because I dissed him for no reason, and now it seems he might make something of himself.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun fact: Perricard is the second youngest title holder on tour, after Arthur Fils.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fun fact: Perricard is the second youngest title holder on tour, after Arthur Fils.
I know this is where we ask ourselves the age-old question about French players and the ability to come good.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dan Evans will not play doubles with Andy Murray at Queens after retiring injured in the singles today

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Holger needs a recent champion to listen too
Maybe Robin Soderling if he had any interest in coaching since he's Swedish and another Mighty Wiking (Viking / deliberate typo!) and therefore should get on well with him. Teach him how to power opponents off the court. :lightning::rip:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Shamone Navonne!

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've been following Giovanni Mpetshi Perricard for a funny reason: before RG, there was talk of folks like Thiem not getting a WC into the French, and Margaret posted the WC's. One was Mpetshi Perricard, and I picked his name out for being unusual to say, "I've never even heard of this guy!" He lost to Goffin in 5, but he played well, and seems to want to spite me, ever since. LOL! I like the guy. He's 20, he's very tall, and has game. The French keep bringing up potentials. Let's see how he does. I laugh because I dissed him for no reason, and now it seems he might make something of himself.
He’s has strength, style and ability. He made young Ben look out of his depth in their match. One to watch.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Initial Wimbledon Wild Cards,
Mens Singles,
1. Liam Broady (GBR)
2. Jan Choinski (GBR)
3. Jacob Fearnely (GBR)
4. Arthur Perry (GBR)
5. Billy Harris (GBR)
6. Paul Jubb (GBR)
7. Henry Searle (GBR)