2024 ATP General News

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa? Fed? Novak? I think Fed could be a huge asset for Rune, but I doubt he has any interest in coaching.
Im talking about maybe JowillieTs of course not Roger or any of the big 3.. ONLY Lendl and Becker(GS winners with more than 7 GS ) whom have proven to be effective to reach players like Novak and Murray

Reactions: Fiero425

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I woke up to see Darderi won the first set from Struff in Halle! Yowza. Nice levels from both guys here in the 2nd set.

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Entertaining match between Korda and Dimitrov. Early in the third Korda got a break in serve. Grigor upped his game and got the break back with some beautiful shotmaking. Nice day to be a spectator at Queen’s Club.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Entertaining match between Korda and Dimitrov. Early in the third Korda got a break in serve. Grigor upped his game and got the break back with some beautiful shotmaking. Nice day to be a spectator at Queen’s Club.
And Sebby pulls it off! Nice.

Reactions: nehmeth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice win by Chris Eubanks, too, over Bublik.

Reactions: nehmeth

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe Robin Soderling if he had any interest in coaching since he's Swedish and another Mighty Wiking (Viking / deliberate typo!) and therefore should get on well with him. Teach him how to power opponents off the court. :lightning::rip:
I'm thinking more of a Frenchie like JowillieTs who had a very flashy game and probably would still be able to give Holger some great practice sessions. It's not necessary but I remember years ago when I coached 8th grade boys basketball , afterwards listening to me for 3 weeks..I dusted off the old basketball sneakers and had my daughter and a high school basketball teammate scrimmage against my team. Totally changed their mindset because they had a chance to see the strategies and mindset I was trying to get them to buy into..No it's not necessary to be a good coach but it may help. I hope that makes sense. Holger could use a technician like Uncle Toni Nadal who could stress the importance of not taking points off.. playing every point like it's match point..that's why Federer, Nadal and Novak's games has dominated for so long. IMO

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seb does have a good game on the grass, hopefully he can go further with this win, in the tournament

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Earlier in Queens tournament,
Andy Murray retired from his match with Jordan Thompson, Thompson leading 4-1, Murray had trainer out, could not go on with a back aliment.
Thompson into the QFs to play either Fritz or Raonic
Edit:,
Thompson will face Fritz in the QFs as he defeated Raonic 76(5) 64

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeds left in Halle,
1.Sinner
2.Zverev
5. Hurkacz
6. Tsitsipas

Seeds left in London,
1.Alcaraz
4. Frtiz
5. Paul

It's only Wednesday!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray will have a scan tomorrow to determine how he proceeds from here ahead of Wimbledon. He has had issues recently on the left side of his back this was the first time he has had issues on the other side which extended down the his right leg.

• Sad
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update on Frances Tiafoe, who hopes to play Wimbledon,
Frances has a 1 MCL sprain, will spend the next few weeks rehabbing to be ready for Wimbledon

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Maroszan playing well against Sinner. Bit of a nervy first set, but both guys are settled in and on serve.