2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Jack Draper in his post match interview said he has added Wayne Ferreira to his team as a consultant.It may have helped him play Tiafoe, many commies still say it was a mistake for Frances to part with him

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watching FAA losing to Koepfer. He gave away the break in the first set and did the same in the second. The turf is beautiful.

FAA retires. That explains his performance today. Hope it’s nothing serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe took an awful fall v. Hijikata and had to retire. Right hip. Hopefully not as bad as it looked, but he was in terrible pain, at the time.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tiafoe took an awful fall v. Hijikata and had to retire. Right hip. Hopefully not as bad as it looked, but he was in terrible pain, at the time.
FAA retired in the 2nd set of his match today.

I just saw the replay. Tiafoe lost his footing on the grass and did a split. The right leg took the brunt of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Thompson is always entertaining on the turf. He gave Holger fits and ended up beating him in three sets.
Rune has a game that translates to all surfaces, I will give him a pass this time, seeing it was his first match on grass, coming from the clay, he has all the potential in the world, hopefully he will reach that potential

Reactions: nehmeth and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP is testing a new rule this week in Halle and Queens with the shot clock starting when the previous point finishes and not after the umpires calls the score.Quicker between points and reduces 'subjectivity' as there are umpires more strict than others.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ATP is testing a new rule this week in Halle and Queens with the shot clock starting when the previous point finishes and not after the umpires calls the score.Quicker between points and reduces 'subjectivity' as there are umpires more strict than others.
On turf? That works. On clay? After 30+ shots in the point? Nah.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Milos Raonic served 47 aces against Cam Norrie - surpassing Ivo Karlovic's (45) for most of aces in a best of 3 match!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Milos Raonic served 47 aces against Cam Norrie - surpassing Ivo Karlovic's (45) for most of aces in a best of 3 match!
Ugh, I can't believe Norrie lost that match. I see he lost early in Nottingham, too. BTW, I think it is underreported around here that Cam Norrie is a good-looking dude. Just sayin'.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ugh, I can't believe Norrie lost that match. I see he lost early in Nottingham, too. BTW, I think it is underreported around here that Cam Norrie is a good-looking dude. Just sayin'.
Hey Cam Norrie does nothing for me, just sayin, you are welcome to your thoughts on Cam :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Was also sorry to see Rune go out early. He looked great in the first set.
There are rumors circulating that Rune should get rid of Patrick M, when they have hooked up this time his form hasn't improved at all?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are rumors circulating that Rune should get rid of Patrick M, when they have hooked up this time his form hasn't improved at all?
Whoever figures out the best coach for Rune will be a genius, but he could use a "father figure" like Cahill is for Sinner, and JCF is for Alcaraz. Maybe Lendl could be the kind of Buddha he was for Murray? What about Magnus Norman? He really helped Stan. Is Peter Lundgren retired? He did wonders for head-case Marat Safin.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Whoever figures out the best coach for Rune will be a genius, but he could use a "father figure" like Cahill is for Sinner, and JCF is for Alcaraz. Maybe Lendl could be the kind of Buddha he was for Murray? What about Magnus Norman? He really helped Stan. Is Peter Lundgren retired? He did wonders for head-case Marat Safin.
Look it is early days yet, Patrick M and Rune did have good results earlier, quite frankly you cant expect instant results, lets see how he goes in the rest of the grass season and more importantly Wimbledon