2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great opportunity for Berrettini, who seems to be improving by rounds, getting his legs back on grass, and his game back. A decent draw at Wimbledon could do wonders for his ranking. Can he get a wc?
I would be very surprised if Berrettini gets a WC into Wimbledon, Wimbledon dont give out reciprical wild cards like other GS do, eg AO, they seem to give out wild cards to their own British players, apparently the first lot of wild cards will be coming out next Wednesday, though I did hear on the grapevine that Dominic Theim might receive one? though that remains to be seen.
Dont dismiss Jack Draper he served 31 aces in his QF against Tiafoe, defending champion, and the grass seems to suit his game, another player though that picks up injuries, for a young player

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to Matteo Berrettini defeating Mussetti 64 60 to make the final in Stuttgart, Matteo has had a solid week, he will play Jack Draper who defeated Nakashimi 63 63, Jack will be playing for his first ATP title, in the final.

Final at s-Hertogenbosch

(1) De Minaur vs Korder (7)

Note: De Minaur guaranteed a new career high of 8 due to reaching the final, he'll get to No 7 with the title

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well done to Matteo Berrettini defeating Mussetti 64 60 to make the final in Stuttgart, Matteo has had a solid week, he will play Jack Draper who defeated Nakashimi 63 63, Jack will be playing for his first ATP title, in the final.

Final at s-Hertogenbosch

(1) De Minaur vs Korder (7)

Note: De Minaur guaranteed a new career high of 8 due to reaching the final, he'll get to No 7 with the title
Berrettini is playing better by the round, and I think he's also taken a wildcard into Halle. I haven't seen much of Draper, but a friend said he hit 31 aces today v. Duckworth. I'll be rooting for the Italian. Either way, I think Matteo will be a very dangerous floater come Wimbledon.

I'll root for Korda in the other...he's back to good form again.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Seb is turning into the male version of Samsonova who gets to any final and has an identity crisis. D Minor basically took him apart today. Then tried to gift the 2nd set when serving for the match and Seb said no thanks. :slap:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Did I just hear that correctly? They customized the winner's bike for Matteo assuming that he would win! Now they have to customize another one for Jack's colors? Only Boss could do something so stupid...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did I just hear that correctly? They customized the winner's bike for Matteo assuming that he would win! Now they have to customize another one for Jack's colors? Only Boss could do something so stupid...
Really? Only Boss? I can think of a few, but have you already forgotten the infamous Adidas poop pants from AO 2022? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex de Minaur winning the title at s'Hertogenbosch he moves to a career high ranking of No 7 tomorrow ( Monday when the new rankings come out)

Well done to Jack Draper, I did mention not to dismiss Jack, as he played some solid grass court tennis all week, and now he has won his first ATP title, with this win Jack moves to a career high of 31. Jack becomes the new British No 1 male player
BTW Draper could also play Alcaraz in R2 at Queens next week,
Matteo please find a shaver and shave off that beard, also I am not a fan of hair on necks? Grazie Matteo!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Team GB confirm Olympic nominations,
Mens Singles,
A. Murray ( ITF WC)
J.Draper
D.Evans
C.Norrie
Mens Doubles,
Mrray/Evans
Salisbury/Skupski

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
@kskate2 Keli
Is it fair to say that senoire' Matteo is scrub! Jajaja

Reactions: nehmeth

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It was a tight affair, and just after failing to break, he got broken. And being grass, that's all that was needed. Ah, well...good showing this week by both.
It was very tight, but he let the kid hang around and grow in confidence. Had BP's in the 2nd set, didn't capitalize, had the lead in the TB, same thing. Anyway, I'll give him a small pass as this was his first week back in awhile.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alex de Minaur winning the title at s'Hertogenbosch he moves to a career high ranking of No 7 tomorrow ( Monday when the new rankings come out)

Well done to Jack Draper, I did mention not to dismiss Jack, as he played some solid grass court tennis all week, and now he has won his first ATP title, with this win Jack moves to a career high of 31. Jack becomes the new British No 1 male player
BTW Draper could also play Alcaraz in R2 at Queens next week,
Matteo please find a shaver and shave off that beard, also I am not a fan of hair on necks? Grazie Matteo!
i wasn't dismissing Jack, just hadn't watched much of his play. I was focused on Baby Cakes. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't remember the Adidas thing. Refresh please?
Unknown.jpeg