2024 ATP General News

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Struff v Cobolli at the Stuttgart Boss Open might be a good one today. Haven't looked at the draw and Cobolli is decent on clay but gotta side with the home player and Struff should be fired up. 2nd title perhaps on the way? Mad to think he's only won just one title.
Speaking of Boss, Berrettini beat Safuillin today in 3 tough sets. He gritted it out, and broke at the last second. He definitely looks rusty, but he got a good, brave win against a good opponent. Hopefully, rounds into form for Wimbledon. Just a note for @kskate2, I watched the on-court interview after...holy toledo, I think I'd forgotten how good looking he is! Or else he's gotten even more handsome, if that is possible.

Reactions: kskate2

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Open your eyes, he is clearly aiming at the umpire's foot and the umpire had to move it out of the way. :facepalm:
There's a sale in Specsavers....no player is dumb enough to physically hit an umpire but I see some posters are dumb enough to suggest it. :facepalm:

I guess I missed where Djokovic smashing racquets was squashing ants too ffs.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Speaking of Boss, Berrettini beat Safuillin today in 3 tough sets. He gritted it out, and broke at the last second. He definitely looks rusty, but he got a good, brave win against a good opponent. Hopefully, rounds into form for Wimbledon. Just a note for @kskate2, I watched the on-court interview after...holy toledo, I think I'd forgotten how good looking he is! Or else he's gotten even more handsome, if that is possible.
I'm pretty sure he's always been a hottie. Let's chalk it up to you haven't seen him lately as he's been MIA.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm pretty sure he's always been a hottie. Let's chalk it up to you haven't seen him lately as he's been MIA.
I think it was that. He's even better in reality than in theory. :D

• Love
Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Baron Van Rijthoven is back. He's down a set to Bergs in Stuttgart.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There's a sale in Specsavers....no player is dumb enough to physically hit an umpire but I see some posters are dumb enough to suggest it. :facepalm:

I guess I missed where Djokovic smashing racquets was squashing ants too ffs.

Look, Zverev clearly proved that when he gets angry he can't control himself. He didn't smash the racket on the ground or the net pole or wherever, he hit it 3 times millimeters away from the umpire foot to the point that the umpire had to move out of the way. He clearly wanted to intimidate the umpire with violence. If Zverev can do that like you say in front of thousands of fans and millions watching on TV, then IMAGINE what he would have done behind closed doors with nobody else watching. But stay in denial as you wish!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Confirmed that Nadal and Alcaraz will play doubles together at the Olympics.
Interesting ,. I read earlier that Alcaraz said that he didnt think they had enough time to prepare for the Olympics to play doubles together because of his grass court schedule

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting ,. I read earlier that Alcaraz said that he didnt think they had enough time to prepare for the Olympics to play doubles together because of his grass court schedule
I put that news on the Rafa Nadal Post earlier, I dont know where you read that info? Alcaraz has always said he wanted Rafa to play doubles with him at the Olympics

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis Canada confirmed the dates for 2025 tournaments in Toronto and Montreal
( 96 singles players in the main draw competing over 12 days)
Main draw will start Sunday July 27
QF Monday-Tuesday Aug 4-5
SF Wednesday Aug 6
F Thursday Aug 7

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The 2 time Gold Medalist Rafa Nadal has now been confirmed for the Spanish team at the 2024 Olympics by using his PR, alongside Alcaraz, Carreno Busta,Alejandro Davidovich and Marcel Granollers.
Nadal will play singles, as well as doubles with Alcaraz ( source Olly@Ollytennis)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Top 20 players already officially announced for clay court tournaments leading up to the Olympics

Hamburg - Zverev, Rune
Bastad - Sinner, Rublev, Ruud
Gstaad - Hurkacz, De Minaur, Tsitsipas, Paul FAA, Baez
Kitzbuhel - Ruud, Jarry
Umag - Rublev

Entry lists not finalised as yet.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are a lot of questions in here, from both sides, which is fair. They haven't had any time to work on doubles together. And the unspoken with Alcaraz is if he defends his title at Wimbledon, or goes very deep, at the least, which is likely. All indications are that Nadal will skip the grass and focus on the clay for the Olympics. Sad, but wise.

Margaret posed the question on the Rafa fans thread: why not Rafa/Granollers for the doubles? Granollers is a top doubles player. I guess the question is: are they going for the stardust? Or are they going for winning for Spain? Let's see what happens at Wimbledon. Should Alcaraz go out early, he'll have more time to prepare with Rafa to develop the chemistry and strategy.