2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News!

Stefanos Tsitsipas and Paula Badosa are back together! after a short break, now we can all get on with the rest of our lives! :)

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nightmare weather in Geneva not letting the 2nd SF happen
Ruud v Cobolli now not before 8pm, Machac already in the final
Final tomorrow at 3pm

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lyon SFs,

French wild card Mpetshi Perricard d Bublik (2) 64 75
Tomas Martin Etcheverry (6) d Luciano Darderi 62 64

Final in Lyon, Satruday 25th May,

French wild card Mpetshi Perricard has reached his first ATP Tour final he will play Tomas Martin Etcheverry in Saturday's final

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad news for Djokovic and his fangirls as the fake GOAT Pushovic (thanks to Nadal's hundreds of injuries throughout his career) is struggling to win Atp 250s and should try and join the WTA in order to finally be able to win a title although I feel that Swiatek and Sabalenka would beat him right now. :thinking-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth: Thank you for reading. :bye:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Weather update in Geneva
No play now before 9pm and still raining?
SF between Ruud v Cobolli

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News!

Stefanos Tsitsipas and Paula Badosa are back together! after a short break, now we can all get on with the rest of our lives! :)
giphy.gif

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The 2nd SF in Geneva cancelled due to rain Ruud v Cobolli
The match will be played tomorrow at 10.30am
The winner of the match will play in the final at 3pm against Machac

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The 2nd SF in Geneva cancelled due to rain Ruud v Cobolli
The match will be played tomorrow at 10.30am
The winner of the match will play in the final at 3pm against Machac
Potential double-header for Ruud, and he must fancy his chances at RG, to some extent? Look for him to catch whatever was ailing Novak today. :cool:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Potential double-header for Ruud, and he must fancy his chances at RG, to some extent? Look for him to catch whatever was ailing Novak today. :cool:
I dont mean to be a Debbie Downer, Rudd is a nice young man and a hard worker, though he hasnt the weapons to win a major or the champions mentality either.in my humble opinion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to post this, I just laughed out loud when I read this on social ,media a few minutes ago,

Update on the ATP Top Ten ahead of the French Open,

1. Djokovic Existential Crisis
2. Sinner Discovered Women
3. Alcaraz Scared of forehands
4. Zverev Still sick in the head
5. Medvedev Severe Clay Allergy
6. Rublev Fighting Demons
7. Hurkacz Tall and Useless
9. Tsitsipas Redicsovered Woman
10. Dimitrov Hair Transplant Victim

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I dont mean to be a Debbie Downer, Rudd is a nice young man and a hard worker, though he hasnt the weapons to win a major or the champions mentality either.in my humble opinion
No, you're being a realist, and I don't disagree. But, if you're Ruud, and you care about your career, you know that you've made the last 2 finals at RG, and that this year is more wide-open than ever. Why NOT you, this year? Unless you needlessly play the week before the French Open, like an idiot.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
If Ruud is going to win RG, this is probably his best shot. While he might not have the weapons to beat a GOAT or healthy Alcaraz/Sinner, I think he has a chance against everyone else.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No, you're being a realist, and I don't disagree. But, if you're Ruud, and you care about your career, you know that you've made the last 2 finals at RG, and that this year is more wide-open than ever. Why NOT you, this year? Unless you needlessly play the week before the French Open, like an idiot.
I have to agree with Keli why would you play any tournament a week before a major unless you want more match play eg Novak. and have done well in the lead up tournaments in the clay season? also there is a chance you could pick up an injury?
Madness!

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Ruud is going to win RG, this is probably his best shot. While he might not have the weapons to beat a GOAT or healthy Alcaraz/Sinner, I think he has a chance against everyone else.
Agreed. A reminder, he also made the final of the USOpen 2022, with some opportunity. What could he have been the thinking to play Geneva?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Even if it wasn't wide open this year Mox. You have finalist points to defend. Wouldn't you want to give yourself the best opportunity to prepare and get ready for another finals run? Instead, he'll have to doub up tomorrow in a fruitless 250 because he's thick in the skull.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This week all the top players have been in RG practicing on the show courts. That's where a top ten 2 time finalist should've been.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Even if it wasn't wide open this year Mox. You have finalist points to defend. Wouldn't you want to give yourself the best opportunity to prepare and get ready for another finals run? Instead, he'll have to doub up tomorrow in a fruitless 250 because he's thick in the skull.
You are completely right. I have no explanation for how wrong-headed this choice was for Ruud. But I think we both believe he'll pay for it.