2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They are abut to open the roof on the main court, so fingers cross the rain will stay away
Covers are now coming off the outside courts
Players are now on the outside courts, and the sun is out lol!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wish Andrew Castle would have retired with Sue Barker last year, he is just painful to listen to, mute time!
John Barrett was the voice of Wimbledon miss him soo much.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I wish Andrew Castle would have retired with Sue Barker last year, he is just painful to listen to, mute time!
John Barrett was the voice of Wimbledon miss him soo much.
Dan Maskill and John Barrett were the greatest commentary team tennis ever heard. They had knowledge and they knew when it was appropriate to speak. I never understand why commentators are still talking through a point, as if the reason we’re watching wasn’t actually taking place in real time. Sometimes Maskill and Barrett wouldn’t even feel it necessary to talk between points, but when they spoke, they spoke with authority.

I’m sure I’ve repeated this story many times but when Maskill was still alive, the American channel with broadcasting rights felt it was a good idea to dip in and listen for a game or so. So they went to the BBC to experience the great voice of Dan. They waited, and waited. And after several points they wondered of the sound was gone and so they prepared to go back to their own commentary team, when Maskill chipped in: “oh I say!”

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak is just feeling the youngster out as would a boxer in the early rounds.. I think he will step it up and wipe the court with the young fella
He seems to comfortable to be out there rallying and getting adjusted to the turf. Feliciano Lopez and Tim Henman are commentating. Feli is doing pretty well.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dan Maskill and John Barrett were the greatest commentary team tennis ever heard. They had knowledge and they knew when it was appropriate to speak. I never understand why commentators are still talking through a point, as if the reason we’re watching wasn’t actually taking place in real time. Sometimes Maskill and Barrett wouldn’t even feel it necessary to talk between points, but when they spoke, they spoke with authority.

I’m sure I’ve repeated this story many times but when Maskill was still alive, the American channel with broadcasting rights felt it was a good idea to dip in and listen for a game or so. So they went to the BBC to experience the great voice of Dan. They waited, and waited. And after several points they wondered of the sound was gone and so they prepared to go back to their own commentary team, when Maskill chipped in: “oh I say!”
On contraire my Irish brotha from another mother... BETTER than Jason Goodall and Robbie Gould ..hmmm...not in AP's book but I respect your thoughts

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He seems to comfortable to be out there rallying and getting adjusted to the turf. Feliciano Lopez and Tim Henman are commentating. Feli is doing pretty well.
Also the painful Andrew Castle I had to mute I cant stand him lol! though Feli was good before I muted

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jordan Thopmson ( clean shaven and short back and sides) rallies from 2 sets down to defeat Nakashima 26 26 64 76(4) 63. Thompson sets up to face Novak next.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
JB was da GOAT..he was the TRUTH..Was he the guy that said "what a simulating pass by McEnroe" during the Borg McEnroe final !
Your testing my memory, I will have to think back, it is 1.30 in the morning here, I will need another strong expresso, ask Kieran he would know

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Really I agree 100 JB by himself is the best ever..no dispute..as we listen to a complete commentator's team . Jason and Robbie were the BEST tandem. Just my opinion

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really I agree 100 JB by himself is the best ever..no dispute..as we listen to a complete commentator's team . Jason and Robbie were the BEST tandem. Just my opinion
I loved listening to Robbie and Jason especially when they were on Rafa's matches, those 2 made me laugh, especially when I had to get up at midnight my time to watch matches lol! they kept me awake

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hurry up Novak I want to watch a womens match on CC next
5 games all 3rd set
Okay TB for the 3rd set, well done by Cachin to take Novak to a TB
Novak wins TB 76(4) in the 3rd set.
Novak will play Aussie Jordan Thompson next

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
JB was da GOAT..he was the TRUTH..Was he the guy that said "what a simulating pass by McEnroe" during the Borg McEnroe final !
He probably said something like that, the two of them were very posh and didn’t talk down to the fans, or pander to them. I like that kind of commentary. In more modern times, I loved Frew MacMillan alongside Simon Reed, Oliver Reed’s younger brother. They had the great mix of expertise (Frew) and a good co-commentators ability to ask the questions fans want to hear the answer to (Simon)…

tented

Administrator
Reactions
FAA is underachieving still, I see. Down a set and into the fourth knowing he wins the last two or back to Canada he goes
I just saw a bit of that: after being up 4-2 in the 3rd set TB, he lost it 7-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.