2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sweet! Rublev through. If I had my hands on the string of fate and could gift a random player with a Slam title, it might be Rublev.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sinner’s taken a few tumbles during the match. The most recent looked as though it hurt. Not sure why so frequent.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sweet! Rublev through. If I had my hands on the string of fate and could gift a random player with a Slam title, it might be Rublev.
You may be better served to use the string to tie him off from crazy… the place he too often likes to go during a match.

• Haha
Reactions: El Dude

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On paper, Rune has an easier match against either Tiafoe or Dimitrov, but he still is inefficient in terms of completing matches. He might win, but it will be like a very tight 5 set match.

Is that really a thing with a player who just turned twenty? We have exactly one Slam where he appeared to run out of gas because of a previous long match, but that IMO hardly counts as statistically a track record for being “inefficient”.

If anything, someone that young is usually still trying to learn the ropes of being a tour regular.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Grigor got it done without breaking sweat. Could be an interesting match between him and young Holger. Holger can be stubborn - but is he ambitious?

I think people sorta knew Francis winning a warm-up event was the curse of death! No way was he going to do anything significant at Wimble.! :-)2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner needs more work on his volley's he has improved, though at times he drops his racket head, an area where he and Cahill need to work on

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think people sorta knew Francis winning a warm-up event was the curse of death! No way was he going to do anything significant at Wimbl.! :-)2
He’s a small town player with a big heart but he’s not got the game or mentality to win slams. This isn’t a put down, I think he’s great but we have to be realistic too..

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I get that Americans are desperate for a champ, but he’s obviously not that. Someday soon your prince will come!
Channeling Front242, wonder what the odds would have been placing a pre-tournament bet that Eubanks would have had the best results out of all the Americans?

You would have made a killing! ; )

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner through to his 2nd QF at Wimbledon in a solid 3 set win over Galan
Well done Jannik, smile on the face of Darren Cahill
Jannik will play Safiulin on Tuesday for a place in his first SF at Wimbledon

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Channeling Front242, wonder what the odds would have been placing a pre-tournament bet that Eubanks would have had the best results out of all the Americans?

You would have made a killing! ; )
@Front242 probably did, he’s a useful gambler, I think..

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.