2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
William Blumberg and Casper Ruud have withdrawn from the doubles due to Ruud having shoulder pain

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1688873616543.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at some of the mens matches,

Bublik v Rublev, could be a bit of a revenge match, Alex defeated Andrey in this year's Halle final to win his first grass court title, though over 5 sets Rublev may have the edge.
Seeing Sinner's draw has really opened up with Fritz being defeated, he should defeat Galan
Djokovic has a H2H 5-0 over Hubi, I cant see Hubi making any inroads into Novaks game, unless he serves lights out, though he is facing the best returner in the mens game at present
Can Dimitrov hold his nerve, leading 2 sets to love over Tiafoe, in a match that had to be suspended due to rain, come back and win the match, he does have a record of not been able to close out matches

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
In regards to Berrettini playing Alcaraz who was the last player to have beaten Alcaraz in a 5 setter and 2/3 of their matches have gone to deciding TBs,
Quite frankly at this point in time, I really dont expect Matteo to win. An area that does concern me is the placement of Alcaraz serves, it is an area that he needs to improve
Why do you think his service placement needs improving?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel he needs to mix it up more often in matches, adding variety, he has a great kick serve btw
Interesting. There’s stats that show he’s not mixing it up enough? Where is he favouring with the placement? Statistically, he’s doing quite well on serve..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting. There’s stats that show he’s not mixing it up enough? Where is he favouring with the placement? Statistically, he’s doing quite well on serve..
That is just my personal opinion, to me a player has to mix his serve up and keep his opponent guessing, especially at 30 all points, or deuce, I remember Rafa use to use his tee serve on big points, I could close my eyes, when he used to use his tee serve, it was successful more times than none lol!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That is just my personal opinion, to me a player has to mix his serve up and keep his opponent guessing, especially at 30 all points, or deuce, I remember Rafa use to use his tee serve on big points, I could close my eyes, when he used to use his tee serve, it was successful more times than none lol!
It’s definitely an opinion, I’m just wondering are there stats that show he’s too predictable, especially in those 30-all points?

Rafa was like a metronome with his serve to Federer’s backhand. No variation, just fizzed it into the backhand. Generally the purpose of Rafa’s serve was to construct, not to destroy. It was a chess move, to construct the rally that was to follow..

Status
Not open for further replies.