2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They met in Madrid where Foki contested a linecall, which wasn't allowed because they used computers. He acted like a spoild brat in that situation calling for the director and yelling, and Rune got the crowd on his back for removing the mark. It was an epic match in 3 sets. Nice Rune got his revenge...
Ah yes! Good for Holger..

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TB for the 2nd set between Berrettini - Zverev
Berrettini 1st set 63
Berrettini wins the 2nd set 76(4) Forza Matteo, the serve holds strong
Berrettini leads 2 sets to love

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TB for the 3rd set between Berrettini - Zverev ( I am also watching the womens match lol )

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo Forza! happy to see you find some form on the grass defeating Zverev in 3 sets ( as I predicted)

63 76(4) 76 (5)

Back in the 2nd week

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some beautiful words from Berrettini,

" It feels unbelievable. Something I didnt think could happen. I didnt play much this year. It must be something about this place. I still didnt heal from that withdrawal. This tournament changed my life".
Sono cosi orgoglioso di te Matteo! ( where is Moxie she would understand what I said in Italian lol )

I will translate... I am very proud of you Matteo

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Berrettini v. Alcaraz I saw Matteo at his ball bashing best today. Zverev was serving better than he was and still lost. If there is one person who could hit Carlos off the court, it would be the Italian. This will be another test of the young Spaniard’s mettle. I think he will win and I expect a bit of a letdown from Matteo will play a part.

• Wow
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For me, the “feel good” story on the mens side at Wimbledon so far is American Christopher Eubanks surprising run to the 4th round, where the Greek Crown Prince awaits. This is the kind of result (& money) that sustains a player for a couple of years.

Quoted previously stating grass was “a stupid surface” to winning Mallorca and here at Wimbledon 4th round he’s won 8 straight grasscourt matches and reached a live ATP ranking career high #43. : )

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Berrettini v. Alcaraz I saw Matteo at his ball bashing best today. Zverev was serving better than he was and still lost. If there is one person who could hit Carlos off the court, it would be the Italian. This will be another test of the young Spaniard’s mettle. I think he will win and I expect a bit of a letdown from Matteo will play a part.
Hey watch what you say against my Italian Matteo, he has been through hell and back, I predicated Matteo would win he is a better grass court player then Zverev,, Matteo serve held up when it mattered, if Zverev was the better player why didnt he win or take a set off Matteo?I am just happy he has found some form, and wins on the grass, after being out with injuries this year, and came into Wimbledon with ' No Form at All", he wasnt certain he would play Wimbledon at all, because of lack of form and matches.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do think Alcaraz will win against Matteo because he is a better all-around player. However, if there is one thing that Matteo can do is attack Alcaraz’s return of serve.

By no means that Alcaraz is a bad returner at all (I am being super nipticky here), however sometimes Alcaraz gets too amped up and it affects his return of serve just a little bit. If Matteo can keep his 1st serve % high and serve smartly, he has a small chance.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is why I cannot stand the 'self entitled Zverev" ( seeing I just got in from Sunday Mass I wont swear)

Jannik Sinner was asked about Zverev saying other players deserved to play on main courts over him?
He responded, " All I know is I'm in the 4th round of Wimbledon, and I dont know where he is".
Later picked up Jannik asking the moderator : Isnt he back in Germany already?".
"
Be careful Margaret, that might be a parody giving out false information.

As of right now, Sinner has not said anything officially regarding about Zverev’s comment.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Be careful Margaret, that might be a parody giving out false information.

As of right now, Sinner has not said anything officially regarding about Zverev’s comment.
Well I didnt give out false information, I would not have posted it otherwise,? his comments were on court after a match, I am looking at the photo of him and his comments again?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I didnt give out false information, I would not have posted it otherwise,? his comments were on court after a match, I am looking at the photo of him and his comments again?
The person that tweeted that Sinner ”response ” finally said it was a joke that people might have missed.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In regards to Berrettini playing Alcaraz who was the last player to have beaten Alcaraz in a 5 setter and 2/3 of their matches have gone to deciding TBs,
Quite frankly at this point in time, I really dont expect Matteo to win. An area that does concern me is the placement of Alcaraz serves, it is an area that he needs to improve

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.