2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well done Liam Broady!
Margaret, I followed Liam and his sister when they were juniors and early on the pro circuit. There were some battles with the British tennis establishment, but I forget the story. Do you remember? In any event, it’s great to see him win and to see how happy his sister was for him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret, I followed Liam and his sister when they were juniors and early on the pro circuit. There were some battles with the British tennis establishment, but I forget the story. Do you remember? In any event, it’s great to see him win and to see how happy his sister was for him.
Sorry I dont know the story, I know Liam had a sister.I think Liam will play Shapo next

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Wow, epic collapse from Tommy Paul. Let's the Canadian tree back in the match by losing the set in a TB

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
wasn't her name Naomi Broady? She was a decent player. She didn't have a lot of huge success but was pretty steady

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
wasn't her name Naomi Broady? She was a decent player. She didn't have a lot of huge success but was pretty steady
I think she was better than he was, but the powers that be didn’t support her. Liam took up the cause and found himself in some hot water as a result. It’s 10 years or more now and I got distracted with my father and then my dogs…

She was there cheering him on from his box. Today was a bit of a vindication for them both I imagine.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ymer has a break in the 5th set against Fritz, and consolidates it leading 3-1
Frtiz has forgotten how to play

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Jannik Sinner doesn’t reach his Slam SF with this draw, then I will be really really disappointed on him. There are no more excuses from him not to reach a Slam SF.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If Jannik Sinner doesn’t reach his Slam SF with this draw, then I will be really really disappointed on him. There are no more excuses from him not to reach a Slam SF.
Well see, his 2 matches he is playing well, though he recently had to retire with an injury in Halle, quite frankly I have been disappointed with his form of late, and I thought he would do better with Cahill as his coach

Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well see, his 2 matches he is playing well, though he recently had to retire with an injury in Halle, quite frankly I have been disappointed with his form of late, and I thought he would do better with Cahill as his coach
He was playing well until he came to Rome. Then, his level drop surprisingly.

I do think reaching his 1st Slam SF here at Wimbledon will give some of his confidence back.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He was playing well until he came to Rome. Then, his level drop surprisingly.

I do think reaching his 1st Slam SF here at Wimbledon will give some of his confidence back.
Agree, if he reaches his 1st SF ar Wimby it will give him the confidence he needs

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, if he reaches his 1st SF ar Wimby it will give him the confidence he needs
At the same time, if he doesn’t reach the SF here with this draw, then there will be some soul searching that needs to happen for him and his team.

Can’t have too many great opportunities and not take advantage of it

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At the same time, if he doesn’t reach the SF here with this draw, then there will be some soul searching that needs to happen for him and his team.

Can’t have too many great opportunities and not take advantage of it
Jannik did make the QFs last year, grass has not been his best surface, agree you have to take your opportunities when they arise.

Reactions: Kieran
Status
Not open for further replies.