2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At the same time, if he doesn’t reach the SF here with this draw, then there will be some soul searching that needs to happen for him and his team.

Can’t have too many great opportunities and not take advantage of it
I dunno, maybe he’s nursing an injury. ;-):

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay here is Murray and Stef arriving on court now
I hope Stefs parents wont carrying on like his last match
I have John Mac as a commie on the match and the roof is closed on CC, maybe because of the darkness later

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay here is Murray and Stef arriving on court now
I hope Stefs parents wont carrying on like his last match
I have John Mac as a commie on the match and the roof is closed on CC, maybe because of the darkness later
Murray said to tell @Fiero425 and the entire world that he expects to make it to the semis and further.. jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa looks like she just got out of bed, you would think she could have put a comb through her hair for starters
Good idea this match is on CC, Papa is high up in his box and cant carry on like a 'Maniac' towards his son

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa looks like she just got out of bed, you would think she could have put a comb through her hair for starters
Good idea this match is on CC, Papa is high up in his box and cant carry on like a 'Maniac' towards his son
I think she’ll be a better influence on the butterfly than his daddy. She’ll inspire him, but daddy will just drive him nuts..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Leave Paula alone, I'm quite sure 80 percent of real heterosexual men would be happy wit lolh her appearance especially if she just climbed out of their bedroom. Jajaja

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Anybody still panicking over the scheduling?

:popcorn
It's not a panic. It was a call out of poor response and planning. I still don't agree w/ their decision and they aren't caught up yet. There's a slew of R2 matches slated tomorrow that should've have been played today. THE END!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bhand return of Stef gone missing, that is an area he needs to improve Pronto!
TB for the 1st set

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not a panic. It was a call out of poor response and planning. I still don't agree w/ their decision and they aren't caught up yet. There's a slew of R2 matches slated tomorrow that should've have been played today. THE END!
Out of a total of 254 singles matches - men and women - for the whole tournament, they’ve already finished 170, with 2 to still finish tonight.

In other words, they’ve gone through more than 2/3 of all matches, and it’s still only Thursday. They’ll have only 82 matches still to play, they’ll finish second rounds tomorrow (only 20 matches), and they’ll be playing third rounds tomoro, Saturday and Sunday.

They’ve done well, but it was only one day badly affected..

Reactions: tented

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Out of a total of 254 singles matches - men and women - for the whole tournament, they’ve already finished 170, with 2 to still finish tonight.

In other words, they’ve gone through more than 2/3 of all matches, and it’s still only Thursday. They’ll have only 82 matches still to play, they’ll finish second rounds tomorrow (only 20 matches), and they’ll be playing third rounds tomoro, Saturday and Sunday.

They’ve done well, but it was only one day badly affected..
I don't like the fact that the scale is unbalanced. Some players (even top seeds) will have to go back-to-back-to-back. It's not a huge concern for the women because they are used to BO3 everyday during reg tour events. It's not good to ask the men to do the same in a BO5 format. At some point during the fortnight it will create an unfair advantage for an opponent who is well rested while his competition is weary and gassed.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't like the fact that the scale is unbalanced. Some players (even top seeds) will have to go back-to-back-to-back. It's not a huge concern for the women because they are used to BO3 everyday during reg tour events. It's not good to ask the men to do the same in a BO5 format. At some point during the fortnight it will create an unfair advantage for an opponent who is well rested while his competition is weary and gassed.
I don’t think they’ll go back-to-back-to-back. They may play 2 days in a row, but that’s nothing. But look at Carlos, plays 2nd round tomoro, 3rd round on Saturday or Sunday, 4th round on Monday. That’s potentially 3 matches in 4 days - only 1 against a highly ranked player - but it’s not so unusual in slams that this happens…

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray has to go stronger in to Stefs fhand to open up his bhand, anything short Stef is just putting it away with ease
Stef's fhand is at present dictating this match

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I don’t think they’ll go back-to-back-to-back. They may play 2 days in a row, but that’s nothing. But look at Carlos, plays 2nd round tomoro, 3rd round on Saturday or Sunday, 4th round on Monday. That’s potentially 3 matches in 4 days - only 1 against a highly ranked player - but it’s not so unusual in slams that this happens…
As long as there isn’t a 2007 redux, things will be fine.

Reactions: Kieran
Status
Not open for further replies.