2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
As long as there isn’t a 2007 redux, things will be fine.
It hasn’t been close to that yet, where Rafa played Soderling across 3 days, and was fairly fortunate to face Novak in the semis. Novak ran away scared when Rafa took control of the match, and gave Rafa an early bedtime.

The weather forecast looks bright for the next few days..

Reactions: tented

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don’t think they’ll go back-to-back-to-back. They may play 2 days in a row, but that’s nothing. But look at Carlos, plays 2nd round tomoro, 3rd round on Saturday or Sunday, 4th round on Monday. That’s potentially 3 matches in 4 days - only 1 against a highly ranked player - but it’s not so unusual in slams that this happens…
but in Charlie's case that would be back-to-back-to-back. And I'm assuming they probably held him up so his opponents would all be in the same boat.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
but in Charlie's case that would be back-to-back-to-back. And I'm assuming they probably held him up so his opponents would all be in the same boat.
Possibly, but it will 3 matches in 4 days, not 3 in 3 days?

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, Wimbledon dropped the ball on scheduling this year. This is the one thing that Wimbledon does well, and they managed to screw this up. Now watch us get something like Novak's QF be played on Tuesday, the women's QFs on Wednesday, and Alcaraz's QF on Thursday. What a mess.

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It hasn’t been close to that yet, where Rafa played Soderling across 3 days, and was fairly fortunate to face Novak in the semis. Novak ran away scared when Rafa took control of the match, and gave Rafa an early bedtime.

The weather forecast looks bright for the next few days..
Exactly. In short, it would take A LOT for me to feel things are truly going sideways.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, Wimbledon dropped the ball on scheduling this year. This is the one thing that Wimbledon does well, and they managed to screw this up. Now watch us get something like Novak's QF be played on Tuesday, the women's QFs on Wednesday, and Alcaraz's QF on Thursday. What a mess.
You’re not paying attention…

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don’t see things going well for Murray. He will fight, but he’s at least a step slower and that won’t come back. Stef got through Thiem and I doubt he will be awed by the spectre of what once was Andy.

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t know if this website is reliable but I hope Carlos isn’t saying stuff like this:

IMG_0108.png

Roger is quoted here showing surprise at comments by Juan Carlos Ferrero:
"[His coach] said that? That is quite a compliment," exclaimed the Swiss. "It's a lot to live up to. I think Carlos at his young age, the age that he is right now, he's doing incredible things.

"I always don't like to put too much pressure on younger players, especially like, 'He's going to do this.' But he's the type of player who says, 'Well, I'm coming to Wimbledon, I'm coming to win. I'm coming to Paris, I'm coming to win.'

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t see things going well for Murray. He will fight, but he’s at least a step slower and that won’t come back. Stef got through Thiem and I doubt he will be awed by the spectre of what once was Andy.
Muzz needs to go stronger at the FH of Stef to open up his bhand, at present anything short, Stef is just putting it away, Stefs fhand is really been dictating this match from early in the 2nd set

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muzz needs to go stronger at the FH of Stef to open up his bhand, at present anything short, Stef is just putting it away, Stefs fhand is really been dictating this match from early in the 2nd set
Murray isn’t fast enough to make it happen consistently. Tsi is hitting the ball where he isn’t and when he has to run, he leaves the court open as his recovery is a shadow of what it was.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray isn’t fast enough to make it happen consistently. Tsi is hitting the ball where he isn’t and when he has to run, he leaves the court open as his recovery is a shadow of what it was.
Impressed by Stefs footwork today as well

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Impressed by Stefs footwork today as well
He’s not all nervy as is often the case. What do you want to bet Stef has a Novakesque tiebreaker?

Murray serving lights out. Stef can’t afford an error and he’s made two.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes well done Muzz wins the 2nd set TB 76(4) Stef made some very questionable shots in that TB and paid the price

Status
Not open for further replies.