2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
They are completely backwards, and again it's inexcusable as this isn't their first rodeo. They put R2 matches on today when they should have focused on getting R1 completed. Now tomorrow they have 3 R2 matches scheduled on CC and some R1 doubs matches scheduled last on the outer courts. Starting doubs when you're still behind in singles is absolute insanity. :facepalm:
This tournament gets first class attendance and attention from the pros but is being managed by a bunch of snobs who are bias at times and could care less about the safety of players.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This tournament gets first class attendance and attention from the pros but is being managed by a bunch of snobs who are bias at times and could care less about the safety of players.
The safety of the players?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The scheduling of the matches. Some players are playing back to back matches ..while some players are still playing first matches and other are playing 3rd (I think a few WTA)
That happens, it’s a tournament, they have to be ready for everything. Delays are part of the game. That doesn’t affect their safety…

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That happens, it’s a tournament, they have to be ready for everything. Delays are part of the game. That doesn’t affect their safety…
I think it does back to back 3 or 5 sets matches is tough on a body IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it does back to back 3 or 5 sets matches is tough on a body IMO
It is, but that’s tournament play. They train for that. The USO used to have the men’s semi on Saturday and the final on Sunday. In 1980 McEnroe beat Connors in a fifth set tiebreak in the semis, then he beat Borg 6-4 in the fifth the next day. Nobody said these things are easy, players need to fight. Delays, fatigue, they’re all part of the game.

I bet Korda would love to play another match today..

tented

Administrator
Reactions
There’s a legal concept in the US called a “known nuisance” — it’s pretty self explanatory. This woman chose to live near a known nuisance, and is complaining about it. The case I’ve seen here involved a woman who moved into an apartment next door to a bar and sued the bar for making too much noise. You can guess who won, and who moved to another city …

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There’s a legal concept in the US called a “known nuisance” — it’s pretty self explanatory. This woman chose to live near a known nuisance, and is complaining about it. The case I’ve seen here involved a woman who moved into an apartment next door to a bar and sued the bar for making too much noise. You can guess who won, and who moved to another city …
I pity this cranky neighbour of Wimbledon that during 2008 final she must have thought her hell had ended about seven times when there was a rain interruption..

• Haha
Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos is playing tomorrow now, I believe. Google scoreboard has him down for tomorrow, the time to be confirmed..

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I seem to remember @Federberg mentioning he either lives or used to live near Wimbledon. I wonder what he thinks of this woman, and what his experiences are/were?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I seem to remember @Federberg mentioning he either lives or used to live near Wimbledon. I wonder what he thinks of this woman, and what his experiences are/were?
You know, if I had a gaff that close to Wimbledon I’d do up the box room and AirBnB it for £400 a night to punters going to the tennis..

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Stan da freakin Man vs the Great Siberian Slayer..I got my popcorn ready
Even during the period he was winning majors, his best results were two QFs. On one hand, we know he’s not afraid of Novak, but there’s no great history here and he’s not what he used to be either.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Even during the period he was winning majors, his best results were two QFs. On one hand, we know he’s not afraid of Novak, but there’s no great history here and he’s not what he used to be either.
The one thing we know is if Stan will play Novak like he is at the blackjack game table. Stan is gonna take a hit on 16 and "soft" 17 EVERY time..he will stress Novak's FH..no doubt about it..

Reactions: nehmeth

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I recall Korda said he was a contender
And that's the fine line between Seb Korda and Frances Tiafoe. Seb is immature and talked a big game. Frances quietly believes deep down inside that he is a contender and is mature enough to let his tennis do the talking for him. I hope this first round loss humbles Seb because his game will not progress until he corrects his cocky attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.