2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True, nobody can step up to the plate. It’s also important for Nadal fans to remember that Nadal himself has benefited from the situation, just like Djokovic. I understand that it is painful to watch when Djokovic is threatening to gobble up the slams, a few years before he retires.

Aside from that, let’s give credit to Djokovic. His game has become more complete as he ages. He is now more complete than the more stylish Federer. Djokovic is almost untouchable!!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
True, nobody can step up to the plate. It’s also important for Nadal fans to remember that Nadal himself has benefited from the situation, just like Djokovic. I understand that it is painful to watch when Djokovic is threatening to gobble up the slams, a few years before he retires.

Aside from that, let’s give credit to Djokovic. His game has become more complete as he ages. He is now more complete than the more stylish Federer. Djokovic is almost untouchable!!
Well, he’s almost untouchable largely because of what you said in your first line. I don’t begrudge him his success, by the way, but I think the ease that he’s gotten his last six or seven slams has inflated the numbers somewhat. The numbers for the Big 3 are all inflated and subject to analysis anyway, but there are people who think a six inch putt is as challenging and brilliant as a hole in one…

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure if I like the fact that Novak is so big favorite to win this Wimbledon. Maybe there is too much talk about it and many want to see him attempt calendar slam this year . A bad day in office is still a possibility combined with a hot opponent across the net. However, I feel like Novak likes it here the most now, even more than AO, he looks comfortable on the court in London.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good first round win from Alcaraz in SS over Chardy 60 62 75
Well done, looks more comfortable on grass, I feel that win at Queens was a bonus in many ways for Alcaraz!
Happy retirement Jeremy Chardy who has retired after this match!

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These are the following mens matches that have been cancelled due to rain,

Tiafoe - Wu
Dimitrov - Scimabukuro
Ofner - Lehecka
Coria - Ivashka
Stricker - Popyyrin
Cerundolo - Borges
Paul - Mochiazuki
Raonic - Novak
Medvedev- Fery
Zverev -Brouwer
Huesler - Watanuki

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not sure if I like the fact that Novak is so big favorite to win this Wimbledon. Maybe there is too much talk about it and many want to see him attempt calendar slam this year . A bad day in office is still a possibility combined with a hot opponent across the net. However, I feel like Novak likes it here the most now, even more than AO, he looks comfortable on the court in London.
Novak could spot the entire field but Holger Rune 2 sets to love and they still don't have the stones to defeat him

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So this is what I don't get about Wimby. Knowing yesterday that today could be a washout, why not start play on the roof courts at 11am so they can squeeze in as much play as possible?
I know they knew the weather forecast from yesterday, Brain Fail from the tournament officials

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray on court now against Peniston
Roger Federer looking cool and handsome sitting next to Princess Catherine in the Royal Box
Oh No Andrew Castle is in commentary that just ruined everything for me

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos cramps came more from nerves than dehydration. He let me down at RG..just my opinion
He’s a whole nother level than Rune, brother. Remember, he actually got there in the first place to get cramps. He’s learning faster than Holger so far. I don’t dispute that Holger wouldn’t finish the job, but that we don’t know because he’s unknown at that level…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos would be better suited than Rune. Rune tends to play some passive tennis at inopportune times.
No.. Holger Rune wants to be the GREATEST and he knows he is the young lion in the wild that has to slay the old Lion. All the others say they want to be in the fight but wet their panties when they see Novak across the net. Watch how Stan behaves vs Novak's BH. He is going to try to take the fight to him.

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He’s a whole nother level than Rune, brother. Remember, he actually got there in the first place to get cramps. He’s learning faster than Holger so far. I don’t dispute that Holger wouldn’t finish the job, but that we don’t know because he’s unknown at that level…
Agree, Carlos at this stage has more gears to go to when needed than Rune, more focused at times as well

Status
Not open for further replies.