2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Love Fils fhand I made a comment earlier, Ruud needs to stay away from it, Ruud just grinds away on clay, yes does make people adjust to his style of play, Fils is taking his game to Ruud, lets see how it pans out in the 2nd set
BH isn't too shabby. Did you see those BHDTL winners? Just lovely...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it's overcast but still hot in ATL .. Taylor and @Moxie Moxie's named Glass Samurai are gonna put on a show if the Sun can stay hidden for a bit

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it's overcast but still hot in ATL .. Taylor and @Moxie Moxie's named Glass Samurai are gonna put on a show if the Sun can stay hidden for a bit
Usually with hot over cast conditions, makes the humidity worse
BTW look at these stats in the Ruud v Fils match
Ruud 6 W and 6 UFE
Fils 35 W and 12 UFE.......enough said:)

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great win for Fils! So much for Ruud's plans on clay.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great win for Fils! So much for Ruud's plans on clay.
He looked tired to me he should have had the week off and rest up for the HC, though seeing clay is his best surface, adding points to his ranking probably was the reason he played

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
SFs matches Hamburg Saturday 29th July,

A. Zverev (4) vs A. Fils
L.Djere vs Z. Zhang

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's going to be a great popcorn Hamburg SF match between the French kid Fils and Zverev. The Crown Prince has whined in all seriousness about the added pressure he feels playing in Germany. :rolleyes: He got by the first French phenom Van Assche today and as a reward has the next promising French player waiting for him.

Allez Fils!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The man of glass is getting a MTO
Just got broken early in the 2nd set, Fritz leading 2-0, it appears my link is quicker than yours, commies were saying yesterday Kei was having knee problems, he does look slower today
Tight 1st set, Fritz good returning broke Kei's serve to win 64,

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
On his 2nd MP Fritz d Nishikori 64 62,
Bad luck, Kei, after having to take a MTO after the 1st set,, your knee was a issue, looked slower in today's match, good luck in the Washington tournament

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sascha's the last seed standing in Hamburg! Wow! How does this happen? Weak era? I've been saying things will change exponentially w/o the Big 3! Anyone can & will win more than likely after Novak leaves! The consistency just isn't there along w/ players breaking down physically due to the speed of the game! The Canadian will probably look as bad as the Sunshine Double w/o a leading player outside of Alcaraz! Medvedev comes & goes! I just don't how to keep my interest outside of the majors! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sascha's the last seed standing in Hamburg! Wow! How does this happen? Weak era? I've been saying things will change exponentially w/o the Big 3! Anyone can & will win more than likely after Novak leaves! The consistency just isn't there along w/ players breaking down physically due to the speed of the game! The Canadian will probably look as bad as the Sunshine Double w/o a leading player outside of Alcaraz! Medvedev comes & goes! I just don't how to keep my interest outside of the majors! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
I wouldn't put too much weight on this tournament, Hamburg is truly an anomaly: a 500 red clay tournament wedged between the the grasscourt season culminating at Wimbledon and the HC season that is already underway. Rublev, Rudd & Zverev are all pursuing points and have good track records on clay so I can see why they were tempted to play here. Again a 500 tier tournament.

For all the talk from the players that the tennis season is so long and taxing, did any of them three really have to play here? Especially having to transition to HC for Canada and Cincy. Those guys are going from clay to grass to clay to HC of their own volition. But what the heck, I guess you make hay while the sun shines.

I do sort of feel bad for this tourney, they got bumped out of their 1000 Masters status when the Spanish/Ion Tiriac put political muscle behind moving the Madrid Open to the spring and making it a "red clay" tournament. I personally much preferred Hamburg as a clay court Masters vs. Madrid. : (

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wouldn't put too much weight on this tournament, Hamburg is truly an anomaly: a 500 red clay tournament wedged between the the grasscourt season culminating at Wimbledon and the HC season that is already underway. Rublev, Rudd & Zverev are all pursuing points and have good track records on clay so I can see why they were tempted to play here. Again a 500 tier tournament.

For all the talk from the players that the tennis season is so long and taxing, did any of them three really have to play here? Especially having to transition to HC for Canada and Cincy. Those guys are going from clay to grass to clay to HC of their own volition. But what the heck, I guess you make hay while the sun shines.

I do sort of feel bad for this tourney, they got bumped out of their 1000 Masters status when the Spanish/Ion Tiriac put political muscle behind moving the Madrid Open to the spring and making it a "red clay" tournament. I personally much preferred Hamburg as a clay court Masters vs. Madrid. : (

I've seen things change when it comes to tournaments depending on who's at the top! Way back when, you had Graf and Becker making so much news & winning back in the 80's & 90's! Hamburg as a Masters was a no-brainer while they reigned at or near the top! As soon as they were gone, Germany lost status when they actually had a YE Chp. or 2! Madrid gained back their status w/ Nadal when at one time it was a Fall event indoors! Our Sunshine Double is all about money! Heaven knows we don't have good representatives leading the way on the tour! It was the same thing w/ Shanghai; all about how much was being offered to get players to compete! The rest of the Masters are legacy events w/ Rome not offering much, but have a lot of status to hang in there! END RANT! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.