2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Good line up - matches should start after 7PM in Atlanta. High today will be 95F with a real feel of 106F. :facepalm:
Unless they play on 2 courts simultaneously, 2 matches will be trotted out there during the blaze.

Reactions: nehmeth

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You could ask the same question of Ruud, since he reached the Bastad finals and I imagine is still planning to play both Masters.
Maybe. I can understand Casper a bit more. He bombed out early on the grass. He didn't win the final in Bastad and he's become the king of the 250. I don't think he owns a title yet larger than 250. He desperately needs to get that monkey off his back. On his fave surface, I can see why he wanted to play Hamburg.

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe. I can understand Casper a bit more. He bombed out early on the grass. He didn't win the final in Bastad and he's become the king of the 250. I don't think he owns a title yet larger than 250. He desperately needs to get that monkey off his back. On his fave surface, I can see why he wanted to play Hamburg.
He’s got a shitload of points to defend coming up in NYC too, and that’s not going to be easy…

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
He’s got a shitload of points to defend coming up in NYC too, and that’s not going to be easy…
LOL. Almost forgot about those USO Finalist pts. Yep, he will be doing good to reach R4 this year.

Just checked Hamburg and he is getting blanked by France's teen superstar, Fils. So much for winning a 500... :lol6:

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL. Almost forgot about those USO Finalist pts. Yep, he will be doing good to reach R4 this year.

Just checked Hamburg and he is getting blanked by France's teen superstar, Fils. So much for winning a 500... :lol6:
Wow Fils just handed Ruud a bagel in the 1st set, in their QF match
Ruud needs to stay away from Fils fhand for starters lol!
Ruud should have taken the week off, I know he loves playing on clay........still he looks wiped out to me:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He unfortunately does not. He waits for his opponent's level to drop and then he pounces. If that doesn't happen, it's Sayonara Casper.
He needs to get one, agree with your comments, lets see if Ruud can win the 2nd set,on serve at present, I like the French youngster Fils

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The commentators just said Rudd doesn't have a B plan which is not a bad thing..Rudd typically makes most players adjust to his style of play .Not today's match, Fils is hitting his FH like his birth mother is Steffi Graf!
Love Fils fhand I made a comment earlier, Ruud needs to stay away from it, Ruud just grinds away on clay, yes does make people adjust to his style of play, Fils is taking his game to Ruud, lets see how it pans out in the 2nd set

Status
Not open for further replies.