2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks as if after Murray's serve broken, they've decided to go over and show Coco's match in Berlin! Vera Zvonareva still chugging along, but defeated by Sabalenka! Sascha eliminated Thiem in straight setrs! Jabeur upset! :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::fearful-face:
I have already posted that Jabeur defending champion has been defeated, Niemeier is quite dangerous on grass BTW? which belongs on the WTA post BTW, as if Vera would upset Sabalenka, you really need to watch the womens game lol!

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Little Holger won his first ever main tour grasscourt match over the always dangerous on grass Maxime “I will volley” Cressy 7-6(4) 76(3) in London.

The Danish Angel had to hit about a thousand passing shots which is par for the course when playing Cressy on grass. Maxime won Newport on grass last year and lost to Frtitz at the Eastbourne finals in a 3rd set TB so not the best first round opponent to face. Cressy is definitely one of those dangerous S-V floaters the first week of Wimbledon nobody wants on their part of the draw.
The Danish Angel apparently have been suffering some backpain, so he has had to change his serve a bit. So he can't get as much kick in it going forwards.

But he hope's it will benefit him in the long run.
And first win on grass as a senior!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA has taken a WC for the Mallorca Open next week before Wimbledon, the week after, ( his left knee still seems to be bugging him the reason he withdrew from Halle), strange he took the WC if he's still not 100%

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think one of the most impressive things about Novak's record breaking 23rd slam is the cheerleading reactions of both Rafa and Roger. True sportsmanship and appreciation for a fellow member of the Big 3 who's achieving things that they both understand so well:

Reactions: tented

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Halle Tourney…
Jarry is having a rather easy go in his service games. At the same time he’s making some incredible returns that have put Stef in some deficits on his serve.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Halle Tourney…
Jarry is having a rather easy go in his service games. At the same time he’s making some incredible returns that have put Stef in some deficits on his serve.
There was some mess in that TB, but Jarry pulled it out. Commentators yesterday suggested that this could be a tough match for Steph, and so it is proving to be. He may not come through.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There was some mess in that TB, but Jarry pulled it out. Commentators yesterday suggested that this could be a tough match for Steph, and so it is proving to be. He may not come through.
I’m picking Jarry to win actually. He’s had an excellent clay season and his game translates well to turf. I really hope Stefanos will part ways with his father and get a real coach.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m picking Jarry to win actually. He’s had an excellent clay season and his game translates well to turf. I really hope Stefanos will part ways with his father and get a real coach.
Good luck with that thought I cant see Stef parts ways with his dad, they are joined at the hip lol!, I just tuned into this game, agree Jarry had a good clay season and his game translates well on grass

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good luck with that thought I cant see Stef parts ways with his dad, they are joined at the hip lol!, I just tuned into this game, agree Jarry had a good clay season and his game translates well on grass
Well your prediction of Jarry to win came true, won in SS over Stef 76 (7) 75 well done!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's Roger Federer Day in Halle. He was there and got some sort of award, it seems.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fabio Fognini is at risk of a ban due to missing doping test. For a test in May, Fabio provided screen shots showing that there were issues with WADA's website, but WADA rejected his evidence. He will miss Wimbledon unless this is resolved. ( source The Tennis Letter)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wild Cards for main draw at Wimbledon ( tournament begins on July 3rd)
Liam Broady, David Goffin, Arthur Fey, Jan Choiski, George Loffhagen, Ryan Peniston
2 main draw wild cards are still to be allocated.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tsitsi has Badosa's minge on his mind lately, he ain't going to win much until he cools off a bit. :lulz1:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.