2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Down a break in the 3rd set Francisco Cerundolo ( the dangerous one, maybe on grass now) defeats Tommy Paul 67(2) 64 64 at Queens

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cry Me A River, Thiem received a WC, he cant event get past 1 round one on clay recently in 2 challenger tournaments, he was very lucky to receive a WC for starters! what come back he has been struggling since he returned to the tour.Compared to Kei Nishikori out for over 20 months after having hip surgery and winning a challenger tournament since he came back on the tour the other day!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem can't catch a break in his comeback! He's scheduled to play 9th Seed Zverev! Even if he weren't there, Shapovalov's in the 2nd Rd.! :fearful-face::pleading-face: :lulz1:
If he can't get his ranking up above 88, he's going to suffer bad draws. I don't remember you feeling so bad for Murray when he couldn't catch a break due to low ranking after injury. :lulz1:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No one talking "Halle" or "Queens?" FAA W/D from Halle! Anyone know why? Still hurtin'? The top seeds are playing 1st Round I see! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Maybe if you read my posts you would know the reason why FAA withdrew? he has a knee injury. I suggest you read my posts in future lol I posted that news the other day!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If he can't get his ranking up above 88, he's going to suffer bad draws. I don't remember you feeling so bad for Murray when he couldn't catch a break due to low ranking after injury. :lulz1:
Well at least Murray has gone back to challenger tournaments and has won 2 in a row on grass, trying to get his seeding up for Wimbledon, Dominic on the other hand has tried the challenger circuit to no avail, then gets a WC and goes out in the 1st rd, that is no way to find form as far as I am concerned, he has gone backwards quite frankly, not forward

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will post the news again, I posted that news on Monday!~
FAA has withdrawn from Halle due to a Knee Injury! Zverev becomes the 9th seed and takes his spot in the draw v Dominic Thiem!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I cannot see Nick K going far in Wimbledon this year, going out in the 1st rd the other day, he was complaining about pain. He withdrew from Queens, again his knee giving him pain, this is his favorite time of the year as well grass.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Since I have no recollection of Andy Murray's career after the 2019 Australian Open, I'll just pretend as if Murray came back this spring after an over 4-year retirement. To be honest, I stopped following Murray's career after he pulled out of 2019 Wimbledon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since I have no recollection of Andy Murray's career after the 2019 Australian Open, I'll just pretend as if Murray came back this spring after an over 4-year retirement. To be honest, I stopped following Murray's career after he pulled out of 2019 Wimbledon.
Do note that I was crabbing at Fiero, who is a Murray "hatah" ™. :)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alcaraz looks a little out of his element on the grass. His attitude is real good… he knows he’s learning and he’s enjoying himself. Nice to see.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Little Holger won his first ever main tour grasscourt match over the always dangerous on grass Maxime “I will volley” Cressy 7-6(4) 76(3) in London.

The Danish Angel had to hit about a thousand passing shots which is par for the course when playing Cressy on grass. Maxime won Newport on grass last year and lost to Frtitz at the Eastbourne finals in a 3rd set TB so not the best first round opponent to face. Cressy is definitely one of those dangerous S-V floaters the first week of Wimbledon nobody wants on their part of the draw.

Reactions: tented and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz looks a little out of his element on the grass. His attitude is real good… he knows he’s learning and he’s enjoying himself. Nice to see.
He just got the break against the tall Frenchman, who does seem built for grass.

Reactions: nehmeth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice win for Carlos, v. tough opponent to start with on grass. As always, some thrilling shots. What a crowd-pleaser!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Little Holger won his first ever main tour grass court match over the always dangerous on grass Maxime “I will volley” Cressy 7-6(4) 76(3) in London.

The Danish Angel had to hit about a thousand passing shots which is par for the course when playing Cressy on grass. Maxime won Newport on grass last year and lost to Fritz at the Eastbourne finals in a 3rd set TB so not the best first round opponent to face. Cressy is definitely one of those dangerous S-V floaters the first week of Wimbledon nobody wants on their part of the draw.

I was surprised Rune survived; esp. in straight sets! Cressy was playing well and Rune looked as if he was sleepwalking early on! He'll need to play a lot better or get upset in the 1st round at SW-19 by a big server! Tiafoe looks as if he might be setting himself up w/ a fall! He won grass event which is usually the kiss of death! :anxious-face-with-sweat: :astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Well Murray's on court now trying to hold off Father Time & DeMinaur! Should be a good match if you want to see 2 defensive minded players! :fearful-face:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Looks as if after Murray's serve broken, they've decided to go over and show Coco's match in Berlin! Vera Zvonareva still chugging along, but defeated by Sabalenka! Sascha eliminated Thiem in straight setrs! Jabeur upset! :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::fearful-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
True to form Zverev wins in SS over WC Dominic Theim 63 64, I suggest Dom goes back to challanger events and try to win one, getting WCs into tournaments and going out in the 1st rd, dosent help his tennis from at all.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was surprised Rune survived; esp. in straight sets! Cressy was playing well and Rune looked as if he was sleepwalking early on! He'll need to play a lot better or get upset in the 1st round at SW-19 by a big server! Tiafoe looks as if he might be setting himself up w/ a fall! He won grass event which is usually the kiss of death! :anxious-face-with-sweat: :astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Annacone mentioned that Cressey's on an 11-match losing streak or something, so confidence very low ATM. Hopefully being back on grass will perk him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.