2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just checked on the results of the Challenger event in Phoenix.
QF results:
Shevchenko d Babycakes 64 36 63
Borges d Popyrin 75 67 63
Halys d Kovacevic 16 63 62
Struff d Bublik 64 36 64
What happened to Seniore Matteo's game..maybe he needs to go back to the avg looking girlfriend that's FAA's girlfriend cousin

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What happened to Seniore Matteo's game..maybe he needs to go back to the avg looking girlfriend that's FAA's girlfriend cousin
Matteo has a new cougar GF, who is a show girl, ( model) according to Italian press, they are blaming her for his current mess :) Matteo has said he needs to be happy in his private life lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray is joining IMG, says he is doing so for the remainder of his tennis career and ' with an eye on the future and opportunities both in tennis and in the wider business world".

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

I think Wimbledon made (possibly) a wrong decision but for the right reasons last year, whereas the ATP and WTA tours made wrong decisions for wrong reasons. It was a pity, and hopefully this year the fact that Wimbledon changed its mind won’t be used by war belligerents as a propaganda coup..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Feliciano Lopez has been granted a wild card into Barcelona Open,
Lopez has confirmed he will play, he will be the 3rd man in history to achieve 22 appearances at the same event
1. Jimmy Connors - US Open
2. Roger Federer- Wimbledon
3. Felciano Lopez.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Jose Morgado Tennis Journalist via twitter,

Holger Rune and Patrick Mouratoglou have stopped working together ( weekly basis), Holger stays connected to the academy. Start of the season hasn't been great to the Dane.The pair were together on Tour for six months, twice as long as initially planned
Lars Christensen will continue to coach Rune, and managed by his mother, Aneke.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rare these days to see a young American take this opportunity to get more familiar with the red dirt:

Hallelujah! An American who might just try to be a clay player! Or at least not give up on an entire surface on the calendar.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at the Estoril Open tomorrow,

Dominic Thiem vs Q Sebastian Ofner, hopefully Dom dosent lose his first round singles match, he teamed up with Joao Sousa to win the doubles match defeating WC pair of Ben Shelton and Duarte Vale 64 62

Ben Shelton plays his first singles match against Constant Lestinne

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos have withdrawn from Monte Carlo. Rafa is still not back to full health and Carlos is feeling “physical discomfort.”

Side note, when Djoker wins this, his fans will conveniently forget who is absent. When Djokovic himself chooses to be absent from a tournament, his fans inconveniently remind us to stick an asterisk beside the name of the champion…

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
FAA has also withdrawn from Monte Carlo. I think it would be in his best interest to take a mini-break (like 3 months, skip the FO if necessary) to recharge. He seems to have hit a wall mentally.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA has also withdrawn from Monte Carlo. I think it would be in his best interest to take a mini-break (like 3 months, skip the FO if necessary) to recharge. He seems to have hit a wall mentally.
I wonder what conversations between uncle Toni and FAA are like. The youngster doesn’t seem to be toughening up in the way I expected under Toni. It might be that their relationship isn’t a good fit? They’ve given it two years now, but Felix is only showing results that you’d expect him to, even without Toni on the team..

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos have withdrawn from Monte Carlo. Rafa is still not back to full health and Carlos is feeling “physical discomfort.”

Side note, when Djoker wins this, his fans will conveniently forget who is absent. When Djokovic himself chooses to be absent from a tournament, his fans inconveniently remind us to stick an asterisk beside the name of the champion…
WOW. That's sad news today.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder what conversations between uncle Toni and FAA are like. The youngster doesn’t seem to be toughening up in the way I expected under Toni. It might be that their relationship isn’t a good fit? They’ve given it two years now, but Felix is only showing results that you’d expect him to, even without Toni on the team..
Interesting Post. Felix played absolutely Brilliant at RG and AO 2022.. A couple of lucky bounces of the ball and FAA could have been a 2 time GS champion. I think something has went wrong at the GSs since which I feel is between Felix's ears . Maybe it's the primary coach that needs to go and Toni needs to be promoted to primary or switch their roles . Remember Felix had an absolute brilliant post US open campaign on the European hard courts.. Just my two cents worth. @El Dude your three cents worth

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting Post. Felix played absolutely Brilliant at RG and AO 2022.. A couple of lucky bounces of the ball and FAA could have been a 2 time GS champion. I think something has went wrong at the GSs since which I feel is between Felix's ears . Maybe it's the primary coach that needs to go and Toni needs to be promoted to primary or switch their roles . Remember Felix had an absolute brilliant post US open campaign on the European hard courts.. Just my two cents worth. @El Dude your three cents worth
I think it’s more than a couple of lucky bounces but yeah, it’s a good point - maybe give Toni more control and see how that goes. I think he’s more committed to the Rafa foundation though. I dunno, I just see Felix as a nice bloke who does well, but doesn’t have the fire to truly express that great talent he has..

Status
Not open for further replies.