2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Has anyone noticed that Benoit Paire, the ultimate in throwing matches, has won his first round match in Mexico? My goodness, I never thought it was going to snow in Florida ( well with global warming) it could happen. But back to Benoit (lol) he won his match and is into the second round, of a 130K Challenger in Puerto Vallarta. Anyone else been there? I have, great place to have a drink and look at attractive people (depending on your preference, we won't go there) but I loved it and I would go again. Go Benoit!

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Jensen Brooksby has withdrawn from Miami Masters he will be replaced by Thiago Monteiro
Okay, this may not be a popular opinion but Brooksby is a cranky, spoled little brat, who, needs to be smacked around by his parents. Oh, did I say, that? Excuse me moderators, I apologize, please don't ban me. My apology is sincere, but he is a brat.

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay, this may not be a popular opinion but Brooksby is a cranky, spoled little brat, who, needs to be smacked around by his parents. Oh, did I say, that? Excuse me moderators, I apologize, please don't ban me. My apology is sincere, but he is a brat.
Regardless of being a brat, his injury woes continue, after having surgery on his wrist today, having to withdraw from tournaments previously due to his wrist injury, though I know of other younger players currently on the Tour, whose parents did not, say, bring them into line as children :)

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He's not alone, but I've seen worse! I just dislike his carriage of "Jim Courier," needing to play w/ so much passion & enthusiasm is exhausting! :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
There is a change in the Eisenhower Cup, doubles tonight at IW
Emma Raducanu has withdrawn and Paula Badosa will replace her, will partner Cam Norrie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A Year after banning Russian and Belarusian players from the All England Club following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Wimbledon has lifted the ban for 2023.
The players will continue under neutral flags and will be ejected from the tournament if they voice any support for the Russian President Vladimir Putin ( there was a suggestion players would have to sign a declaration, that they do not support President Putin ).
Source via The Dail Mail UK

Clare Balding will lead the BBC's live television coverage of Wimbledon from this Summer, she takes over from Sue Barker, who retired in 2022 after 30 years.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP Finals will be played in Italy until at least 2025,
ATP CEO Andrea Gaudenzi said,
" There are 3 more editions to go, we'll start discussing at board level in the 1st half of next year.It's premature, we haven't talked about it.Early next year we'll start discussing the future".

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A Year after banning Russian and Belarusian players from the All England Club following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Wimbledon has lifted the ban for 2023.
The players will continue under neutral flags and will be ejected from the tournament if they voice any support for the Russian President Vladimir Putin ( there was a suggestion players would have to sign a declaration, that they do not support President Putin ).
Source via The Dail Mail UK

Clare Balding will lead the BBC's live television coverage of Wimbledon from this Summer, she takes over from Sue Barker, who retired in 2022 after 30 years.
So finally they come to realize it was all a mistake. They could have allowed them the last year under neutral flag, players wouldn't mind most likely and they could have points earned as well.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Patrick McEnroe takes on a newly created role within the organization as President of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
With a focus on relationships and partnerships, Patrick will work across the tennis community to expand the reach of the ITHF.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So finally they come to realize it was all a mistake. They could have allowed them the last year under neutral flag, players wouldn't mind most likely and they could have points earned as well.
I think that point stripping by the tennis bodies was eye opening and they don't want to see that happen again. Besides, it was a slap in the face that a Russian born woman went on to win the thing in the 1st place.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, I think they realized it was a mistake before it even happened, but couldn't seem to walk it back. The blame lies squarely on the AELTC.
I think that point stripping by the tennis bodies was eye opening and they don't want to see that happen again. Besides, it was a slap in the face that a Russian born woman went on to win the thing in the 1st place.
They're hoping that no one notices that they've changed the policy, even though the war still goes on. Rybakina winning exposed their failed attempt at a statement.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That was my first reaction as well, the next tournament for Thiem as far as I know is Miami where he has received a wild card
Domi wouldn't cut mustard there either. To me the challengers are more competitive. He's actually had chances to win some of these matches, but just not confident enough to play the right shot on the right point, using more margin, etc.

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.