2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No Tossip their arrangement was for 3 months to begin with, then they decided to go another 3 months, it was never long term
Ok... wow didn't know.Patrick is being dropped by everyone though.Tsitsipas dropped him too.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok... wow didn't know.Patrick is being dropped by everyone though.Tsitsipas dropped him too.
Well Tsitsipas still trains at Patricks academy when Daddy isnt around lol!, Rune is still going to train at Patrick's academy.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if Roig will go back to Rafa's coaching team after he parted ways with Sloane Stephens?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Juan Martin de Potro hasn't plated a tennis match in more than a year and spends much of his time with a Pro Padel League team in Miami, but he is hoping for one final hurrah at this year's US Open.
" My goal is to be ready to play an official match in the tournament. I don't know if I will be 100% or not but, at least, if my last tennis match ever has to be this year, I wan't it to be at the US Open" the 34 year old said.
"Juan Martin is a true favorite of US Open fans" tournament director Stacey Allaster said. " He is a tremendous, yet gracious, competitor and we would be thrilled for this former champion to join us at this year's tournament"
Via The Tennis Letter

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominic Thiem comes through with a win today over Shelton in Estoril. I am sure the little experience Shelton has on clay played a part in his loss, but at this rate I am sure Thiem will take any win he can get. Shelton shouldn't be discouraged, he's still so young and so much time to improve.
I was watching the match, I am glad Ben is playing clay, with no experience on it, actually his kicker serve and fhand with more experience on the clay could be quite lethal. This is the first time Thiem has won 2 matches back to back, in 7 months, he still has a long way to go, he hopes to qualify for RG? Thiem will play the winner of RBA - Halys next

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Frenchman Quentin Halys defeated Thiem 61 64, in Estoril Open, Dom competed better in the 2nd set, still Dom is not consistent enough at this level, he is was subpar today, his serving let him down, this was the first tournament in 7 months he has won back to back matches, Halys deserved his win, played flawless tennis and this will be his first SF on the tour.

Ruud getting his first back to back wins this season at Estoril Open, defeating defending champion Baez in the QFs 63 60

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
SFs set at Estoril Open tomorrow
M. Ceccinato vs M. Kecmanovic
C.Ruud vs Q.Halys..........Ruud really needs to win this tournament, his season so far has been subpar, this is his favorite surface, I read the other day, he said looking back at the end of last year, going on the exhibition tour with Nadal, left him no time for some rest, before the new 2023 season, he came home and had little time before he had to begin training for 2023.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Estoril Open SF
M. Kecmanovic d M. Cecchinato 63 61
C.Ruud d Q.Halys 64 36 76(2)
Final,
M. Kecmanovic vs C.Ruud, Kecmanovic has not dropped a set to the final ( forgot to add Kecmanovic has also made the doubles final)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
C.Ruud won his 10th ATP tour title and his first title of the season defeating Kecmanovic 62 76(3) at the Estoril Open
Ruud will be back to #4 when the rankings come out on Monday, he has a lot of points to defend now during the clay season

Carlos Ramos umpired his last career match today, got a big ovation from the crowd.
"I'm from Portugal, I love Portugal and I love the Estoril Open:".

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carlos Ramos umpired his last career match today, got a big ovation from the crowd.
"I'm from Portugal, I love Portugal and I love the Estoril Open:".
Sad news! I always thought Ramos was a very good umpire, and also a bit of a dish.
%22Sorry,_wrong_number.%22_(19509842541)_(cropped).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.