2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I warned you. He looks so unwell he doesn't look like himself. Anyway, Paul wins it in the TB.
Fritz was my pick to win this tournament he played well until the SF, must be crook, tummy bug that made him throw up

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex De Minaur v Holger Rune SF match will start next around midnight in Acapulco? Hmmmmm.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alex De Minaur v Holger Rune SF match will start next around midnight in Acapulco? Hmmmmm.
The Spanish-speaking countries tend to be late-night types. They only had a few matches today, but went for the evening start. Players are entertainers, so they have to go with it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Spanish-speaking countries tend to be late-night types. They only had a few matches today, but went for the evening start. Players are entertainers, so they have to go with it.
I suppose so, the crowd loves tennis at Acapulco tennis, that is for sure

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andrea Petkovic calling this match for Tennis Channel. It took me a while to recognize her, and I hadn't realized she'd retired. I liked her as a player. Too many injuries, I guess. She's really appealing as a commentator. Whoever the guy is with her is completely vanilla.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andrea Petkovic calling this match for Tennis Channel. It took me a while to recognize her, and I hadn't realized she'd retired. I like her as a player. Too many injuries, I guess. She's really appealing as a commentator.
Yes she has been doing a great job as a commentator, sad to say injuries cut short her career

Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
De Minaur does well to get out of his service game, with 2 DFs in a row. Rune makes 2 terrible challenges, the last one so risible that Bernardes doesn't even allow it, saving Holger from himself. Now things get salty, with Rune serving at 3-4, and De Minaur going straight at the angelic Rune for having gone at him earlier in the match.

• Wow
Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Slight momentum shift after that tough hold from Alex 2 games ago. He held easily in this one, for 5-4. And the angel on Rune's shoulder seems to be losing the battle, a bit, with the devil on his other one. I feel we're going 3. It seemed to be all Rune until about 15 minutes ago.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Slight momentum shift after that tough hold from Alex 2 games ago. He held easily in this one, for 5-4. And the angel on Rune's shoulder seems to be losing the battle, a bit, with the devil on his other one. I feel we're going 3. It seemed to be all Rune until about 15 minutes ago.
Rune has more weapons than Alex, in saying that Alex will fight for every point and will chase down any ball

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune has more weapons than Alex, in saying that Alex will fight for every point and will chase down any ball
Agreed. Everyone expects Rune to win this match, I think, but Alex will at least make it rough for him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed. Everyone expects Rune to win this match, I think, but Alex will at least make it rough for him.
I think this is their first meeting as well, agreed Alex makes life difficult for most players he meets

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think this is their first meeting as well, agreed Alex makes life difficult for most players he meets
It's his strongest quality. And Rune plays a poor game, Alex a good one, and on to a 3rd set we go. Tommy Paul will be happy about that.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's his strongest quality. And Rune plays a poor game, Alex a good one, and on to a 3rd set we go. Tommy Paul will be happy about that.
You were correct here we go into a 3rd set, Paul I feel will have to take a 'ice bath' after his match lol!anyway it is 2am in Acapuclo :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now Rune is about to cramp.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
De Minaur tends to be very fit...I don't think he's going to cramp.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now Rune is about to cramp.
Conditions high in humidity, can make your cramp, though as a athlete you should prepare before, drinking lots of water, salt tablets, etc coaches should also prepare their players as well, or advise them

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Conditions high in humidity, can make your cramp, though as a athlete you should prepare before, drinking lots of water, salt tablets, etc coaches should also prepare their players as well, or advise them
It's painful to watch Rune right now. He even did the underhand serve. He's really suffering. It came on very suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.