2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev confirmed he is working with a mental coach again,
"I do work on my mental side. Last year I was without a mental coach. But I work a lot with my tennis coach on this.Now I am again with a mental coach".
Chap hasn’t been the same since Rafa forced him over the edge of a cliff in Australia…

:popcorn

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Chap hasn’t been the same since Rafa forced him over the edge of a cliff in Australia…

Agree, he has finally woken up and has gone back to his former 'mental coach'
I must say watching him in the final against Novak he has found his 'swagger again, going for 3 on a trot in finals

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Very true Mr Kieran.. I have Rafa's chase down of Daniil at AO 2022 as the greatest "chase down " in history( even ahead of Lendl's chase down of Mac in 84) because matches was very significant in changing the calculus of both Rafa's and Ivan's careers. Think about it.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Very true Mr Kieran.. I have Rafa's chase down of Daniil at AO 2022 as the greatest "chase down " in history( even ahead of Lendl's chase down of Mac in 84) because matches was very significant in changing the calculus of both Rafa's and Ivan's careers. Think about it.
Danii should take heart though - he’s been in two epic finals against Rafa. But he seems a soul and prone to introspection. I’m sure they all have dark nights but he went seriously gloomy in his presser in Oz. I thought he was able to binge a Cadburys crème egg or something, he looked so flattened…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least now I can re-watch that AO final between Rafa and Meddy...'with no suffering for 5 hours :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I love watching the highlights of that one. I love the USO final as well..
My preference is AO 2020 final because the USO seems like Rafa was beginning to run out of gas.. you know what I mean.. The AO final was frustrating but entertaining because Rafa ability to problem solve to turn the match around.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's safe to say that Meddy prefers to sweep his opponents. When things get tough and he becomes sort of frustrated in a heat of the moment, he tends to lose his focus.
I think he's game for the fight, but he knows he has to focus down when he plays Novak. I'm trying to zero in on what it is about his game that is troubling for Novak. They hit a lot of long rallies, each willing to paint the lines, where their games look rather similar. Hitting flat, and both looking for their moment. Medvedev does make tricky changes, for sure. But why does he bother Novak, even if just sometimes?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My preference is AO 2020 final because the USO seems like Rafa was beginning to run out of gas.. you know what I mean.. The AO final was frustrating but entertaining because Rafa ability to problem solve to turn the match around.
I agree. At the USO, Rafa should have been in the locker room after the 3rd set. The AO was a real nail-biter.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Eisenhower Cup Mixed Doubles exhibition is on Tuesday March 7th at Indian Wells at 7.15pm
One Night, first team to win ten point tie break wins, it will go on a elimination basis. First prize is $200,000. All proceeds will benefit local charitable organizations.Parking is free.
Doubles Teams,
Belinda Bencic/Stan Wawrinka
Leylah Fernandez / FAA
Ons Jabeur/ Casper Ruud
Jess Pegula/ Tommy Paul
Emma Raducanu/ Cameron Norrie
Aryna Sabalenka/Taylor Fritz
Maria Sakkari/Stefanos Tsitsipas
Iga Swiatek/ Hubert Hurkacz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got home.......wow what a match between Fritz and Paul
5 all in the final set 30 all, Tommy Paul serving deuce now, Paul holds saving 4 BPs and 6-5 and Fritz will serve to force a t/breaker
Both players can hardly move lol! this match has been going on for over 3 hours. level is low from both players quite frankly
T/break for the 3rd and final set
BP Conversion Paul 1/8 and Fritz 1/8 in the 3rd set, well at least it is even:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just got home.......wow what a match between Fritz and Paul
5 all in the final set 30 all, Tommy Paul serving deuce now, Paul holds saving 4 BPs and 6-5 and Fritz will serve to force a t/breaker
Both players can hardly move lol! this match has been going on for over 3 hours. level is low from both players quite frankly
T/break for the 3rd and final set
BP Conversion Paul 1/8 and Fritz 1/8
Now there's cramping, puking. at least it will be over soon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paul defeats Fritz 63 67(2) 76(2) to make the final at Acapulco.........weird long match over 3 hours, had everything full of Drama. cramping, throwing up.....he will play the winner of Rune v De Minaur

This was the longest match in the history at Acapulco

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.