2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meddy's game plan was great today well done Meddy and welcome back to tennis!
That is 13 on the trot for Meddy, the second longest winning streak of his career ( I guess he did not like to be outside the Top 10 for long lol )
Meddy W 20 UFE 12 compared to Novak W 26 UFE 38, I feel at times Novak was trying too hard to be aggressive which resulted in a UFE

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Medvedev and his fans for the win and congratulations to Djokovic and his fans for actually winning 8 games in total, much more than I thought he would. :thumbs-up::lol6:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Matteo Berrettini has a right leg injury and is doubtful for IW. Berretini retired in his QF match yesterday in Acapulco
When was the last time Matteo was actually healthy? :angry-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's only the beginning of March, these are the current withdrawals from IW main draw list,

Nadal, Kyrgios, Cilic, Korda, Goffin, Bonzi, Brooksby, Moutet, Opelka, Edmund

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This looked like the USO final all over again, where Meddy executed gameplan from start to finish relentlessly.
If Novak can bleed Daniil's game can kill him on the court.

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_124219.gif
    IMG_20230303_124219.gif
    198.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Meddy is out-Novaking Djoke. He is a wall out there in lockdown mode. Answering every question Djoke has and putting every ball back in play. Let's see if he serves it out.

Medvedev's the only player that really concerns me when it comes to Djokovic! He has "that thing" like Murray or Wawrinka who sneak a win or 2 out of 10 matches! When Novak going for his CYGS in 2021, I well said "Medvedev needs to be upset!" Djokovic wasn't even in that match at the USO! :astonished-face: :sneezing-face::angry-face::fearful-face:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev's the only player that really concerns me when it comes to Djokovic! He has "that thing" like Murray or Wawrinka who sneak a win or 2 out of 10 matches! When Novak going for his CYGS in 2021, I well said "Medvedev needs to be upset!" Djokovic wasn't even in that match at the USO! :astonished-face: :sneezing-face::angry-face::fearful-face:

giphy.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This looked like the USO final all over again, where Meddy executed gameplan from start to finish relentlessly.
I was thinking the same. Very disciplined performance...not something you can always say about him. :)

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I was thinking the same. Very disciplined performance...not something you can always say about him. :)
I know right? It's like after that AO final last year, he just went away mentally and became some scrub from the challengers tour. It took him dropping out of the top 10 before he overcame his identity crisis.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was right with a hunch that Meddy looks ready to take Novak down. Novak broke him once in a 1st set, but apart from that there was not a single BP offered to him for the rest of the match. It's hard to beat an opponent when he is so focused and Meddy knew if he let his guard down that he would be vulnerable.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was right with a hunch that Meddy looks ready to take Novak down. Novak broke him once in a 1st set, but apart from that there was not a single BP offered to him for the rest of the match. It's hard to beat an opponent when he is so focused and Meddy knew if he let his guard down that he would be vulnerable.
Plus the fact Novak produced too many ufe, going for too much at times, though Meddy is a player that forces you to do that.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I saw where the match was going & turned away periodically! Med played well, I won't take away his victory, but we saw a lot of Nole UFE's! :fearful-face:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's safe to say that Meddy prefers to sweep his opponents. When things get tough and he becomes sort of frustrated in a heat of the moment, he tends to lose his focus.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw where the match was going & turned away periodically! Med played well, I won't take away his victory, but we saw a lot of Nole UFE's! :fearful-face:
Novak was playing with a target on his back. He escaped narrowly some previous meetings with Meddy, so russian showed up determined today to change the flow in their h2h with 4 matches losing streak. He is equally good player on HC when in form, can't expect him to lose every match against Novak. He is not in a same basket as a certain greek guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.