2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t think they ever played practice sets, which I saw Carlos do with Novak, and lose it 7-6. I think Carlos team seen less savvy than Uncle Toni was, with regards to this stuff, and a few other things. I always liked the way Rafa played down his chances before a match then fought like a tiger during it. Carlos does seem to want to be seen as already being alongside those great players - and maybe he will be someday - but he should fixate on each match as it comes instead, imo…
Is Carlos being too naive practicing with the enemy? At THIS point Novak is the supreme chessmaster in his career. It's not the same as practice with the Nadal Academy in the past..Just an observation.

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ah shit! Just looking at that now, it doesn’t sound good, poor woman.

I remember Pete was a six inch putt to win the USO in 1999, he’d played the greatest performance I’ve ever seen at Wimbledon, beating Agassi, then he went on a tear across the hard courts in North America, beating Agassi twice more in straights, Krajicek - who’d beaten him 4 times in a row - and defending USO champ Rafter, both in straights as well (I’m looking these up now to refresh my memory) and the day before the USO he was practicing with Kuerten and hurt his back.

He’d have finished that season #1 as well, I’m sure of it, he was so lit up. But the good news is that wherever he went to recover, he met his future wife. Classy, classy man, no fuss, no controversies, the perfect package as a tennis champ.

I hope his wife gets better but it’s terrible news, and the fact that he’s opened up about it doesn’t sound great. I hope I’m wrong!
I'm praying for Pete and his family. God Bless

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Carlos being too naive practicing with the enemy? At THIS point Novak is the supreme chessmaster in his career. It's not the same as practice with the Nadal Academy in the past..Just an observation.
I think so, especially if he’s trying too hard out there with him. Novak is great at absorbing information, and I reckon he’ll have come away from the practice with more benefit than Carlos did..

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think so, especially if he’s trying too hard out there with him. Novak is great at absorbing information, and I reckon he’ll have come away from the practice with more benefit than Carlos did..
Agreed, Absorbing information and processing new data is what Novak is a genius..Roger and Rafa are at the same level but their bodies no longer allowed them to transfer that to the tennis courts currently.. The way Novak took apart Daniil at the USO was pure genius and he deserves the current GOAT status for "everything" he has done thus far to achieve his mantel.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed, Absorbing information and processing new data is what Novak is a genius..Roger and Rafa are at the same level but their bodies no longer allowed them to transfer that to the tennis courts currently.. The way Novak took apart Daniil at the USO was pure genius and he deserves the current GOAT status for "everything" he has done thus far to achieve his mantel.
Well, if you're saying he's the best player in the world right now, I agree. And yeah, the Big 3 have always had alert tennis intelligence. Great at figuring out problems on court, and reading their opponent. Carlos is still young, he'll improve, but sometimes characteristics of the young player become their Achilles heel when they're older. Novak was similar in different ways when he was 20, so it's too early to criticise Carlos...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I was trying to catch my breath after watching Meddy and Sinner watch the 2nd set TB in FAA and Hubi match

FAA finds his form to defend his title in Basel defeating Hubi 76(3) 76(5), quite frankly at the start of the week it was totally unexpected
Saves his ranking as well ( stays in the top 20)
Loved the smile on FAA's face after he won:)
Confidence is the best antidote to a horrible season of early rounds losses.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Winning a fall exhibition tournament isn't going to be enough to convince me that Felix is back. Felix performed well last fall. He's going to have to prove it in January, when the tournaments start to matter.
In fairness, the Swiss indoors is a 500, but yeah, it’s a good result for him but he needs to show that willing in more meaningful events too…

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alexander Zverev has been issued a penalty order fro bodily harm against his former girl friend and fines 450,000 euros by a German court.Zverev has objected to the penalty order, meaning it will likely go to public trial ( source The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com)

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The FTF plans to name a news captain to fill the vacancy left by Sebastien Grosjean before the end of this weekend's Rolex Paris Masters.Grosjean stepped down from his post last month, to focus solely on coaching French player Arthur Fils.
Ugo Humert favors Jo Wilfried Tsonga to take over as French Davis Cup Captain because of his experience and knowledge

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Did anyone see the instagram video where Radek is touchy touchy with Korda's gf,and she seemed to like it.Its really cringey and just hope she is not already sleeping with him.Korda seem like a softie.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The ATP is in discussions with Saudi Arabia to stage a new season-opening Masters from 2025.Could mean the end of the United Cup as it would finish only one week before the Australian Open. Will not be well received Down Under. Talks to follow in Turin.
Source ( Stuart Fraser, Tennis correspondent, The Times)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The ATP is in discussions with Saudi Arabia to stage a new season-opening Masters from 2025.Could mean the end of the United Cup as it would finish only one week before the Australian Open. Will not be well received Down Under. Talks to follow in Turin.
Source ( Stuart Fraser, Tennis correspondent, The Times)
A tenth masters series event, in Saudi Arabia? It’s incredible the way the world is, that sports people are bending over backwards for a horrific place like Saudi Arabia…

Reactions: Moxie and lomaha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Did anyone see the instagram video where Radek is touchy touchy with Korda's gf,and she seemed to like it.Its really cringey and just hope she is not already sleeping with him.Korda seem like a softie.
Are you saying that the young American should be fearful of the WTA serial bedder Radek aka da WORM! Jajaja

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A tenth masters series event, in Saudi Arabia? It’s incredible the way the world is, that sports people are bending over backwards for a horrific place like Saudi Arabia…
Agree, there are some tennis players, (men) have no problem going there for a tournament, money talks, I will be interested to hear the outcome if any, of the ongoing talks in Turin this year
BTW The ATP has the next Gen Finals in Jeddah soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Are you saying that the young American should be fearful of the WTA serial bedder Radek aka da WORM! Jajaja
Lol..he better watch out because Worm was touching the gf inappropriately,and she seemed to be enjoying the fondling .Korda should dump Stepanek before he breaks his heart.Worm is a cold heartless mf...

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher
Status
Not open for further replies.