Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Swiss Indoors, Basel, SF matches,
Saturday October 28,
H.Hurkacz (4) vs U.Humbert
H.Rune (1) vs WC (6) Felix Augar-Aliassime
These are both compelling matches, to me. Hurkacz is sturdy, but Humbert is young and up-and-coming. Rune and FAA both relatively young with lots to prove, and neither particularly trending. :popcorn

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vienna SFs, Saturday October 28,

D.Medvedev (1) vs S. Tsitsipas (4)
J.Sinner (2) vs A.Rublev (3)

For the first time since 1994, all the 4 top seeds made the SFs in Vienna
My preference would be a Medvedev v. Sinner final. Anyone but the pouty Greek.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These are both compelling matches, to me. Hurkacz is sturdy, but Humbert is young and up-and-coming. Rune and FAA both relatively young with lots to prove, and neither particularly trending. :popcorn
Actually Rune and FAA were lucky in their matches to get to the SFa, Rune had a dead net cord and then Tomas Martin DF in the t/break to give him the match in 3 sets, Shevchenko served for the match, FAA suffered leg cramps later in the match, which finished after Midnight, he will have to serve better if he has a chance in the SF, his opponent I thought froze when it mattered serving for the match and then played an awful TB

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Quite the match between Rublev and Sinner. Rublev seemed to be poised to take each of the 2 sets, but Sinner kept his head, and kind of stole each one, and won in straights. Good match. Sinner v. Medvedev final, then.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Quite the match between Rublev and Sinner. Rublev seemed to be poised to take each of the 2 sets, but Sinner kept his head, and kind of stole each one, and won in straights. Good match. Sinner v. Medvedev final, then.
Yep Sinner had to dig deep to win that match, Rublev played well, though I feel he wastes too much 'emotional energy in matches, I have a stream now for the FAA v Rune match, FAA has a early break

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
  • Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice stat fro Jannik Sinner, after defeating Rublev in the SF in Vienna, he now holds the outright record for most wins by an Italian player in a single season in the Open Era.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,

Felix played the best first set of tennis I have seen him play for sometime, he has to keep up his first serve percentage, as I mentioned yesterday if he has a chance to win this match against Rune.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm still SMH! I saw the tail end on slow-mo, but Medvedev wasn't even given a warning! WTF? If this was Novak, it would lead the sports news!:slap:
It WAS in the sports news, but let's face it, Medvedev isn't as news-worthy as Novak. If the ball was deemed to have been hit within the context of play, which it must have been, since he didn't get ejected, then he didn't deserve a warning. If he had deserved a warning, then he would have deserved to be ejected. That's just logical.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA d Rune 63 62. Last year Felix defeated Rune in the Basel Final, this year he defeats him to reach his first final in 1 year
1st Top 10 win in a year for FAA!
Rune to me is still very raw as a player, he can play every shot, defend as well as attack, he has to find the balance/improve his decision making, this goes in hand with his physical issues.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vienna Final, Sunday 29th October
D. Medvedev (1) vs J.Sinner (2) H2H Medvedev 6-1

Swiss Indoors Final, Basel, Sunday 29th October,
H.Hurkacz (4) vs WC FAA (6) H2H FAA 2-1

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner and Rublev could once again meet in the QF at Paris Masters.

Depending on the results after the final tomorrow, Sinner will either have 275 or 475 points lead over Rublev for the number 4 ranking.

Sinner is only defending 10 points for the rest of the year as he did not qualify at Turin in 2022.

Meanwhile, Rublev is defending 490 points (90 pts at Paris Masters and 400 points at Turin).

The reason I am stating all of these is because either one of them has a great opportunity to be seeded 4th at the 2024 Australian Open. Being seeded 4th at AO means that either Sinner or Rublev avoids Djokovic, Alcaraz and Medvedev until the SF. Knowing the history of Sinner and Rublev at Slam QFs, both players really need a draw break at a Slam.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,

Felix played the best first set of tennis I have seen him play for sometime, he has to keep up his first serve percentage, as I mentioned yesterday if he has a chance to win this match against Rune.
I didn't get to see it my friend but thanks for the heads up..do you think he can beat Double H

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
IDK how he did it, but Sinner "stole" the 1st set from Medvedev! Both are just whacking away down the middle of the court before trying to outright hit a winner from the baseline! They're gassed, breathing hard after every point which tends to be some grueling tennis! :face-with-head-bandage: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner and Medvedev are so overrated, it's not even funny. I bet you the media is going to continue the overhype by writing about how grueling their match was. I'm not even worried because I know the truth, and that Ben Shelton is clearly going to be better than both in one year's time.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner and Medvedev are so overrated, it's not even funny. I bet you the media is going to continue the overhype by writing about how grueling their match was. I'm not even worried because I know the truth, and that Ben Shelton is clearly going to be better than both in one year's time.
You’re great at predictions, I’ll give you that. None of them have come through so far, but that doesn’t stop you. Ben is on the up, and all young players on the Up experience a slight fall off for a while where we really get to know them…

Status
Not open for further replies.