2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised with this news,
Andy Murray has split with Ivan Lendl after an unsuccessful third stint.Murray will continue to work with Mark Hilton and Jonny O'Mara.

Andy Murray, Grigor Dimitrov and Holger Rune have confirmed to play at the Brisbane International ATP250 starting December 31
Sir Andy has a serial bromance with Lendl , they're be back together by Wimbledon

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Draper has a good all round game, though his body breaks down, he really needs to get a top trainer, as he wont go far withdrawing from tournaments
Jack has made the final at Sofia will play Mannarino, 2 lefties:)
Yep. Another favorite of mine Ugo Humbert will be playing the final of the Moselle Open - I guess it’s his hometown? He completely neutralized Fognini in the semifinal 6-0, 6-2. He may have had some nerves at the beginning, but he didn‘t show it. He’s another guy that’s oft injured. What is it with lefties??

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep. Another favorite of mine Ugo Humbert will be playing the final of the Moselle Open - I guess it’s his hometown? He completely neutralized Fognini in the semifinal 6-0, 6-2. He may have had some nerves at the beginning, but he didn‘t show it. He’s another guy that’s oft injured. What is it with lefties?
No idea, I honestly feel it comes down to the body composite of a player, left or right handed, being left handed they do have an advantage of natural spin and can strategically serve wide to a right's bhand during crucial points, for example, clay and grass do add variables to the their game.( btw I am a proud lefty)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adrian Mannarino continues his good 2023 season at 35 yo winning a 3rd title of the year in Sofia, defeating Jack Draper 76(6) 26 63
Draper is going to the DC Finals with very high levels of confidence.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ugo Humbert caps off a great week defeating Shevchenko in the Moselle Open final in Metz 63 63, for his 4th career title. He will finish the season as the No 1 Frenchman and will make his Top 20 debut on Monday!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ugo Humbert caps off a great week defeating Shevchenko in the Moselle Open final in Metz 63 63, for his 4th career title. He will finish the season as the No 1 Frenchman and will make his Top 20 debut on Monday!
Did you watch the match? Ugo totally had his game face on.. Went out there and played his match. Hoping he has a breakout year next year and remains injury free. (Wish the same for Jack Draper)

Meanwhile Ugo’s hometown had a band playing old songs in between changeovers. It was like whiplash between modern day tennis and a movie from the 1950’s!! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did you watch the match? Ugo totally had his game face on.. Went out there and played his match. Hoping he has a breakout year next year and remains injury free. (Wish the same for Jack Draper)

Meanwhile Ugo’s hometown had a band playing old songs in between changeovers. It was like whiplash between modern day tennis and a movie from the 1950’s!! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Yes I watched the match, 2 Frenchman winning titles, good to see Mannarino winning as well, he has had a steady year. Ugo has a good game, so hopefully 2024 he can continue, he caps off the year being in the Top 20 as from Monday and the No 1 Frenchman!

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
IMG_4843.png

It was nice to see Novak sitting for a visit with his former coach and Holger.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paul-Henri Matthieu was named France's Davis Cup Captain on Friday and he'll lead the men's national tennis team at next year's Olympics in Paris.Matthieu replaces Sebastien Grosjean, who was in charge for 4 years but left his position to coach 19 year old Arthur Fils.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not great news for GRB Davis Cup team, another player is out with injury, Andy Murray has suffered a minor shoulder injury in practice earlier this week and wont be fit in time for Thursday's QF match against Serbia.
News just in Liam Brody will replace Murray.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Paul-Henri Matthieu was named France's Davis Cup Captain on Friday and he'll lead the men's national tennis team at next year's Olympics in Paris.Matthieu replaces Sebastien Grosjean, who was in charge for 4 years but left his position to coach 19 year old Arthur Fils.
So they didn't pick Jo Willy?

• Angry
Reactions: the AntiPusher
Status
Not open for further replies.