2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
A tenth masters series event, in Saudi Arabia? It’s incredible the way the world is, that sports people are bending over backwards for a horrific place like Saudi Arabia…

Oh good! That'll help facillitate my slow WD of watching tennis on TV! As a Sr. I've already given up on GOLF after that fiasco w/ the Saudi Tour & subsequent merge! It's one of the reason I can be stumped when Dubai event is going on! I haven't dealt w/ Qatar since Djokovic defeated Murray in 2017! I've always called tournaments in the Middle East glorified exhibitions & refuse to deal w/ sponsors so soaked in blood $$! I suppose all we need now is for the Saudis to finance an expansion of the NFL! The Jags played back to back games in London last month! The SB Chp. KC Chiefs competed in Germany against The Dolphins Sunday! Never been into Soccer so already off my "must see" list going back decades! Baseball's boring AF & been off my radar since my White Sox won in 2005! I didn't even watch Cubs win theirs a decade later in 2016! Basketball is something to watch when nothing else is on! I hate that it's all about money with these guys! It's obscene the $$ being tossed around for unhappy malcontents who couldn't GAF about winning as much as making a fast several million! :astonished-face: :yawningface: :fearful-face: :angry-face:

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh good! That'll help facillitate my slow WD of watching tennis on TV! As a Sr. I've already given up on GOLF after that fiasco w/ the Saudi Tour & subsequent merge! It's one of the reason I can be stumped when Dubai event is going on! I haven't dealt w/ Qatar since Djokovic defeated Murray in 2017! I've always called tournaments in the Middle East glorified exhibitions & refuse to deal w/ sponsors so soaked in blood $$! I suppose all we need now is for the Saudis to finance an expansion of the NFL! The Jags played back to back games in London last month! The SB Chp. KC Chiefs competed in Germany against The Dolphins Sunday! Never been into Soccer so already off my "must see" list going back decades! Baseball's boring AF & been off my radar since my White Sox won in 2005! I didn't even watch Cubs win theirs a decade later in 2016! Basketball is something to watch when nothing else is on! I hate that it's all about money with these guys! It's obscene the $$ being tossed around for unhappy malcontents who couldn't GAF about winning as much as making a fast several million! :astonished-face: :yawningface: :fearful-face: :angry-face:
I haven’t watched or cared about Dubai they refused to allow Shahar Peer enter the country - and none of the players withdrew in support. Not Rafa, Roger, not the WS, nobody. It was the most egregious example of racism in modern tennis history and they all went along with it..

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The draw ceremony of the ATP Finals in Turin will take place on Thursday 9 November at 3pm CET

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First announcement for Laver Cup, Berlin, September 20-22 in 2024, from Team Captain, Bjorn Borg, Carlos Alcaraz will join Team Europe.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dallas, Munich,Doha will be upgraded from ATO250s to ATP500s starting in 2025
ATP will be getting rid of Alanta, Lyon and Newport starting in 2025 ( via ATP Tour)

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dallas, Munich,Doha will be upgraded from ATO250s to ATP500s starting in 2025
ATP will be getting rid of Alanta, Lyon and Newport starting in 2025 ( via ATP Tour)
Oh No.. that's gonna be a crushing blow to the tennis haven of Atlanta.. I think Atlanta has one of the country's top memberships in tennis leagues. That's a huge blow.. Hopefully they will reconsider like they did in Cincy instead of North Carolina for the Western Southern.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh No.. that's gonna be a crushing blow to the tennis haven of Atlanta.. I think Atlanta has one of the country's top memberships in tennis leagues. That's a huge blow.. Hopefully they will reconsider like they did in Cincy instead of North Carolina for the Western Southern.
I am also amazed why they are getting rid of the tournament in Lyon it is a very popular tournament fans wise, my cousins who live in Paris usually attend the tournament in Lyon, which has some wonderful restaurants, which I can vouch for :)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This really happened? Is it on video?
Yes..saw it on IG.He was standing behind the girl with his arms on her shoulders and the girl was touching him lovingly.Its very creepy and I feel sorry for Korda because it looks like it's going down between the two.Just Google ..Radek and Korda gf..

Reactions: Kieran

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Wednesday afternoon, as I sat down for lunch, I was treated to a really good match where the oft injured Jack Draper was healthy and playing well. He completely frustrated and outplayed Musetti. Jack is a scrapper with some nice weapons and a keen mind. It’s neat to watch him execute his game plan and problem solve on the run. He put enormous pressure on Lorenzo’s backhand until it broke down.

This is a guy who’s fun to watch and if he can stay healthy, I can see him easily into the top 20 next year.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
It was bound to happen. With Toronto and Cincy going to 2 weeks, there just wasn't enough room on the schedule to keep all those tournaments in the summer. Atlanta and Newport just happen to be the ones on the chopping block.

I personally think Atlanta is in the wrong spot. It's way too humid to play there in July. It would do better in March, as a lead in to Miami, especially if the Saudi Masters replaces Indian Wells (Larry Ellison could still sell). In a perfect world, Atlanta is moved to March, the Saudi deal falls apart, and either the Paris Masters or IW is moved to that beginning of the year time slot.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah it’s a bit…ugh..

Brotha. Let's see how long Korda stays with her because if we notice and observe this well his family and friends are bound to have questions. Could another guy get this chumy with your wife or girlfriend if it wasn't her brother or father. Come on.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a very hard drill (the live ball one bounce only allowed drill) that I have rarely seen last this last long.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Brotha. Let's see how long Korda stays with her because if we notice and observe this well his family and friends are bound to have questions. Could another guy get this chumy with your wife or girlfriend if it wasn't her brother or father. Come on.
Yeah, and it’s not even just another guy, it’s a predatory creep, in my opinion. And I know that there are male tennis players who have most likely had more relationships with female players than Rad the Impaler has, but there seems to be something about him that siphons off the essence of what makes these women successful as tennis players, while they’re with him.

Maybe he’s just the Goat of bedtime and he leaves them knackered and begging for more, and fair play to him if he is..

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's too much really. Any way you turn it, Korda is on a losing side here. He better ditch them both and have a fresh start for a new season.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Wednesday afternoon, as I sat down for lunch, I was treated to a really good match where the oft injured Jack Draper was healthy and playing well. He completely frustrated and outplayed Musetti. Jack is a scrapper with some nice weapons and a keen mind. It’s neat to watch him execute his game plan and problem solve on the run. He put enormous pressure on Lorenzo’s backhand until it broke down.

This is a guy who’s fun to watch and if he can stay healthy, I can see him easily into the top 20 next year.
Draper has a good all round game, though his body breaks down, he really needs to get a top trainer, as he wont go far withdrawing from tournaments
Jack has made the final at Sofia will play Mannarino, 2 lefties:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised with this news,
Andy Murray has split with Ivan Lendl after an unsuccessful third stint.Murray will continue to work with Mark Hilton and Jonny O'Mara.

Andy Murray, Grigor Dimitrov and Holger Rune have confirmed to play at the Brisbane International ATP250 starting December 31

Status
Not open for further replies.