2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't watched tennis in the fall the last 2 years (the schedule is horrid). My focus is on football right now (Go Eagles). I'll turn my attention back to tennis in January when the Australian Open comes around.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't watched tennis in the fall the last 2 years (the schedule is horrid). My focus is on football right now (Go Eagles). I'll turn my attention back to tennis in January when the Australian Open comes around.
Let me check to see if @kskate2 is going to open up the NFL picks thread again

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Having the attn. span of a gnat, I'm all over the place! I take multi-tasking to the limits of my feeble Sr. brain! This morning alone I've been switching back & forth w/ NFL games, Skate America on NBC, You-Tube vids on my phone, & texting w/ bud about his Detroit Lions getting mauled by the Ravens! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Just how would you know the attention span of a gnat? You could be selling the gnat short! :thinking-face:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I still need to see Fils prove it in a slam first. Shelton, on the other hand, is well on his way to a Top 5 world ranking with the way he consolidated his US Open result with his performances this fall. I think Fritz and Paul have peaked, but I think they've maxed out their talents. With Tiafoe, it's still a bit early to tell if it's a slump or if he has peaked. Less than six months ago, Tiafoe was in the Top 10 and winning tournaments. The next six months will paint a clearer picture, but I give Tiafoe more of a benefit of the doubt because I believe he is more talented than Fritz and Paul.
For Big T'oe it's both. He's reached his peak so now he's in a slump. He's got nothing to be happy about right now. He got showed up in his home tourney of D.C., didn't defend his USO SF pts and has a really disappointing Fall against some scrubs.

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching matches at the Swiss Indoors,

Good fight back from Rune winning in 3 sets over Kecmanovic 16 75 63,, though his serve is still a problem

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
My son is a big fan of New York Giants and he hates Eagles... I guess you picked a better team lol. He got the interest from one of his teachers who is a fan of Bengals. They really both know how to pick the losers..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev v. Popyrin was a really fun match today, as was Tsitstipas v Thiem. Unfortunately, the Greek prevailed.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Forner world no 33 Jenson Brooksby suspended for 18 months, ITIA found he had committed 3 whereabouts failures, which means he missed 3 drug tests, in a 12 month period
Sanction will be backdated to July 5, 2023, and end on January 4, 2025 ( source Tennis Channel)
Jensen will file an appeal, actually this is similar to Michael Ymer, though Jensen agrees he missed the first and 3rd tests but is disputing the 2nd test.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: kskate2 and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Forner world no 33 Jenson Brooksby suspended for 18 months, ITIA found he had committed 3 whereabouts failures, which means he missed 3 drug tests, in a 12 month period
Sanction will be backdated to July 5, 2023, and end on January 4, 2025 ( source Tennis Channel)
Jensen will file an appeal, actually this is similar to Michael Ymer, though Jensen agrees he missed the first and 3rd tests but is disputing the 2nd test.
Really, this makes me laugh and despair at the same time. I understand that a player might miss the first one through a set of unfortunate circumstances, but after that it’s really like when you get the first points on your driving license: you don’t wait until you’re about to be banned from driving before you start to drive slower. You begin that immediately.

He missed the first test, disputes the second, and accepts the third one?

Chuck him out. He’s either stupid or dirty - or both…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Never saw what you @MargaretMcAleer MM saw in Brooksby..He Always seem like a bit of a dope no pun intended..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really, this makes me laugh and despair at the same time. I understand that a player might miss the first one through a set of unfortunate circumstances, but after that it’s really like when you get the first points on your driving license: you don’t wait until you’re about to be banned from driving before you start to drive slower. You begin that immediately.

He missed the first test, disputes the second, and accepts the third one?

Chuck him out. He’s either stupid or dirty - or both…
Agree, I laughed at first when I read it and then thought to myself 'is he for real'

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In Vienna,
Jannik who played a great TB. went onto win against Ben Shelton 76(2) 75. Ben fatto Jannik!.
Jannik served incredibly well, making over 80% 1st serve, clutch on BP he faced. At 5all in the 2nd set, a BH pass, then struck a FH down the line to break.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good news from Carlos Alcaraz,
Carlos Alcaraz@ carlosalcaraz,
I have good news I am feeling better every day and I will play Paris-Bercy and be in Turin for the ATP Finals.Excited to finish the year on a high.

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Question ❓ has Sir Andy Murray PLAYED against Novak at any point over the past 5-6 years? If not isn't that very odd

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Question ❓ has Sir Andy Murray PLAYED against Novak at any point over the past 5-6 years? If not isn't that very odd
Do I get a Gold Star this time for my investigations?
Answer to your question is No, reason being due to Murray's string of injuries, that last time they played each other was at the Qatar Open in 2017,
BTW is took Murray 81 mins to win the 1st set against Etcheverry 76(5) in Basel, yes the match is still going on lol! and the match is going 3 sets, a typical Murray match.Etcheverry wins 67(5) 63 62

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do I get a Gold Star this time for my investigations?
Answer to your question is No, reason being due to Murray's string of injuries, that last time they played each other was at the Qatar Open in 2017,
BTW is took Murray 81 mins to win the 1st set against Etcheverry 76(5) in Basel, yes the match is still going on lol! and the match is going 3 sets, a typical Murray match
Absolutely you get a gold Star

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

EYE-WATERING VIENNA OPEN FEE REQUESTED BY CARLOS ALCARAZ CONFIRMED AS TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR CALLS ADDING SPANIARD TOO EXPENSIVE

If this is true, it’s probably inevitable it happens because Charley has choices, you know, so to get him, you have to pay. But I also think it’s OTT as well. It’s an under the counter economy that might make it difficult to run a tourney, except with lower level players. I can only imagine the going rate for the Big 3, in their prime. Charley doesn’t get out of bed for less that €750,000..

Status
Not open for further replies.