2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Explain to me why this inspires a laughing emoji? You're such a hypocrite. You wanted new blood, but when it actually threatens Djokovic, you're all giggles, if man is injured?
I posted that news yesterday as usual that poster ignores my posts typical ! Charly has 2 physical issues, gluteal muscle problem and inflammation of sole of his left foot, if that poster read my posts he might be able to keep up with the recent news, Any poster that posts 'giggles' regarding a player that is injured is just 'ignorant' as far as I am concerned, that poster just does that to get a reaction? regardless if you are a fan or not, though we all know he dosent want Charly to threaten Novak!.
In regards to Charly I hope he can heal these injuries before Paris Masters and the ATP finals in Turin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I posted that news yesterday try to read my posts and you will keep up with the recent news lol!
He has 2 physical issues are he has a gluteal problem and also inflammation of sole of his left foot now you are up to date with yesterdays news
He doesn't care that you already posted it, and frankly it doesn't matter. People miss posts, and there's no sin in posting news that has already been posted. He didn't intend to break news, he only wanted to gloat over a player's injury who was threatening his Precious for the YE #1.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He doesn't care that you already posted it, and frankly it doesn't matter. People miss posts, and there's no sin in posting news that has already been posted. He didn't intend to break news, he only wanted to gloat over a player's injury who was threatening his Precious for the YE #1.
Well he does that on a regular basis with my on posts both on the ATP and WTA btw, so it is not a 'one off', as I said in my post to you he wanted a reaction and he got one, to gloat over a players injury who is threatening his Novak is 'ignorant' as far as I am concerned and not a tennis fan at all.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic and Iga Swiatek will headline a stellar field at the United Cup held in Perth and Sydney from December 29th to 7th January 2024.
Nine of the worlds top 20 men and 5 of the world's top 10 women will feature at the exciting mixed team event, the draw to be revealed on Monday 23 Octoer.
Four countries will make their debut in 2024, including Serbia, Canada China, Netherlands
The final 2 remaining countries ( one WTA and one ATP) will be admitted to the competition on Monday 20th November, based on the rankings published on this date.
The United Cup, an ATP-WTA event in partnership with Tennis Australia offers a AUD 15 million in prize money and 500 Pepperstone ATP and 500 WTA Tour ranking points.

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Shelton d Tommy Paul 76(4) 63 in the first QF in Tokyo
Last year Ben wasnt even a full tine tennis player
This year, he's ranked 19 in the world and has a AO QF and USO SF to his name
Ben has won 11 of last 13 matches., up to No 17 in the live rankings
It is his 2nd SF this year
Well done Ben!
Ben will face either FAA or Giron in the SF

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching the QF match between Monfils v Mannarino, in Stockholm, Gael was down a break in the 1st set, broke back to win 75, playing well against a 'in form player in Mannarino, Gael up a break in the 2nd set leads 4-2, oh spoke too soon Gael DFs and hands the break back to Mannarino :) back on serve in the 2nd set.
Well done to Gael Monfils he hasnt been able to play a full tour this year and he is into his first SF defeating Mannarino 75 76(3) showing some Monfils 'magic' in this match

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully in December he will be able to train pain Free

Watching the QF match between Monfils v Mannarino, in Stockholm, Gael was down a break in the 1st set, broke back to win 75, playing well against a 'in form player in Mannarino, Gael up a break in the 2nd set leads 4-2, oh spoke too soon Gael DFs and hands the break back to Mannarino :) back on serve in the 2nd set.
Well done to Gael Monfils he hasnt been able to play a full tour this year and he is into his first SF defeating Mannarino 75 76(3) showing some Monfils 'magic' in this match
MM have you noticed Gael has been able to play in front of a large audience over the past 4 months.. I think most fans has him in their top 5 of players to watch these days on the ATP tour

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully in December he will be able to train pain Free

MM have you noticed Gael has been able to play in front of a large audience over the past 4 months.. I think most fans has him in their top 5 of players to watch these days on the ATP tour
I agree Gael does get bums on seats when he is playing, some of his shots are just 'sic' at times, also he is a very affable person, a real entertainer, shame he has suffered some injuries that have seen him having to take time off the tour for long periods., he said this could be his last year of playing, I guess we shall see if that happens.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Amazing how Japan & Stockholm have lost all their seeded players by the SFs! The European's held onto Tsitsipas & 2 others, but the SF's & finals of the other 2 events might have lame conclusions w/ no stars since Qualifiers, WC's, and "no-names" have made it thru so far! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First SF about to start soon Carlos Bernades is the umpire and has arrived on court in Tokyo
Ben Shelton vs Marcos Giron

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to my rising star and phone expert Ben Shelton, into his first ATP final! defeating Marcos Giron 67(2) 76(5) 64
Ben came back from 2-5 in set No 2 was 2 points from losing
But he shifted the reality of the match
Ben has won 12 of his last 14 matches
Well done Ben!

Status
Not open for further replies.