2020 French Open Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is now a much greater player than federer and a little bit greater than djokovic for now.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Most disappointing is that again no peak level was shown against peak rabbit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Australian open 2021 title next

Attachments

• rafaelnadal-20.jpg
    rafaelnadal-20.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is now a much greater player than federer and a little bit greater than djokovic for now.

How is he much greater than Federer? Perhaps in the sense that he doesn’t self-implode and beat himself, but other than that I’m not so sure.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match was so similar to AO19. Novak never able to really get into this match making so many UFE because of the opponent. My connection on airport was breaking up, but how many breakpoints did Novak have, almost none and he was poor serving and struggling all the time on his serve. Same like AO19, just opposite outcome.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And yes, those dropshots sucked. He should have stopped it and try to get into rhytm on baseline more.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has to defeat Novak at AO to be the GOAT..otherwise the Goat is a three headed combination of (Roger, Rafa and Novak)..even Rafa would co-sign this statement in all honesty IMO.

Reactions: tented

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
How is he much greater than Federer? Perhaps in the sense that he doesn’t self-implode and beat himself, but other than that I’m not so sure.
Nadal better than federer almost everywhere h2h Masters, majors titles 2010s Nadal winning 13 slams federer only 5? majors h2h, even got to higher levels on grass And Nadal winning Australian open, RG next year as well you sound salty now little boy.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope nobody thinks I'm returning here to gloat, but I am a tad excited now, i must admit. Nadal's performance wasn't only one of the greatest we've seen in tennis, but his 13th title transcends tennis to become one of sports most monolithic, epic and surely unequalable achievements. His ability to beat the best of the rest so cleanly in semifinals and finals, his virtual impregnability in Paris, is comparable only with achievements outside of tennis, but there's nothing in tennis to compare with it.

I'm glad he tied Federer, and after only 60 slams, which is a haste in accumulation beaten only by Borg. Both of them are great champions, Borg was too, and Novak will surely eventually join Rafa and Roger on 20, and deserve to.

I felt no sympathy for Novak today because he dished it out on Rafa in Oz last year, and they'll bloody each others bibs again in the future. That's how it goes. You suffer miserably, or you celebrate with ferocity, and there's no in between. Nobody could have lived with Old Ralph today - not even Young Ralph, and that's the highest compliment I can pay him... :)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal better than federer almost everywhere even got to higher levels on grass And Nadal winning Australian open, RG next year as well you sound salty now little boy.

Nadal never got to a higher level on grass. He barely beat Federer in 5 in 2008 and then in 2010 he got lucky that both Federer and Djokovic lost before he had to play them.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal never got to a higher level on grass. He barely beat Federer in 5 in 2008 and then in 2010 he got lucky that both Federer and Djokovic lost before he had to play them.

Nonsense, bro, stop that. No way Novak would have beaten Rafa in 2010 at any slam, and Federer wouldn't have either. Rafa 2010 was the Beast...

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Would you care to explain how Djokovic managed to serve only 40% in the first set? Any word out of Serbia on what was wrong with him?

Nothing so far.

He beated himself in first two sets, serving is due to him not the rabbit on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope nobody thinks I'm returning here to gloat, but I am a tad excited now, i must admit. Nadal's performance wasn't only one of the greatest we've seen in tennis, but his 13th title transcends tennis to become one of sports most monolithic, epic and surely unequalable achievements. His ability to beat the best of the rest so cleanly in semifinals and finals, his virtual impregnability in Paris, is comparable only with achievements outside of tennis, but there's nothing in tennis to compare with it.

I'm glad he tied Federer, and after only 60 slams, which is a haste in accumulation beaten only by Borg. Both of them are great champions, Borg was too, and Novak will surely eventually join Rafa and Roger on 20, and deserve to.

I felt no sympathy for Novak today because he dished it out on Rafa in Oz last year, and they'll bloody each others bibs again in the future. That's how it goes. You suffer miserably, or you celebrate with ferocity, and there's no in between. Nobody could have lived with Old Ralph today - not even Young Ralph, and that's the highest compliment I can pay him... :)

Djokovic’s poor serving had something to do with the outcome today. Actually, it also cost Djokovic a 3-set win on Friday as well. It wasn’t all about Nadal.

Reactions: Bonaca

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has to defeat Novak at AO to be the GOAT..otherwise the Goat is a three headed combination of (Roger, Rafa and Novak)..even Rafa would co-sign this statement in all honesty IMO.

Pete, Bjorn, Laver and Pancho Gonzales withhold their thumb print from this post, my great friend!

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
read my post these stats I edited just for you, and yes Nadal 2008-10 much higher than federer would have beat federer straight sets in 2010 wimbledon.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nonsense, bro, stop that. No way Novak would have beaten Rafa in 2010 at any slam, and Federer wouldn't have either. Rafa 2010 was the Beast...

Are you talking about the guy who was taken to 5 by Haase and Petzschner at Wimbledon in 2010? How is that invincible?

Reactions: Bonaca

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got home from work

Vamos Rafa....I have recorded the match and now I can sit back 'with colm' and watch

Amazing Performance this is the fouth time he has won RG not dropping a set.There are also other great stats I am too excited to write

Congrats to my fellow Rafa Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is his backyard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!