• Nadal in five sets

• Federer in three sets

• Federer in four sets

• Federer in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree the money should not be the issue, but I am sure he likes playing there. Quite the life. Playing the semis of RG for fun.

I don't know why, he hardly has any good history here and I'd like to think Roger is still ambitious enough not to care about a little semi appearance (as though the semis is a decent result)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't know why, he hardly has any good history here and I'd like to think Roger is still ambitious enough not to care about a little semi appearance (as though the semis is a decent result)

Clay is just a great surface to play tennis on. The best in my view. In terms of legacy, well, with Rafa around this place is indeed hopeless for him.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Thiem would also be playing with the wind, and I think you should factor that in.

That is one of the factors. I think both are playing the wind pretty badly. Both can add a lot of spin to the ball, more Nadal than Federer but still... this is the safest way to play the wind.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was some point.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lame. Not sure how anyone could like both.

I've grown to like see all three of them play. Obviously, don't want Fedal to win any slams, but it's usually a good showing. I'm even enjoying seeing them cope with the wind today.

Reactions: tented

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay is just a great surface to play tennis on. The best in my view. In terms of legacy, well, with Rafa around this place is indeed hopeless for him.

It's great if you like to play endless rallies like Nadal and Djokovic. I doubt Roger enjoys it that much compared to surfaces where his serve and shotmaking matter.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hopefully he never plays here again. Clearly shouldn't have played here. All he gets is some money he can wipe his ass with as he doesn't need anymore of that.
a lot of people said he was wrong to play there but he wanted to say goodbye to RG I guess ? his real place's on grass of course

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

It is also my favorite but I simply cannot agree it was hopeless. Maybe if you factor the mental side. The guy had so many chances this match.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Did Fed get a warning for hitting that ball in the air?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyways hopefully someone beats this awful cunt in the finals. Him winning 12 is a way worse disaster than Quasimodo's house catching fire.

Reactions: Front242

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is one of the factors. I think both are playing the wind pretty badly. Both can add a lot of spin to the ball, more Nadal than Federer but still... this is the safest way to play the wind.
No, you're comparing them on a complicated weather day to Thiem on a normal day.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
a lot of people said he was wrong to play there but he wanted to say goodbye to RG I guess ? his real place's on grass of course

He was wrong to play clay ever again. It'd be different if grass wasn't so close to clay but the schedule is what it is. Fed's sentimentality (a word I hate) got in the way here. May hurt his chances on a surface he can still play well on.