2017 Australian Open Day 7: Sunday, Jan 22 - Order of Play

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
saw some highlights of fed. man this is the best ive seen his backhand in years. especially the past 2 matches. and hes returning aggressively from bh side too. fun to watch when he plays like this

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kei should fire whomever architected that strategy vs Federer even if it's himself.

You mean losing to Federer in 5 sets is a bad result ? :s He was doing just fine all match. Roger just started hitting his serve with better placement making it harder to return and improved his own ROS also. Kei was on fire at the start but it's very hard to maintain your A game for the whole match and that clearly was his A game at the start in set 1.

Nah..not loosing to Fed but his tactics were just silly.,Roger had no answers for Kei's serve, but for some odd reason he dialed it down.. played so ridiculously serve and volley tactics from a serve that was less than 100 mph...he began the match attacking Roger's bh..was able to break it down but tried to battle Roger from the baseline fh 2 fh...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Attacking Roger's forehand is the right tactic as it's actually weaker than his backhand these days imo. His backhand has improved a ton. His forehand is great when it's clicking but he hits tons of shanks.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kei should fire whomever architected that strategy vs Federer even if it's himself.

You mean losing to Federer in 5 sets is a bad result ? :s He was doing just fine all match. Roger just started hitting his serve with better placement making it harder to return and improved his own ROS also. Kei was on fire at the start but it's very hard to maintain your A game for the whole match and that clearly was his A game at the start in set 1.

Did Roger win the title last night..I just saw how exuberant Roger was during mp over Kei..i thought you always felt players should react to a non finals match like they had been there before..correct

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Did Roger win the title last night..I just saw how exuberant Roger was during mp over Kei..i thought you always felt players should react to a non finals match like they had been there before..correct

Seriously? Roger beat the world number 4 in a very tough match where he lost the first set and it didn't look good at all at first when he was down 5-1 and still managed to lose the TB. Couple that with that fact he's now beaten back to back top 10 players and a former slam finalist after a 6 month injury layoff. Hardly the same as beating a kid who has never made it past the 3rd round of a slam now is it? How can you possibly compare that to beating a 19 year old who lost because of cramping and fitness issues who has never made the 2nd week of any slam? Which match looked tougher to you ? Be honest...could Nishikori move all match? Why yes, he could. There's your answer right there. :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Seriously? Roger beat the world number 4 in a very tough match where he lost the first set and it didn't look good at all at first when he was down 5-1 and still managed to lose the TB. Couple that with that fact he's now beaten back to back top 10 players and a former slam finalist after a 6 month injury layoff. Hardly the same as beating a kid who has never made it past the 3rd round of a slam now is it? How can you possibly compare that to beating a 19 year old who lost because of cramping and fitness issues who has never made the 2nd week of any slam? Which match looked tougher to you ? Be honest...could Nishikori move all match? Why yes, he could. There's your answer right there. :cover

When Rafa wins any match you are the first to say , Rafa acts like he just won the title when he jumps with exuberant..ask Miss Carol..you do it every time but take a vastly different stance when it's your beloved one who celebrates, WHY

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:

When Rafa wins any match you are the first to say , Rafa acts like he just won the title when he jumps with exuberant..ask Miss Carol..you do it every time but take a vastly different stance when it's your beloved one who celebrates, WHY
Oh come one you two, this is a trivial argument. I can see why both players would celebrate exuberantly after an early round win. Fed has been out for 6 months and beat 2 top 10 players, Nadal has lost the last few 5-set matches because he was outplayed and the kid who he defeated the last round held a match point against him last year. Besides, with the way seeds have been getting upset this week I would celebrate every win like it was the final.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:

I just answered why above and no I'm not the first to say it, it's usually Fiero. In fact I can't recall saying it much though I did after the Zverev match because, frankly, it was embarrassing and downright unsporting to his opponent who could barely move at the end. Seems that like Carol you didn't read any of my post above btw. A frequently observed trait of bitter Nadal fans just yapping constantly without reading posts properly. All you see is Federer fan and it's like a bull seeing red :s Just be happy he won and same for Federer. FFS.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

I just answered why above and no I'm not the first to say it, it's usually Fiero. In fact I can't recall saying it much though I did after the Zverev match because, frankly, it was embarrassing and downright unsporting to his opponent who could barely move at the end. Seems that like Carol you didn't read any of my post above btw. A frequently observed trait of bitter Nadal fans just yapping constantly without reading posts properly. All you see is Federer fan and it's like a bull seeing red :s Just be happy he won and same for Federer. FFS.

It's nothing bitter from me but your bias about Rafa in contrast to Roger is a bit inhuman

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Was Kei unable to move properly towards the end? No he wasn't and Roger, or any decent sport for that matter, would not celebrate so crazily when their opponent was clearly suffering physically for 2 sets. It's no wonder Nadal has only won the sportsmanship award once when you see him do things like that. Did Stan cheer like crazy when he won the AO 2014? No he didn't 'cos he's not an unsporting pr1ck and could see his opponent was physically hampered.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

"the 19 years old who lost because of cramping and fitness issues". True, and that's why he beat Roger in Halle 2016, he didn't get any cramps and any fittness issues......:cover:nono:popcorn:rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Seriously Front you are going too far maybe because you are too exciting looking you idol playing well (nobody is arguing about it) but your comments about the Rafa-Zeverev match is sincerely totally ridiculous and childish, it seems more a tantrum of a little boy than anything else and also very laughable :popcorn:cover:rolleyes:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Was Kei unable to move properly towards the end? No he wasn't and Roger, or any decent sport for that matter, would not celebrate so crazily when their opponent was clearly suffering physically for 2 sets. It's no wonder Nadal has only won the sportsmanship award once when you see him do things like that. Did Stan cheer like crazy when he won the AO 2014? No he didn't 'cos he's not an unsporting pr1ck and could see his opponent was physically hampered.

Front..you acting like young Alex couldn't move for the entire match..it didn't happen like that.,Rafa had retaken control of the match before Zverev conditioning went south. The real issue as always is your perception that the cramps prevented a Rafa upset loss..it's as plain as day. Rafa didn't celebrate because the kid began suffering, he was happy because of his long struggle to win grandslam matches..but you know that.,Front what you practice is called gaslighting " the act of trying to get one to believe something that is obviously untrue ".. it's everyday practice here in the states especially with this facist of a thin skin sissy we have as the so called leader Trump. Lastly, Rafa's grueling style of play wore down Zverev's legs.. As for Stan he was a bit of an asshole that day when Rafa got injured but that's between them and hopefully Rafa will get an opportunity to avenge that humbling loss.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:

"the 19 years old who lost because of cramping and fitness issues". True, and that's why he beat Roger in Halle 2016, he didn't get any cramps and any fittness issues......:cover:nono:popcorn:rolleyes:

Carol do you read anything I type before ranting? I said yesterday I only see him as a danger to the big 4 in best of 3 till he improves his fitness and cuts down on the errors. Guess what...Halle is best of 3. Guess what else. Roger had a bad knee. Now please annoy someone else.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Front..you acting like young Alex couldn't move for the entire match..it didn't happen like that.,Rafa had retaken control of the match before Zverev conditioning went south. The real issue as always is your perception that the cramps prevented a Rafa upset loss..it's as plain as day. Rafa didn't celebrate because the kid began suffering, he was happy because of his long struggle to win grandslam matches..but you know that.,Front what you practice is called gaslighting " the act of trying to get one to believe something that is obviously untrue ".. it's everyday practice here in the states especially with this facist of a thin skin sissy we have as the so called leader Trump. Lastly, Rafa's grueling style of play wore down Zverev's legs.. As for Stan he was a bit of an asshole that day when Rafa got injured but that's between them and hopefully Rafa will get an opportunity to avenge that humbling loss.

Who said he was celebrating his opponent suffering physically? Certainly wasn't me. He was celebrating winning. What I said was it's poor to celebrate wildly when your opponent is suffering and I stand by it. Nadal is not sporting.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Oh come one you two, this is a trivial argument. I can see why both players would celebrate exuberantly after an early round win. Fed has been out for 6 months and beat 2 top 10 players, Nadal has lost the last few 5-set matches because he was outplayed and the kid who he defeated the last round held a match point against him last year. Besides, with the way seeds have been getting upset this week I would celebrate every win like it was the final.

Nah KS..it isn't trivial..time after time when Rafa wins, Front fires off these turds of attacks because the young man raises his arms to salute his team and fans.. I was watching last night , Federer did the same thing.,but not a darn critique from always bias against Rafa , Front.. I just called Front on the crap because he is claiming cramps lost the match for Alex..So it's not trivial, it's just Front..what I posted is legitimately true..I have never said a thing about a player celebrating, Hell I would too because tennis is grueling sport at times..go back check Brisbane and other tournament, every time Rafa wins a match Front has issues.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Who said he was celebrating his opponent suffering physically? Certainly wasn't me. He was celebrating winning. What I said was it's poor to celebrate wildly when your opponent is suffering and I stand by it. Nadal is not sporting.

Google" Gaslighting "

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Dude, not El Dude but Front ..please read what you posted
That doesn't make any sense..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Nah KS..it isn't trivial..time after time when Rafa wins, Front fires off these turds of attacks because the young man raises his arms to salute his team and fans.. I was watching last night , Federer did the same thing.,but not a darn critique from always bias against Rafa , Front.. I just called Front on the crap because he is claiming cramps lost the match for Alex..So it's not trivial, it's just Front..what I posted is legitimately true..I have never said a thing about a player celebrating, Hell I would too because tennis is grueling sport at times..go back check Brisbane and other tournament, every time Rafa wins a match Front has issues.

No, you're the one who has issues. Issues reading. Same as Carol. I've already typed multiple times above now (but you still haven't read it properly), Federer's opponent was not physically impaired at the end and Nadal's was. Is it really so hard to grasp that celebrating wildly when your opponent can't move properly is not sporting? No, it's not.