WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Breaking News,

Naomi Osaka is pregnant ( now we know the reason she withdrew from the AO) she plans to return to the tour in 2024. Osaka just announced the news on her social twitter page.
Wow really!..that's good news .I wish her joy happiness,just hope she didn't get pregnant so as to hold on to that boyfriend.Thats never a good idea...

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow really!..that's good news .I wish her joy happiness,just hope she didn't get pregnant so as to hold on to that boyfriend.Thats never a good idea...
Well I feel tennis didnt bring her much happiness, so like you I hope this brings her joy and happiness

AO Women's Champions since 2016,
2016 - Kerber currently pregnant
2017- Serena, won while pregnant
2018- Wozniacke, just welcomed second baby
2019-2021 - Osaka currently pregnant
2022 - Barty, currently pregnant.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I feel tennis didnt bring her much happiness, so like you I hope this brings her joy and happiness

Have y'all noticed that the ladies are beginning their families earlier in their careers. Good for them, IMO..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina Svitolina ( Monfils) who has won 16 WTA titles, will be working with John Morris as she looks to make her return to tennis in 2023,having given birth to her first child ( girl) last year.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

I think these players burnout and these breaks are necessary for sanity.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Good point. The guy may turn out to be a sperm donor like Vika's baby's daddy

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide International 2
QF D. Kasatkina (5) d P.Kvitova (12) 63 76 (3).....I watched this match, Kvitova up to this match was playing well, her serve went AWOL.her whole game went downhill, even her coach put his head down and could not look at her match at times during the match :).....Kasatkina will play the winner of Badosa v Haddad Maia in the s/final

Over 2 hours Badosa in a tough match against Haddad Maia wins 76 (5) 75....she will face Kasatkina in the s/final
Bencic (8) d Garcia (4) 62 36 64
V. Kudermetova (6) d D. Collins (10) 46 67 (5) 61

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hobart International QFs results,

Kenin d Kalinina (5) 64 36 61
Pera (6) d Cocciaretto 57 76(8) 64
L. Davis d X.Wang 63 63
A. Blinkova d Y.Putintseva (8) 63 64

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Belinda Bencic will return to the Top 10 on Monday 16th January, she isnt defending much in most of the big events in 2023, so I am curious to see if she can maybe comeback to Top 5 at some point

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa withdraws from the SF at Adelaide International 2 with a right leg injury, Kasatkina gets a walk over to the final

V. Kudermetova withdraws from the SF and Belinda Bencic gets a walkover to the final where she will play Kasatkina.Still waiting on news why Kudermetova withdrew, though the AO is 3 days away, players do not want niggling injuries before a GS.
Kudermetova withdrew left hip injury

Just watching the doubles final in Adelaide between T/Townsend/L. Stefani vs A.Pavlyuchenkova/E.Rybakina
Townsend/ Stefani won the 1st set 75....both ladies have great hands at the net, especially Taylor who keeps her racket in front at all times,for the volley and her elbows relaxed by the side, great technique. Good to see Pavlyuckenova back on the tour, after knee surgery, she is rusty which is to be expected, matches are needed, hopefully she stays healthy for the rest of the year, she is a great ball striker.

Well done to Townsend and Stefani who won the Adelaide International 2 Doubles Championship 75 76(3) over Pavlyuchenkova/Rybakina
A dominant display from Taylor Townsend! also Taylor would be a great player to have in mixed doubles in Grand Slam events, she has great technique,soft hands,understands the doubles court, great timing on shots as well.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hobart International results SFs,

E. Cocciaretto defeated S. Kenin 75 46 61. It is Coccoaretto first WTA final
L. Davis defeated A.Blinkova 63 63

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa withdraws from the SF at Adelaide International 2 with a right leg injury, Kasatkina gets a walk over to the final

Just watching the doubles final in Adelaide between T/Townsend/L. Stefani vs A.Pavlyuchenkova/E.Rybakina
Townsend/ Stefani won the 1st set 75....both ladies have great hands at the net, especially Taylor who keeps her racket in front at all times,for the volley and her elbows relaxed by the side, great technique. Good to see Pavlyuckenova back on the tour, after knee surgery, she is rusty which is to be expected, matches are needed, hopefully she stays healthy for the rest of the year, she is a great ball striker.

Well done to Townsend and Stefani who won the Adelaide International 2 Doubles Championship 75 76(3) over Pavlyuchenkova/Rybakina
A dominant display from Taylor Townsend! also Taylor would be a great player to have in mixed doubles in Grand Slam events, she has great technique,soft hands,understands the doubles court, great timing on shots as well.
Darn it I just listed Badosa as my dark horse for the open

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hobart International, Saturday 14th January,
Ladies Singles Final,
L. Davis vs E. Cocciaretto ( this will be Elisabetta first WTA Tour singles final) and Lauren's first final since Auckland 2017, her only title.

Last edited:
  • Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide International 2 Saturday 14th January,
Ladies Singles Final,
B. Bencic (8) vs D. Kasatkina (5) H2H Kasatkina 3-2....Bencic has a 1-0 on hard courts.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

V. Kudermetova withdraws from the SF and Belinda Bencic gets a walkover to the final where she will play Kasatkina.Still waiting on news why Kudermetova withdrew, though the AO is 3 days away, players do not want niggling injuries before a GS.
Kudermetova withdrew left hip injury

Taylor must continue playing doubles,maybe this is where her fortune is.

Status
Not open for further replies.