A. Cornet vs E. Cocciaretto
S. Kenin vs L.Zhu
E. Mertens vs M.Zanevska
Y.Putintseva vs C. Liu

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Personally, I can't wait to see what God-awful new tennis "outfits" the women will be wearing. I shouldn't pick on them, one year I could have sworn I saw Grigor Dimitrov wearing something that looked like pajamas on court. He came out in this outfit, I swear I would not put a 10 year old in it. He then took the outer layer off and the shirt and shorts were, I guess "suitable". I suppose that outer outfit was like a work out or track suit, but it was God awful ugly.

I don't know what got me on this tangent, sorry to fellow posters. I haven't been here in a while, accept my apologies........

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Personally, I can't wait to see what God-awful new tennis "outfits" the women will be wearing. I shouldn't pick on them, one year I could have sworn I saw Grigor Dimitrov wearing something that looked like pajamas on court. He came out in this outfit, I swear I would not put a 10 year old in it. He then took the outer layer off and the shirt and shorts were, I guess "suitable". I suppose that outer outfit was like a work out or track suit, but it was God awful ugly.

I don't know what got me on this tangent, sorry to fellow posters. I haven't been here in a while, accept my apologies........
Ostapenko heads my list always as the 'worst outfits' period :) in the WTA tour

Good to see you posting again Ellentonboy

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Osaka benefitted from a weak era of tennis. She got lucky that Serena was past her prime, and no one was ready to seize the throne. Even then, after winning the 2018 US Open and 2019 AO, she went into an extended slump. Don't forget that she lost to Coco Gauff at the 2020 AO before the pandemic. If not for the pandemic, which allowed Osaka to reset, she probably would have burnt out faster and not win the final 2 slams (also don't forget that Ash Barty, the best player in the world, wasn't even present for those slams). Once the new generation of players (Swiatek, Gauff, Raducanu, Fernandez, etc) developed, Osaka tapped out.

Osaka is a good example of why we don't rank players based on slam wins alone. Osaka isn't as good as Kim Clijsters, and she's certainly not better than players like Jennifer Capriati and Ash Barty.
Osaka is a ball basher that got lucky.Players like Myskina,Kim, Davenport and Capriati were way better.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yesterday was Peng Shuai's 37th birthday. Her whereabouts remain unknown and WTA - who have been steadfastly principled - have had their constant requests to meet her in person rebuffed.
Again asking " Where is Peng Shuai".

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yesterday was Peng Shuai's 37th birthday. Her whereabouts remain unknown and WTA - who have been steadfastly principled - have had their constant requests to meet her in person rebuffed.
Again asking " Where is Peng Shuai".
Fine, if they want to be that way. Continue to abstain from playing there. If I were the government, I'd drop a sanction on them but it probably won't last because everything is made in China and sold worldwide

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide International 2,
Good preformance from Anisimova to defeat Samsonova 75 63 from 1-4 down in the first set.Qualifying did her good this week, 3 wins, she needed those matches and wins, Anisimova will now play Haddad Maia next

Ostapenko goes down to qualifer Kalinskay in straight sets 63 64

Just watching Azarenka v Kudermetova.....Vika winning the 1st set 62, the score does not indicate the play, between these 2 players.
Vika having trouble with her serve at times, especially her 2nd serve which has always been a weakness in her game, her ball toss, which I feel is too high, Vika is 6 ft, and she drops her shoulder on the impact of the ball, resulting in a DF, when the rallies go long she usually wins the point.
Talking about outfits, Vika in a bright purple mid riff top, with high waisted olive green spandex looking shorts to the knee UGH,
Tighter 2nd set, went to a t/break and Vika's serve let her down and errors, Kudemetova was down 0-3, made less UFE and won 76(4) going to a final set
In a 3 hour battle Kudermetova d Azarenka 26 76(4) 64.....there were some promising signs from Azarenka.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotta feel for Linda Noskova #56 who reached the final WTA 500 in Adelaide, wins over Kasatkina, Azarenka and Jabeur, 2 days ago, loses in the first round at the AO qualifying, loses to Katherine Sebov #191 46 63 46
Alicia Park fans, she won her first round in qualifying at the AO

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gotta feel for Linda Noskova #56 who reached the final WTA 500 in Adelaide, wins over Kasatkina, Azarenka and Jabeur, 2 days ago, loses in the first round at the AO qualifying, loses to Katherine Sebov #191 46 63 46
I remember the drama between Parks and Sebov.I hope that they moved on from that mess.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Did anyone notice that a certain player got a BBL.Its very noticeable and the cameraman kept zooming in..

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Let's hope the AO does the right thing and give the wild card spot that Venus had (she withdrew due to injury) to Noskova. There's no reason why a player with a world ranking of 56 that just made a final should be in qualifying to begin with.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Let's hope the AO does the right thing and give the wild card spot that Venus had (she withdrew due to injury) to Noskova. There's no reason why a player with a world ranking of 56 that just made a final should be in qualifying to begin with.
Sad to say that wild card went to an Aussie player Kim Birrell. It was a time factor, because Linda had not played the final at Adelaide and her ranking was still high, before the tournament finished, then Linda's ranking was No 56.
There is a bright light, she will not have to play qualifers now her ranking is No 56,. to qualify for WTA tournaments from now on.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide International 2 , Wednesday 11th, January,

C. Garcia (4) vs K. Sinakova
P .Badosa (9) vs K. Kanepi
P. Kivotva (12) vs Q. Zhang
B. Krejcikova vs D. Kasatkina (5)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hobart International Wednesday 11th January,

S. Kenin vs M.Zanevska
L. Davis vs Y.Bonaventure
M. Bouzkova vs A. Blinkova
A. Kalinina vs T. Maria
B. Pera vs L. Siegemund

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide International 2 QFs Thursday 12th January,

Garcia (4) vs Bencic (8)
Collins (10) vs Kudermetova (6)
Badosa (9) vs Haddad Maia (11)
Kvitova (12) vs Kasatkina (5)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alycia Parks #75 out of AO qualifying for AO, serve wasnt doing damage, also 70 UFE did not help her cause at all

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hobart International QFs. January 12th,

Kalinina vs Kenin
Pera vs Cocciaretto
Blinkova vs Putintseva
Davis vs Xinyu Wang

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News,

Naomi Osaka is pregnant ( now we know the reason she withdrew from the AO) she plans to return to the tour in 2024. Osaka just announced the news on her social twitter page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.