Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rothesay International Tournament, Eastbourne

Ladies Final, Saturday 1st July,

D. Kasatkina (9) vs M, Keys

H2H Keys 8-2 , although Daria has won 2 of their last 3 meetings. This will be their first meeting on grass

If Madison plays the way she did in the SF against Gauff I feel she can win, Madison has to watch her margins, Madison was champion at Eastbourne, 9 years ago.
Daria with her win in the SF against Giorgi will be back in the Top 10, Daria will slice and dice in this final, Madison has to be patient and not over press with her shots

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Iga Swiatek has withdrawn from SFs at Bad Homburg due to fever/ possible food poisoning. L Bronzetti gets a walkover to the final
I don't believe she's ill. She looked at the draw and saw she plays on Mon. Didn't want to arrive at SW19 late on Sat.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad Homburg
Results SF Friday 30th June,
L. Bronzetti gpt a walkover to the final as Swiatek withdrew with illness ( suspected food poisoning)
K. Sinakova d E.Navarro 62 62

Ladies Singles Final
Satruday 1st July,

K. Siniakova vs L. Bronzetti First meeting

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
that brings me back to a point we make around here all the time. Why play the week before a slam? No top player should be playing. This week is for the rank and file players to pad their numbers
I totally agree, players like Pegula (back) and Garcia (right shoulder ) are now carrying injuries into Wimbledon, there was no need for them to be playing in the first place, a week before a GS

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the latest Dribble" from Stefanos Tsitsipas on Paula Badosa via twitter ( I promise this is the Last Time, I will post anything from the so called Power Couple) source The Tennis Letter

"I admire her a lot.She is my favorite player. She strikes me as a very interesting personality. Not just because of how she looks, but also because of what she has inside her. When she plays, I see myself........she inspires me! "

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last edited:
Reactions: lomaha and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies final at Eastbourne has just begun, Madison has a early break over Daria leading 3-0,
Madison playing very well,keeping her UFE low and also keeping the ball in play, there is a strong wind blowing, tough for both players, wind is a leveler in tennis that is for sure.Madison 4-1
AP your ex girl is playing well, I hope she can keep this form up all match, btw where the hell are you?
Madison 1st serve percentage around the 80% mark was a 'key 'mind the pun for her good 1st set and low UFE count , playing first strike tennis
Madison 1st set 62!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Madison breaks Daria to love and gets an early break and consolidates in the 2nd set leading 4-1, playing well,
Keys was in total control of this match, sloppy service game from Madison back on serve in the 2nd set, we have a game on now
5 games all 2nd set
Daria breaks Madison and will serve for the 2nd set 6-5? Madison you were in control of this match, ufe creeping into your game has cost you big time
Madison breaks back with good returning and now there is a TB for the 2nd set
Holy Hell what a TB Madison had a mini break and of course Daria came back, it was tight till the very end, with Madison finally on a good return won the TB
Daria had trouble keeping her shots away from Keys strike zone her fhand

Madison Keys d Daria Kasatkina 62 76(13) to win the Eastbourne final, in gael force winds mind you, Madison able to hit though the wind, Madison was champion here 9 years ago, long time between drinks I know, though she played tough in that TB even when she lost the mini break early in the TB. Played well all week at Eastbourne.
7th title
3rd grass title!
Well done Maddy!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies final at Bad Humburg,

K. Siniakova vs L. Bronzetti

Siniakova won the 1st set 62 and leading 2-1 2nd set , when play was suspended. ( I am now off to bed for awhile)
Play resumed ,
Well done to Sniakova her won her first title this season, ( her 4th singles titles overall), this is her first grass court title, defeating Bronzetti 62 76(5)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Top Ten ( Monday 3rd July)

1. Swiatek
2. Sabalenka
3. Rybakina
4. Pegula
5. Garcia
6. Jabeur
7. Gauff
8. Sakkari
9. Kvitova
10. Kasatkina (+ 1)

Biggest mover is Madison Keys who won WTA500 Eastbourne, she moves up to No 18 in the new rankings

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I have further news on Ash Barty's baby boy, its kind of ironic she gave birth during Wimbledon her favorite tournament and was always on her 'wish list' to win,

Ash Barty and her husband golfing professional Gary Kissick welcomed a healthy baby boy today, they named the baby boy Hayden.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I dont think so Tossip, I wish she did also, she has started a coaching academy with former coach, and now with a new baby, she has her hands full for the time being
She might come back ,she did it once she can do it again.Why not ,Wozniacki is coming back after two kids,Osaka is coming back and Svitolina came back..it's possible that she can change her mind and she is a still very young enough to play good tennis

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She might come ,she did it once she can do it again.Why not Wozniacki is coming back after two kids,Osaka is coming back and Svitolina came back..it's possible that she can change her mind and she is a still very young enough to play good tennis
Ash did say she hasnt closed the door on ever coming back to tennis, so I guess we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.