WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
In Morocco Tournament today,
Wins for Alycia Parks (4) in SS and L.Fernandez (5) in SS

Miss Margaret and @kskate2 what's going on with Miss Lil Bit. She suddenly has the yips on her ball toss .my LORD once "the ball toss position gives you the "yips" it something that is very hard to correct in match or a tournament. We all have been there before hopefully she can correct it soon

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Margaret and @kskate2 what's going on with Miss Lil Bit. She suddenly has the yips on her ball toss .my LORD once "the ball toss position gives you the "yips" it something that is very hard to correct in match or a tournament. We all have been there before hopefully she can correct it soon
agree once your ball toss goes, usually does your serve, I will go and watch now, have been busy, maybe we should send her to the Serena Williams Ball Toss Academy, Serena's ball toss was text book stuff.
I have heard about her opponent Peyton a college player from Texas, apparently regarded by some

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well she should not be losing to that player in Morocco for starters? agree once your ball toss goes, usually does your serve, I will go and watch now, have been busy, maybe we should send her to the Serena Williams Ball Toss Academy, Serena's ball toss was text book stuff.
I have heard about her opponent Peyton a college player from Texas, apparently regarded by some
Serena serve wasn't dependent on her ball toss but how rapidly she could move and rotate her hips through her service motion. Ala Pete Sampras.. Lela problems is that she is dropping her head and arm too quickly. it can be fixed very quickly with a good serving coach. Tell her to send me a DM and I can catch the next flight over to France

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena serve wasn't dependent on her ball toss but how rapidly she could move and rotate her hips through her service motion. Ala Pete Sampras.. Lela problems is that she is dropping her head and arm too quickly. it can be fixed very quickly with a good serving coach. Tell her to send me a DM and I can catch the next flight over to France
I never said she was dependent on her ball toss, Serena's ball toss in my opinion was the best, that is all., in the womens tour
Of course I will send her a DM and you can take a flight to France, business class or coach by the way :)
This match is getting Ugly Fernandez is down 0-4 in the final set

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I never said she was dependent on her ball toss, Serena's ball toss in my opinion was the best, that is all., in the womens tour
Of course I will send her a DM and you can take a flight to France, business class or coach by the way :)
This match is getting Ugly Fernandez is down 0-4 in the final set
Entiendo mi amiga

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fernandez is catching her ball toss way to often? Stearns will serve for the match
In Morocco
Peyton Stearns d L. Fernandez (5) 63 26 62
Fernandez needs to get her ball toss right, far too wayward in the match

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You know the serve yips start as a mental block. I would say she's lost so much confidence in her game that the serve is only part of her issue. I'm sure if you watch her matches you'll see she's not constructing the points properly, making a ton of errors, etc.

First, fix her head, second hire a serve coach, third hire an effective overall coach to help w/ scheduling, training, application, etc

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is no surprise,
Garbine Murgurza has announced her engagement, the former No 1 players has been off the tour since January this year, to spend more times with friends and family
Apparently she will get married next year in Spain where she first met her fiancee

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Sloanes game is made for clay, I always thought she could have won another major at RG
If I had known what was going to happen with Simona Halep, I would have rooted for Sloane at the 2018 RG final. Pretty sad how her game fell apart after the loss. Almost like Kenin after the 2020 RG final. I wonder if Sloane's career (and Kenin's for that matter) would have turned out different if she had won that 2nd slam right after the first.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If I had known what was going to happen with Simona Halep, I would have rooted for Sloane at the 2018 RG final. Pretty sad how her game fell apart after the loss. Almost like Kenin after the 2020 RG final. I wonder if Sloane's career (and Kenin's for that matter) would have turned out different if she had won that 2nd slam right after the first.
I have always loved Slaone games , after her USO GS title she lost her way sad to say, dont mention Kenin to me lol I am still astounded she made a RG final,

Reactions: AnonymousFan

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I have always loved Slaone games , after her USO GS title she lost her way sad to say, dont mention Kenin to me lol I am still astounded she made a RG final,
The frustrating thing about Sloane is that we know she has the talent to achieve great heights in tennis. We saw it in that 9-month stretch between the 2017 US Open and the 2018 French Open. The problem with her is that most of the time she doesn't seem to have the drive. Sloane's the type of player that will post a result every now and then to get your hopes up, but is unable to sustain success for an extended period of time.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The frustrating thing about Sloane is that we know she has the talent to achieve great heights in tennis. We saw it in that 9-month stretch between the 2017 US Open and the 2018 French Open. The problem with her is that most of the time she doesn't seem to have the drive. Sloane's the type of player that will post a result every now and then to get your hopes up, but is unable to sustain success for an extended period of time.
To me when she hooked up with her BF who is now her husband her drive for tennis disappeared sad to say

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I always wonder if she is happy in her marriage.I never see him at her matches these days.I understand he plays soccer in Mexico,and a long distance relationship can be problematic.
Sloane has of late has looked disinterested, then she got a new coach Roig, then they parted company, agree long distance relationships can be a problem especially as they are both athletes, playing different parts of the globe etc

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Let's not get our hopes up in regards to Sloane's chances.. Sloane could check out the first match or the first week of RG. When Sloane makes it to the semis Then give this a bump.. Like a mother's who is in denial about her demon seed kid meaning all the kid will do is break your heart in the end and that's what spending time hoping for Sloane to really give a darn however she did today. Bravo Sloane.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I always wonder if she is happy in her marriage.I never see him at her matches these days.I understand he plays soccer in Mexico,and a long distance relationship can be problematic.
Sloane can reach out to me, I have a 4 weeks of vacation time this Summer I can use. I will gladly pitch-hit for the hubby while he is away. ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip
Status
Not open for further replies.